2000 Posts By Christmas 2012

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: 2000 Posts By Christmas 2012

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:03 am

Tomtemor wrote:Merry Friday Christmas! (stolen from Christmas Crazy)

Today is prep day for Christmas in August. I have my regular Friday cleaning with QVC on in the background. Then I will prepare the fried ice cream balls for tomorrow. The menu is set and shopping will be done when hubby gets home. :dinner: :shop:

http://www.senses.se/vad-tycker-du-om-a ... a-kampanj/

There is a copy of hubby´s commercial. His is the first, called The Dansare. Warning: the second commercial is about a gay couple in Paris. Click at your own risk. :oops:
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:04 am

http://www.eclecticesoterica.com/christmas_movie.html

Interesting link to lists of Christmas movies. I am watching The National Tree right now. OMG, this is SO good. I wanted to order the DVD after 20 minutes. I found it on amazon.co.uk. Will wait until I finish though. :-)
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:51 pm

Great commercial Jennifer!
But you better get him something more manly than leotards for Christmas. :P
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Mrs.Claus » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:48 pm

Spent the whole day working on Christmas All Year Blog, I've written a few posts which will be posted at a latter date. Now I really need to get working on the web page.

On the Christmas front - my husband quoted from the Santa Clause 3 and my youngest was whistling Winter Wonderland. The season can't be far off now. :D
~ Mrs. Claus ~

Mrs.Claus
The Mrs.

Postby Noel+ » Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:27 am

Tomtemor wrote:http://www.eclecticesoterica.com/christmas_movie.html

Interesting link to lists of Christmas movies. I am watching The National Tree right now. OMG, this is SO good. I wanted to order the DVD after 20 minutes. I found it on amazon.co.uk. Will wait until I finish though. :-)

What did you think of the QVC Christmas shows? :holly1:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:28 am

Mrs.Claus wrote:Spent the whole day working on Christmas All Year Blog, I've written a few posts which will be posted at a latter date. Now I really need to get working on the web page.

On the Christmas front - my husband quoted from the Santa Clause 3 and my youngest was whistling Winter Wonderland. The season can't be far off now. :D

I'll take time tomorrow to read your blogs posts Mrs. C! Love the idea of your DH quoting SC3! :lol:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:26 am

Noel+ wrote:
Tomtemor wrote:http://www.eclecticesoterica.com/christmas_movie.html

What did you think of the QVC Christmas shows? :holly1:

I only saw Santa´s Toy Shop. It seemed to be the only thing on during the day. I finally turned it off and watched The National Tree, which was absolutely wonderful. We just finished a swedish chrismtas breakfast of rice pudding, boiled eggs, and toast with cheese. Hubby is wearing his "mr Christmas" t shirt and I am wearing my short sleeve snowman t shirt my mother sent me. Hoping to find time for a Christmas movie in the midst of my regular Saturday chores. Having Christmas in August Chili dinner tonight! :dinner:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:30 am

Well the first week of kindergarten is behind us and It was a good week. I can honestly say I learned more this week than my dd did. :D

Last night I watched 'Thomas Kinkade's Christmas Cottage'. I know that this movie has been on TV several times but somehow I missed it. I loved it! It's one of the few Christmas movies I've watched lately that's all about Christmas. :rabstar:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:36 am

:angelpray: Prayers for the people of Haiti and the U.S. who are being affected by Isaac. Haiti hasn't even recovered from the last disaster. Operation Christmas Child had a facebook status pic with a little girl holding a Christmas Child box. Such a reminder of why Christmas is so important. :nav1:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:04 pm

http://www.dod.org/Products/A-Christmas ... D2162.aspx

I started watching this while I am cooking the Three Bean Christmas Chili. It is very interesting and Whitley Phipps is fantastic! You can watch all 3 parts online. If I had a job, I would order the DVD. The Christmas Chili is turning out fantastic as well though we decided to have the official Christmas in August dinner tomorrow. Hubby is not feeling well. The chili will be even better tomorrow after having sat all night. :dinner:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:30 pm

CandyKane wrote:Well the first week of kindergarten is behind us and It was a good week. I can honestly say I learned more this week than my dd did. :D

Last night I watched 'Thomas Kinkade's Christmas Cottage'. I know that this movie has been on TV several times but somehow I missed it. I loved it! It's one of the few Christmas movies I've watched lately that's all about Christmas. :rabstar:

So glad you had an opportunity to watch the movie, CK. It is so sad how his life ended but his artwork remains his legacy. Well.......plus his beautiful daughters. It is a good Christmas story based on his true life experiences when younger and I gave the dvd to a friend last year. :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:31 pm

Tomtemor wrote:http://www.dod.org/Products/A-Christmas-Journey-to-Freedom--Part-I__DOD2162.aspx

I started watching this while I am cooking the Three Bean Christmas Chili. It is very interesting and Whitley Phipps is fantastic! You can watch all 3 parts online. If I had a job, I would order the DVD. The Christmas Chili is turning out fantastic as well though we decided to have the official Christmas in August dinner tomorrow. Hubby is not feeling well. The chili will be even better tomorrow after having sat all night. :dinner:

Yes Phipps is talented and I enjoyed it too!

Hope your Christmas chili turned out as you wanted!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Mrs.Claus » Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:17 am

Holiday Grand Plan starts today, but I'm out all day so not sure if I'll get to my Christmas Notebook, perhaps Monday.

Today, we're heading to Toronto to take my oldest to the One Direction pop-up store (it's only open for 2 weeks and this is the beginning of the 2nd week). She's a huge 1D fan. I'm hoping to be able to pick up a birthday or Christmas present for her, without her knowing and without me giving it to her before hand. Perhaps I'll make hubby hide it then I couldn't be tempted to give it to her. I'm really hoping there is something good there. Opening day had the line up looped around the block.

CandyKane - glad the first week of Kindergarten went well.
~ Mrs. Claus ~

Mrs.Claus
The Mrs.

Postby Mrs.Claus » Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:32 am

If you're interested in sending Christmas Cards to each other, just let me know in this thread - viewtopic.php?f=4&t=898
~ Mrs. Claus ~

Mrs.Claus
The Mrs.

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:12 am

We sampled the Three Bean Christmas chili last night and it is indeed fantastic. It will go into our regular rotation, becoming Christmas Chili during December and August. My family has Tex mex on Christmas day (bleh) so I am thinking this could be the Dec 23 meal, "little christmas eve" in sweden when the tree goes up. We wound up watching The World is Not Enough for the "christmas" movie. It showed up on a websearch for Christmas movies that are not christmas. Hee hee. It is a GREAT movie and ends with fireworks in Istanbul. Great for James Bond or Pierce Brosnan fans. I enjoyed it, but not sure it is going in the "christmas" rotation, but I could not watch Die Hard one more time. Men! Good thing he´s cute!

We also sampled the fried ice cream (unfried). It was fantastic! Will try the frying part tonight.

Merry Boxing Day in August! :shop: :gbhouse: :peekleaves2:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:59 am

Mrs.Claus wrote:Holiday Grand Plan starts today, but I'm out all day so not sure if I'll get to my Christmas Notebook, perhaps Monday.

Today, we're heading to Toronto to take my oldest to the One Direction pop-up store (it's only open for 2 weeks and this is the beginning of the 2nd week). She's a huge 1D fan. I'm hoping to be able to pick up a birthday or Christmas present for her, without her knowing and without me giving it to her before hand. Perhaps I'll make hubby hide it then I couldn't be tempted to give it to her. I'm really hoping there is something good there. Opening day had the line up looped around the block.

CandyKane - glad the first week of Kindergarten went well.

Hope your shopping adventure produced many surprise Christmas gifts, Mrs. C! Let us know if your DH is the secret gift hider! :D

I won't get to the Grand Plan til later this week, but glad its available! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:01 am

Tomtemor wrote:We sampled the Three Bean Christmas chili last night and it is indeed fantastic. It will go into our regular rotation, becoming Christmas Chili during December and August. My family has Tex mex on Christmas day (bleh) so I am thinking this could be the Dec 23 meal, "little christmas eve" in sweden when the tree goes up. We wound up watching The World is Not Enough for the "christmas" movie. It showed up on a websearch for Christmas movies that are not christmas. Hee hee. It is a GREAT movie and ends with fireworks in Istanbul. Great for James Bond or Pierce Brosnan fans. I enjoyed it, but not sure it is going in the "christmas" rotation, but I could not watch Die Hard one more time. Men! Good thing he´s cute!

We also sampled the fried ice cream (unfried). It was fantastic! Will try the frying part tonight.

Merry Boxing Day in August! :shop: :gbhouse: :peekleaves2:

:dinner: Congrats! on your chili recipe turning out great and being added to your Christmas meal rotation!

Yes, its a good movie but definitely not Christmasy. Still, it was a movie adventure for you.

Hope you all have a wonderful Sunday! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:31 pm

Don't know what's going on with my iPad. But this is what the forum looked like tonight.
My Laptop still look the same as it always has.
Weird Christmas hijinx going on with Safari web browser.
Chrome web browser is just fine.

Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:34 pm

Jennifer, your Christmas meals sound so good.
I hope you have a great Christmas in August.
Now I'm hungry! :dinner:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Mrs.Claus » Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:17 am

Christmas Crazy - that is strange. When I start fiddling with the website, I'll look into the forum too. It might be that it's upgrade isn't compatible with the Safari browser.

Shopping at the One Direction store was great!!! Both my girls did purchase T-shirts and the oldest also bought herself a poster book. We found a lot of amazing merchandise, although I'm pretty sure we're going to give it all to her for her birthday (which is at the end of September), instead of waiting till Christmas. Hubby's concerned that she may not be as "in to" 1D then as she is now. And, yes, I gave the items for hubby to hide, so I don't know where they are. :lol:
~ Mrs. Claus ~

Mrs.Claus
The Mrs.

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter