2000 Posts By Christmas 2012

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: 2000 Posts By Christmas 2012

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:09 pm

tinseltown wrote:Hi everyone hope you are all well :smilecc: Cooling down here slightly so feel Autumn coming :snowwow: Really impressed with a country Christmas on facebook , great pics !! Will continue to pray for job situations etc . One of my friends posted the countdown to christmas on my FB page , was really impressed :shop: Loved the picture Christmas Crazy ,hope you find it sale price :reindeersmile: Will get stuck into some serious housework now as my countdown has already started to Christmas . Then when i finish work can concentrate on the fun stuff ie christmas dvds and cooking :dinner: God bless all :smilecc:

Good luck with your housework and Christmas planning tinseltown! :elfgrin:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:39 am

I just tried running the entire webpage through google translate for reading in Swedish and it looks GREAT! My adult education class starts next week and I am going into hard core bootcamp as one last ditch effort to improve my Swedish and get a job before I give up and agree to move back to the US. (yes, run on sentence) You all did not know that you spoke Swedish, did you? For some Christmas fun, use www.google.com/translate and you can see the page in any language you choose. Christmas is a universal language after all!
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:17 pm

Could it be possible??? Only 103 days left until Christmas! :smilecc: Once we hit that 100 day mark the time is really gonna fly.

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:21 pm

CandyKane wrote:Could it be possible??? Only 103 days left until Christmas! :smilecc: Once we hit that 100 day mark the time is really gonna fly.

My husband wants to have a party to mark the occassion. It´s a Friday Christmas for me tomorrow! :scene:
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:52 pm

It's a Friday Christmas for me too. Merry Friday Christmas Jennifer! :smilecc:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:11 pm

CandyKane wrote:Could it be possible??? Only 103 days left until Christmas! :smilecc: Once we hit that 100 day mark the time is really gonna fly.

It's amazingly close til Christmas - yay! :shop: :smilecc:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:12 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:It's a Friday Christmas for me too. Merry Friday Christmas Jennifer! :smilecc:

Everyday is a Christmas day for me! :smilecc:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:29 pm

Too cute not to share.

Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:43 am

Ahhhh! that's definitely Christmas cute! Thanks for sharing! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby mistletoe misfit » Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:42 pm

Hello Christmas friends! :D

I am looking for some ideas for a possible Christmas project. I have an old wicker 2 seater that I want to put on my front deck and decorate. I am going to put a new coat of white paint on it. It isn't really good for sitting on anymore it is pretty worn out, but it would be able to take a little weight on it. Anything I do put with it will be exposed to all the weather as it is not a covered deck. Any of my Christmas All Year friends have any suggestions? Other then mini lights and a little greenery, I 'm not sure how to proceed. I haven't found anything about decorating wicker furniture. I would be grateful for any suggestions! :smilecc:
Have a great day everyone! :scene:
mm
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby tinseltown » Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:31 pm

Hi everyone .As soon as i read Mistletoes post i could see a Santa sitting in the chair :smilecc: Hope everyones ok . Just read that in a few hours we go down to double digits in the countdown to Christmas :smilecc: Ive started my own countdown so its non stop cleaning and fixing things . Chimney cleaned check drains unblocked check balconies being scrubbed up check fridges defrosted check oven cleaned check curtains washed check ...the list goes on but its great working my way through it all even though im still working as we"re on our way to CHRISTMAS yeah :shop: :smilecc: :snowwow:
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby CandyKane » Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:00 pm

mistletoe misfit wrote:Hello Christmas friends! :D

I am looking for some ideas for a possible Christmas project. I have an old wicker 2 seater that I want to put on my front deck and decorate. I am going to put a new coat of white paint on it. It isn't really good for sitting on anymore it is pretty worn out, but it would be able to take a little weight on it. Anything I do put with it will be exposed to all the weather as it is not a covered deck. Any of my Christmas All Year friends have any suggestions? Other then mini lights and a little greenery, I 'm not sure how to proceed. I haven't found anything about decorating wicker furniture. I would be grateful for any suggestions! :smilecc:
mm

For starters, go to pinterest.com and search Porch Christmas. I saw a white wood bench that would be similar to what you are doing. I think a Santa Claus would be super cute although I don't know how it would stand up to the elements. One project that would be great is to fill your bench with wrapped gifts. You can make your own using styrofoam or heavy cardboard boxes, colored plastic wrap, and weatherproof bows. You could even use the different colored and patterned rolls of duct tape for ribbon. Another simple project that would look great on a white bench would be poinsettias. Plastic of course. You could keep them in their pots and add greenery or put them all in one container such as a long window box. You could also just paint a wooden sign that says "Santa sit a spell". Good luck with your project. It sounds like a fun one. :smilecc:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby mistletoe misfit » Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:27 pm

CandyKane wrote:
mistletoe misfit wrote:Hello Christmas friends! :D

mm

For starters, go to pinterest.com and search Porch Christmas. I saw a white wood bench that would be similar to what you are doing. I think a Santa Claus would be super cute although I don't know how it would stand up to the elements. One project that would be great is to fill your bench with wrapped gifts. You can make your own using styrofoam or heavy cardboard boxes, colored plastic wrap, and weatherproof bows. You could even use the different colored and patterned rolls of duct tape for ribbon. Another simple project that would look great on a white bench would be poinsettias. Plastic of course. You could keep them in their pots and add greenery or put them all in one container such as a long window box. You could also just paint a wooden sign that says "Santa sit a spell". Good luck with your project. It sounds like a fun one. :smilecc:

Thanks so much tinseltown and CandyKane for your wonderful ideas! :smilecc: I had checked pinterest but I didn't see anything. But I didn't look under porch Christmas, just Christmas. I will go have another look now. Thanks for your help! :D
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:03 pm

mistletoe misfit, your Christmas seat sounds like fun. Tinseltown and Candy Kane's ideas are great.
Good luck! :santa:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:04 pm

Woo hoo, my Bronner's Christmas catalog came today! :smilecc:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:27 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:mistletoe misfit, your Christmas seat sounds like fun. Tinseltown and Candy Kane's ideas are great.
Good luck! :santa:

Yes, I agree - what creative projects. Enjoy and have Christmas fun! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:28 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:Woo hoo, my Bronner's Christmas catalog came today! :smilecc:

My Christmas catalog from Bronner's arrived today too! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Mrs.Claus » Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:36 am

Can't believe the incredible busy week I had. It was my first week back volunteering at school and I survived!!! I came home exhausted every day. I'm hoping to be back in the swing of things by Christmas.

My Bronner's catalogue hasn't come yet :cry: I can't wait to see all the ornaments.
~ Mrs. Claus ~

Mrs.Claus
The Mrs.

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:34 pm

My wife and I went to a festival yesterday morning. All we bought was some fudge.
There was a few Christmas crafts :rudolph1: there, but not a lot. Some were cute, but nothing we wanted to buy.

I hope everyone is having a great day! :D
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:46 pm

Mrs.Claus wrote:Can't believe the incredible busy week I had. It was my first week back volunteering at school and I survived!!! I came home exhausted every day. I'm hoping to be back in the swing of things by Christmas.

My Bronner's catalogue hasn't come yet :cry: I can't wait to see all the ornaments.

Mrs. C, that is a great gift that you are giving to the children and staff of your school. :snowwow:
My wife teaches kindergarten and I know how much she treasures the help of volunteers.
I'm sure Santa will have extra goodies in your Christmas stocking this year!
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter