2000 Posts By Christmas 2012

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: 2000 Posts By Christmas 2012

Postby Noel+ » Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:25 pm

Tomtemor wrote:Got a call from an old boss, my references are being checked on recruiting company position (with a school, but handled by a recruiter). That is nice, but I would MUCH prefer the job I interview for tomorrow. But, praying God´s best and not my will. Hope everyone is having a Christmas filled day!

To me that means God is working on your Christmas miracle - we just don't know which direction He is taking you. Excited for you and praying! :D

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:26 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:There is Christmas joy and glad tidings in your update today Jennifer. :D
And I agree. His plan in His time is always best.

Obedience is our responsibility. The details are His.

Dittos Christmas Crazy! That's why we have Christmas in the first place!

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:27 pm

CandyKane wrote:If you haven't already 'liked' Countdown to Christmas on facebook, you should. They have some awesome pics and ideas. :smilecc:

Thanks CK. Actually, I closed my Facebook page due to it being hacked. I'm waiting a few months, after Christmas, to reopen a new page. But for the rest of you how much fun would that be! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:27 pm

mistletoe misfit wrote:
CandyKane wrote:If you haven't already 'liked' Countdown to Christmas on facebook, you should. They have some awesome pics and ideas. :smilecc:

I have been checking Countdown to Christmas out to. Another great one on facebook is A Country Christmas. I have just joined Pinterest and WOW have they got some amazing Christmas food/craft/decorating ideas! :D

Thanks MM for another reference! Good to see you Christmasy face! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:05 pm

mistletoe misfit wrote:

I have been checking Countdown to Christmas out to. Another great one on facebook is A Country Christmas. I have just joined Pinterest and WOW have they got some amazing Christmas food/craft/decorating ideas! :D

I to follow Countdown to Christmas. Another good one is LollyChristmas on both Facebook and Pintrest. I will check out A Country Christmas tomorrow. Thanks MM!
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:44 am

Hej Christmas friends! my interview went well. Whether it results in an actual job or not remains to be seen. I also got a call on yet another job and I interview for that one tomorrrow. The only way I would want something other than the job I interviewed for today would be if it were permanent. Today's interview was totally in English, no mention of Swedish, however it is only temporary. Tomorrow´s interview will be both in english and swedish. Praying for that Christmas miracle.
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:26 pm

And we remain faithful to pray with you for your Christmas miracle Jennifer! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:26 pm

Wish all my Christmas All Year friends a safe, fun-filled and happy Labor Day Weekend! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby tinseltown » Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:15 pm

Will be praying Gods will for you Tomtenor in your job situation . Mum turned up as a surprise from the UK which was lovely and had a mini christmas when opening gifts she brought :D . Recycled my pot pouri by dusting it off and scenting it with clove ,manderin and cinnamon oil and then a spray of christmas air spray . Tied it in a bag and put in the store room . Every time i go in the store room it smells of Christmas :smilecc: Checking out a country christmas on facebook and will check Countdown to christmas . God bless all :smilecc:
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby Mrs.Claus » Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:27 pm

Not sure when I'll be able to get back on. There was a problem with my phone line - Bell put in a temporary line (looped over the street light even) - my phone is working but now my internet is not :x ugh So here I sit at the library, trying to think positive Christmassy thoughts. :elfgrin:
~ Mrs. Claus ~

Mrs.Claus
The Mrs.

Postby CandyKane » Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:01 pm

Sorry to hear that Mrs. C. Hope your internet is back up and running soon. Christmas All Year isn't the same without you. :holly1:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:07 pm

Well, Isaac made it here last night and didn't pack the punch that they predicted. We didn't get any storms :D but we didn't get much rain either. :| But we did get about 2 inches and we are grateful for every drop. This was the weekend for my yard sale. I set up yesterday and made $150. Today was drizzling rain all day so I didn't set up. Thought I'd put it back up tomorrow and see if I can sell some more. My hubby's aunt was yard selling with me and from her I bought a beautiful lighted nativity for my mantle and a Christmas tablecloth. :scene:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:57 am

tinseltown wrote:Will be praying Gods will for you Tomtenor in your job situation . Mum turned up as a surprise from the UK which was lovely and had a mini christmas when opening gifts she brought :D . Recycled my pot pouri by dusting it off and scenting it with clove ,manderin and cinnamon oil and then a spray of christmas air spray . Tied it in a bag and put in the store room . Every time i go in the store room it smells of Christmas :smilecc: Checking out a country christmas on facebook and will check Countdown to christmas . God bless all :smilecc:

What a beautiful Christmas surprise, tinseltown! How lovely for your Mom to surprise you and bring gifts! ENJOY! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:58 am

Mrs.Claus wrote:Not sure when I'll be able to get back on. There was a problem with my phone line - Bell put in a temporary line (looped over the street light even) - my phone is working but now my internet is not :x ugh So here I sit at the library, trying to think positive Christmassy thoughts. :elfgrin:

Sending you bright & cheery Christmas thoughts, Mrs. C! Hoping this is resolved soon as you will be missed at CAY! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:59 am

CandyKane wrote:Well, Isaac made it here last night and didn't pack the punch that they predicted. We didn't get any storms :D but we didn't get much rain either. :| But we did get about 2 inches and we are grateful for every drop. This was the weekend for my yard sale. I set up yesterday and made $150. Today was drizzling rain all day so I didn't set up. Thought I'd put it back up tomorrow and see if I can sell some more. My hubby's aunt was yard selling with me and from her I bought a beautiful lighted nativity for my mantle and a Christmas tablecloth. :scene:

So glad to know you & family are safe from Isaac, CK. It has done savage damage to so many of our citizens. And congrats on your yard sale! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:55 am

Yesterday´s interview was so-so. I was led to believe it would be in English and Swedish and it was only in Swedish. I do not think they were overly impressed. I was rushed out promptly at the end of 15 minutes. Oh well, still praying for that Christmas miracle with the Fullbright Comission next week.

Wishing all my American Christmas friends a Happy Labor Day weekend! It is raining here so I think our "balcony" picnic might turn into a "kitchen picnic".

We are one more month closer to Christmas! :peekleaves2: :scene:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:09 pm

Tomtemor wrote:Yesterday´s interview was so-so. I was led to believe it would be in English and Swedish and it was only in Swedish. I do not think they were overly impressed. I was rushed out promptly at the end of 15 minutes. Oh well, still praying for that Christmas miracle with the Fullbright Comission next week.

Wishing all my American Christmas friends a Happy Labor Day weekend! It is raining here so I think our "balcony" picnic might turn into a "kitchen picnic".

Sometimes, I believe, God closes the doors that would not be His best for his children. Perhaps that's why you feel uneasy about the interview yesterday. On other other hand, sometimes the ones we feel least certain about result in an offer. Praying God's highest & best job for you as a Christmas miracle, Jennifer! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:48 am

Tomtemor wrote:Yesterday´s interview was so-so. I was led to believe it would be in English and Swedish and it was only in Swedish. I do not think they were overly impressed. I was rushed out promptly at the end of 15 minutes. Oh well, still praying for that Christmas miracle with the Fullbright Comission next week.

Still praying for that Christmas miracle Jennifer. :elfgrin:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:52 am

Happy Labor Day my American Christmas friends! :smilecc:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:07 pm

Hope all my Christmas friends are having a Happy labor Day! Yesterdays hot dog dinner was eaten inside due to rain and high winds; but, it was beautiful today so we ate turkey burgers on the balcony. I think we are starting to feel the cold arctic wind. It feels good with the hot summer sun still upon us. I spent the day deep cleaning the kitchen. A neighbor gave us a bottle of Gotland brew (home brewed beer) and said it was like the meade we make. It was far more explosive when opened and spewed all over the kitchen. Hubby cleaned the ceiling and cabinets yesterday and I am deep cleaning section by section. Yuck. If you are ever offered Gotland Dricku, just smile and say "no thanks". :razzberry:

Still praying for a Christmas miracle for my job. They were off today as well. IF I get the job, I get both american and swedish holidays. How cool is that? :snowwow:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter