2000 Posts By Christmas 2012

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: 2000 Posts By Christmas 2012

Postby CandyKane » Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:58 pm

A Christmas Story 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHJNBZ2rrMM
Not sure why they would even attempt to make a sequel to such a Christmas classic. But I think Daniel Stern is great in Christmasy movies, so I'm definetly gonna watch it. :D

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Mrs.Claus » Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:35 pm

CandyKane wrote:A Christmas Story 2
Not sure why they would even attempt to make a sequel to such a Christmas classic. But I think Daniel Stern is great in Christmasy movies, so I'm definetly gonna watch it. :D

LOL - I just posted something about this in the Holiday Entertainment section.

Felt a lot like early Autumn here - warm days, cool nights - very nice. Can't help but start to feel Christmas is coming soon. :scene:
~ Mrs. Claus ~

Mrs.Claus
The Mrs.

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:18 pm

I just saw an advertisement on the Hallmark Channel. Starting November 9, they will have Countdown to Christmas with 13 new original Christmas movies.
http://www.hallmarkchannel.com/christmas
It's starting to feel like fall here also. Supposed to have a low 59 tonight.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:00 am

Wishing all my Christmas friends a good week. It is back to square 1 with job hunting. No interviews pending, nothing I am waiting on. I have to drop in to the local unemployment office this week to sign up for the "next step" as my unemployment runs out on Monday. I thank God for a beautiful husband who loves me and is willing to work 4 jobs to keep us afloat. Praying that all my unemployed or underemployed Christmas friends will find joy in the little things.
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:21 pm

CandyKane wrote:A Christmas Story 2

That makes 2 of us CK! And they don' :shock: t even have Peter Billingsly playing Ralphie. It will flop without the original castmembers.

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:22 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:I just saw an advertisement on the Hallmark Channel. Starting November 9, they will have Countdown to Christmas with 13 new original Christmas movies.

Thanks Christmas Crazy. That is such GREAT news! I'm ready for Christmas celebrati :D ons!

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:23 pm

Tomtemor wrote:Wishing all my Christmas friends a good week. It is back to square 1 with job hunting. No interviews pending, nothing I am waiting on. I have to drop in to the local unemployment office this week to sign up for the "next step" as my unemployment runs out on Monday. I thank God for a beautiful husband who loves me and is willing to work 4 jobs to keep us afloat. Praying that all my unemployed or underemployed Christmas friends will find joy in the little things.

Hi Jennifer. Glad you are persevering in your job hunt and unemployment benefits. And yes what a great DH you have to walk with you through this trial. It's almost Christmastime and believing for your miracle! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:54 pm

Casting Peter Billingsly as the Christmas Story dad would have been outstanding. However, any involvement he would have would only detract from the original and I never want that to happen. It's one of my all time faves and one I can watch it year round without tiring of it. :smilecc:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:56 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:I just saw an advertisement on the Hallmark Channel. Starting November 9, they will have Countdown to Christmas with 13 new original Christmas movies.

Thanks for posting this. Very hard to believe that it's only 2 months away. And very happy about some new Christmas movie offerings. :scene:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:44 pm

I ordered some custom Christmas return address labels for my cards today. I've been using the same ones for several years and it's time for a change. Wondering what's this years postage stamps will look like? :think:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:49 pm

And thanks to the magic that is google I will be wondering no more. :D Here's a link showing the 2012 stamps including the Christmas ones. Love, love, love them. The Santa is super cute and the Holy Family stamp is a refreshing change from the ones they have had for several years now. http://www.stampnewsnow.com/uspsnewissues.html

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:18 pm

CandyKane wrote:And thanks to the magic that is google I will be wondering no more. :D Here's a link showing the 2012 stamps including the Christmas ones. Love, love, love them. The Santa is super cute and the Holy Family stamp is a refreshing change from the ones they have had for several years now. http://www.stampnewsnow.com/uspsnewissues.html

Thanks for sharing that CK. I was totally surprised by the Holy Family Christmas stamp.
I will definitely be buying that one.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:35 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:
CandyKane wrote:And thanks to the magic that is google I will be wondering no more. :D Here's a link showing the 2012 stamps including the Christmas ones. Love, love, love them. The Santa is super cute and the Holy Family stamp is a refreshing change from the ones they have had for several years now. http://www.stampnewsnow.com/uspsnewissues.html

Thanks for sharing that CK. I was totally surprised by the Holy Family Christmas stamp.

very cool! I used to collect stamps before I left the US. I think my collection just got dumped in the move. If I ever get a job, maybe I can find a "stamp buddy" who would like to collect swedish stamps. I used to use an address label company called Colorful Images. I do not dare look them up on the internet, I will see things I want and we just don´t correspond. I used to send out cards for every occassion in the US and had labels for each holiday. I also used to get 2 packs of christmas stamps. One religious and the other "fun" christmas stamp. Oh, the Christmas memories............. :scene:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:27 am

CandyKane wrote:Casting Peter Billingsly as the Christmas Story dad would have been outstanding. However, any involvement he would have would only detract from the original and I never want that to happen. It's one of my all time faves and one I can watch it year round without tiring of it. :smilecc:

Oh, its definitely a classic. When I need a good laugh, I pull out the dvd any time of year! It's so relatable to people. And stil we watch it again every Christmas even if we viewed the week before! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:28 am

Tomtemor wrote:
Christmas Crazy wrote:

very cool! I used to collect stamps before I left the US. I think my collection just got dumped in the move. If I ever get a job, maybe I can find a "stamp buddy" who would like to collect swedish stamps. I used to use an address label company called Colorful Images. I do not dare look them up on the internet, I will see things I want and we just don´t correspond. I used to send out cards for every occassion in the US and had labels for each holiday. I also used to get 2 packs of christmas stamps. One religious and the other "fun" christmas stamp. Oh, the Christmas memories............. :scene:

Yes Christmas stamps definitely bring back great Christmas memories. I still have some last year's stamp of Mary & baby Jesus. Glad to know a new issue is ready!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:19 pm

I always cut the stamps off the mail I get. I don't collect them as much as I use them for craft making. Some of my prettiest handmade cards have been made using postage stamps. Of course actually getting a hand stamped letter is getting rarer these days. I think that's so sad.
Yesterday was picture day at my dd's school. I was talking to a friend and she said she wasn't even buying a single picture. She was only having her dd's pic made for the yearbook. She said all of her pictures were organized on facebook so she didn't need the pictures. I couldn't even imagine not having my baby's kindergarten picture. The world is changing.....and not always for the better.
Dreaming of happy Christmas's past and hoping for the future. :holly1:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:42 pm

CandyKane wrote:I always cut the stamps off the mail I get. I don't collect them as much as I use them for craft making. Some of my prettiest handmade cards have been made using postage stamps. Of course actually getting a hand stamped letter is getting rarer these days. I think that's so sad.
Yesterday was picture day at my dd's school. I was talking to a friend and she said she wasn't even buying a single picture. She was only having her dd's pic made for the yearbook. She said all of her pictures were organized on facebook so she didn't need the pictures. I couldn't even imagine not having my baby's kindergarten picture. The world is changing.....and not always for the better.
Dreaming of happy Christmas's past and hoping for the future. :holly1:

That will work fine until Facebook crashes or someone :gbhouse: pics up the pics and use them for "other" purposes. Having physical copies is a great idea. Some of my friends do not allow their kids pics on facebook at all due to security concerns. Hubby says that even all the schools he works at do not put their students pictures online. It is not always a happy world we live in. Now, for more christmassy thoughts. Hubby says he wants to have a party for 100 days till Christmas. He is cute...............
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby tinseltown » Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:05 pm

Hi everyone hope you are all well :smilecc: Cooling down here slightly so feel Autumn coming :snowwow: Really impressed with a country Christmas on facebook , great pics !! Will continue to pray for job situations etc . One of my friends posted the countdown to christmas on my FB page , was really impressed :shop: Loved the picture Christmas Crazy ,hope you find it sale price :reindeersmile: Will get stuck into some serious housework now as my countdown has already started to Christmas . Then when i finish work can concentrate on the fun stuff ie christmas dvds and cooking :dinner: God bless all :smilecc:
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby jlcarey » Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:00 pm

TODAY...I FINALLY had the desire to listen to Christmas music!! FINALLY!! I am usually feeling this way around the end of July, but this year I just HAVE NOT been feeling it! What the heck? Anyway, I am Christmas-y today! Yay!! :whistle:
jlcarey
Bulb Tester

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:07 pm

Don't you just love it when the Christmas Spirit hits you in the heart.
It just fills you up with Joy!
:snowwow:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter