2000 Posts By Christmas 2012

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: !

Postby Noel+ » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:17 am

Tomtemor wrote:
Noel+ wrote:
Christmas Crazy wrote:Loved the post about budgeting. We've been on a full budget for four years and there is no greater feeling than being in charge of our money (what little there is). And it makes Christmas a joy, not a burden.

Absolutely! Now that we're both unemployed, our prior savings are keeping us in our home. I'm concerned we're using up savings, retirement -- but I can pay the bills each month because we budgeted! Good for you Christmas Crazy - it'll be a merrier Christmas because of your discipline :scene:

Praying for all in similar circumstances. It is so easy to get focused on ourselves in tough times and forget the Spirit of Christmas! :gbhouse: :scene:

Yes, and truthfully hard Christmas' make longer-lasting memories in my heart. Its not the 'things' -- its Jesus' birthday, not ours. :snowwow:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Re: 2000 Posts By Christmas 2012

Postby Noel+ » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:18 am

CandyKane wrote:I just ordered The Joys of Christmas 2012 Guideposts Book. I love this book so much. It's a yearly tradition. :holly1:

Oh, thanks for the reminder CK. Just love the Joys of Christmas book too! :D

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:35 am

When I got home from work yesterday, my wife had that electric wax melting thingy plugged in.
It smelled soooo good. The scent was Spice Bread.
My daughter came in the house and asked "Why does it smell like Thanksgiving in here?"
I told her "Just wait, It will soon smell like Christmas!". :rudolph1:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby mistletoe misfit » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:14 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:When I got home from work yesterday, my wife had that electric wax melting thingy plugged in.
My daughter came in the house and asked "Why does it smell like Thanksgiving in here?"

:lol: Christmas Crazy that's what I always say when I can't remember the name of something. I say to my husband "You know that Thingy" He replies " Sure hon I know exactly what your talking about" then he rolls his eyes at me. :laugh:
There was a Christmas commercial a couple of years ago Where a couple was decorating a tree. The husband says " pass me the....you know the Thingy" I was literally on the floor laughing.
The wax melting thingy sounds lovely. Where do you buy it?
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:41 am

mistletoe misfit wrote:
Christmas Crazy wrote:When I got home from work yesterday, my wife had that electric wax melting thingy plugged in.

:lol: Christmas Crazy that's what I always say when I can't remember the name of something. I say to my husband "You know that Thingy" He replies " Sure hon I know exactly what your talking about" then he rolls his eyes at me. :laugh:
There was a Christmas commercial a couple of years ago Where a couple was decorating a tree. The husband says " pass me the....you know the Thingy" I was literally on the floor laughing.
The wax melting thingy sounds lovely. Where do you buy it?

Hobby Lobby. It was was 50% off. We paid $15 for it.
Came with a 25 watt bulb. Check it out here http://shop.hobbylobby.com/store/item.aspx?ItemId=167972.
Hobby Lobby calls the THINGY a ceramic warmer.
We will be looking for a Christmas theme "ceramic warmer" next.
They had a snowman ceramic warmer, but it was $35. Too rich for our blood.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:25 pm

Thought of you FatherChristmas when I was at the Hallmark store this weekend.

Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby tinseltown » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:46 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:Thought of you FatherChristmas when I was at the Hallmark store this weekend.

Love the picture ! Thanks for all your prayers feeling alot better and i know God is doing a work in me , thank you lord .Its so nice that everyone here brings the lord into the holiday season , he,s the reason behind our lovely christmases :smilecc: Will be praying for health finances and jobs for all of you . So lovely to touch base with you all :elfgrin: Going to collect a parcel that my sister sent tomorrow so it will be a mini christmas before i go to work :smilecc: Be blessed everyone x
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby Noel+ » Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:29 am

Thanks for sharing the answered prayers, tinseltown. We continue to pray........

Kudos on receiving a Christmas gift!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:53 am

Noel+ wrote:Thanks for sharing the answered prayers, tinseltown. We continue to pray........

Kudos on receiving a Christmas gift!

Hej Tinseltown! Praying for you. I have gone through that this year, unpleasant female issues and tests only to be told my problem was nothing but stress and told to get a job. (duh.................) So many of us are in the same boat. It is frightening.

Hubby got okay from all bosses and will start on the 4th job on Friday. The "good" news is that he will be paid more than he thought (makes it even harder to turn down) and it should go for both semesters. The irony is that while it will mean extra money for our necessary trip to the US, it will mean less time. Oh well, one cannot have everything.

I seem to spend most of my time in the kitchen these days as I have gone to making alot of things from scratch to save money. Mirror, mirror on the wall, I have become my grandmother after all. :laugh: She is probably looking down from heaven and saying "I told you, you should have paid attention!"

I got hubby an eraser set for Christmas in August. They are all shaped like balls (football, basketball, baseball, volleyball?, and soccer ball). Too cute! :shop:
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Mrs.Claus » Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:10 pm

I can't believe it - we are going on a Disney Cruise in the fall for our 20th Anniversary. We went to Disney World for our honeymoon. And we're taking the kids (ages 11 & 13). We are going to have so much fun!!!

Since we're driving down to Florida, my oldest asked if we could stop at Bronner's Christmas Wonderland. I was totally floored because she's usually the one moaning and complaining about going any where but where she'd like to shop (teenagers). So we're going there too!!! Not sure how much extra cash we'll have, but will get a Christmas ornament for the soon-to-be newest member of our extended family - Peyton (she's due any time now, and then I'll be a great aunt).

Looks to be an excited fall/winter.
~ Mrs. Claus ~

Mrs.Claus
The Mrs.

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:52 pm

Way Way Way Way Fun Mrs. C!!!!!!
I love going on cruises. I've never been on a Disney Cruise, but I know others who have and they just loved it. What a great early Christmas present. And Bronners as a bonus! Can't beat that.
I think I'm a little green with envy. :elfgrin:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:10 am

Mrs.Claus wrote:I can't believe it - we are going on a Disney Cruise in the fall for our 20th Anniversary. We went to Disney World for our honeymoon. And we're taking the kids (ages 11 & 13). We are going to have so much fun!!!

Have a GREAT time!

Hubby´s tv commercial is now airing. He has seen it, but I have not. Hoping it will show up on YouTube.

Looking forward to QVC´s Christmas show tomorrow. It will truly be a friday Christmas and Christmas in August. A double dose of Christmas blessings! :scene:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:26 am

Just got notice that I will have an interview on Monday with the Fullbright Scholarship Commitee for a job as Program Officer. It is temp, fulltime, until March. Praying for some Christmas magic!

Hubby and I were still trying to decide on the "official" christmas in august celebration movie. For some odd reason he considers Die Hard 1 and 2, the "best" christmas films ever made. bah humbug. But that does bring up an interesting point, what are some of your no so "usual" Christmas flicks?

During my "dark" phase (depression after divorce), I watched the Die Hard movies, Lethal Weapon and The Long Kiss Goodnight. I never did go for the christmas slasher films, thank God. I do, however, REALLY like the Dr. Who Christmas specials, at least the ones with David Tenant. I have not seen the "new" Dr. We do not get Dr. Who here in Sweden. :-(
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:17 am

Good luck with your interview Jennifer!
And enjoy your Christmas celebration this weekend. :smilecc:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:18 am

Mrs.Claus wrote:I can't believe it - we are going on a Disney Cruise in the fall for our 20th Anniversary. We went to Disney World for our honeymoon. And we're taking the kids (ages 11 & 13). We are going to have so much fun!!!

Since we're driving down to Florida, my oldest asked if we could stop at Bronner's Christmas Wonderland. I was totally floored because she's usually the one moaning and complaining about going any where but where she'd like to shop (teenagers). So we're going there too!!! Not sure how much extra cash we'll have, but will get a Christmas ornament for the soon-to-be newest member of our extended family - Peyton (she's due any time now, and then I'll be a great aunt).

How wonderful Mrs C! Bronner's will take an entire day at the least - :wink:

It is so romantic that you are returning to Disney for your anniversary. Congrats!And what a beautiful prelude to the Christmas season! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:19 am

Tomtemor wrote:Just got notice that I will have an interview on Monday with the Fullbright Scholarship Commitee for a job as Program Officer. It is temp, fulltime, until March. Praying for some Christmas magic!

Hubby and I were still trying to decide on the "official" christmas in august celebration movie. For some odd reason he considers Die Hard 1 and 2, the "best" christmas films ever made. bah humbug. But that does bring up an interesting point, what are some of your no so "usual" Christmas flicks?

During my "dark" phase (depression after divorce), I watched the Die Hard movies, Lethal Weapon and The Long Kiss Goodnight. I never did go for the christmas slasher films, thank God. I do, however, REALLY like the Dr. Who Christmas specials, at least the ones with David Tenant. I have not seen the "new" Dr. We do not get Dr. Who here in Sweden. :-(

Praying for your interview Monday. And remember, Friday on QVC is Christmas countdown! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:21 am

I am looking forward to QVC´s Christmas countdown tomorrow!
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:29 am

Tomtemor wrote:I am looking forward to QVC´s Christmas countdown tomorrow!

I ordered the TSV -- the Angel light. My DH just frowned.........it was definitely an indulgence with our financial situation, so now its my Christmas present. And I can't wait to receive my package.

Happy shopping -- 99% of mine is just viewing and enjoying. Hope you enjoy the day! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:48 am

Noel+ wrote:
Tomtemor wrote:I am looking forward to QVC´s Christmas countdown tomorrow!

I ordered the TSV -- the Angel light. My DH just frowned.........it was definitely an indulgence with our financial situation, so now its my Christmas present. And I can't wait to receive my package.

Happy shopping -- 99% of mine is just viewing and enjoying. Hope you enjoy the day! :smilecc:

I never bought anything even when I was in the US, and Christmas is the only time i watch the home shopping channels. It is just for fun, though I saw a patriotic santa on Christmas in July that could have been very tempting.....
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:45 am

Merry Friday Christmas! (stolen from Christmas Crazy)

Today is prep day for Christmas in August. I have my regular Friday cleaning with QVC on in the background. Then I will prepare the fried ice cream balls for tomorrow. The menu is set and shopping will be done when hubby gets home. :dinner: :shop:

http://www.senses.se/vad-tycker-du-om-a ... a-kampanj/

There is a copy of hubby´s commercial. His is the first, called The Dansare. Warning: the second commercial is about a gay couple in Paris. Cick at your own risk. :oops:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter