2000 Posts By Christmas 2012

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: 2000 Posts By Christmas 2012

Postby CandyKane » Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:42 pm

Our Christmas countdown will be in the double digits tomorrow. I am very excited! :smilecc:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:43 pm

I just started reading 'The Christmas Basket' by Debbie Macomber. I'm really enjoying it. :scene:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:24 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:My wife and I went to a festival yesterday morning. All we bought was some fudge.
There was a few Christmas crafts :rudolph1: there, but not a lot. Some were cute, but nothing we wanted to buy.

I hope everyone is having a great day! :D

Oh my father makes the best Christmas fudge! Sweden has alot of confections but I have not found fudge with the exact righ taste.........maybe I will try making my own this year since I seem to have nothing but time.......

Swedish boot camp starts tomorrow. Mostly I need prayers for my marriage, this almost destroyed us during the summer. Hubby gets frustrated, I get frustrated, he snaps, I snap, you know the routine.......pray for patience and that my subconscious would finally kick in...........I can read, write, and even speak it pretty well, but understanding what others are saying to me.....it is still all gibberish......I just have no "ear" for either music or languages. :cry:
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:12 am

CandyKane wrote:Our Christmas countdown will be in the double digits tomorrow. I am very excited! :smilecc:

It's tomorrow and our double-digit Christmas posts are reality! YAY! :smilecc:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:13 am

Tomtemor wrote:
Christmas Crazy wrote:My wife and I went to a festival yesterday morning. All we bought was some fudge.
There was a few Christmas crafts :rudolph1: there, but not a lot. Some were cute, but nothing we wanted to buy.

I hope everyone is having a great day! :D

Oh my father makes the best Christmas fudge! Sweden has alot of confections but I have not found fudge with the exact righ taste.........maybe I will try making my own this year since I seem to have nothing but time.......

Swedish boot camp starts tomorrow. Mostly I need prayers for my marriage, this almost destroyed us during the summer. Hubby gets frustrated, I get frustrated, he snaps, I snap, you know the routine.......pray for patience and that my subconscious would finally kick in...........I can read, write, and even speak it pretty well, but understanding what others are saying to me.....it is still all gibberish......I just have no "ear" for either music or languages. :cry:

My father also made the best fudge I've ever eaten. I miss him so much at Christmas. He would beat the fudge and then place it on the windowsill and let the cold snowy weather cool & harden it. YUM! :dinner:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:46 pm

Another gorgeous Fall day here in the Ozarks. With temps falling into the 40's at night it makes for some awesome sleeping weather. :sleephat: Dd is getting really excited. Every night she tells me it's almost Christmas. :D This is gonna be a really great holiday because she's big enough to tell us exactly what she wants. Yesterday she said she really wanted to see Santa. I told her before long I could take her to see him, then she said why don't we just call him up and tell him to come here. I told her I don't think it works that way (But sure wish it did). :smilecc:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:34 pm

CK, that's so sweet. I miss my kids being young. (They're 16, 18 & 19 now)
Oh, BTW, when you do see him, tell him to stop by here also. :elfgrin:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:37 am

CandyKane wrote:Another gorgeous Fall day here in the Ozarks. With temps falling into the 40's at night it makes for some awesome sleeping weather. :sleephat: Dd is getting really excited. Every night she tells me it's almost Christmas. :D This is gonna be a really great holiday because she's big enough to tell us exactly what she wants. Yesterday she said she really wanted to see Santa. I told her before long I could take her to see him, then she said why don't we just call him up and tell him to come here. I told her I don't think it works that way (But sure wish it did). :smilecc:

Ahhh.......that age is so special at Christmas! Brings back sweet memories. And oh how I miss the crisp Autumn air and falling leaves. Enjoy CK! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:37 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:CK, that's so sweet. I miss my kids being young. (They're 16, 18 & 19 now)

Just one more reason Christmas memories are to be treasured for a lifetime isn't it Christmas Crazy! Here's to sweet Christmas memories! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:29 pm

Noel+ wrote:
Christmas Crazy wrote:CK, that's so sweet. I miss my kids being young. (They're 16, 18 & 19 now)

Just one more reason Christmas memories are to be treasured for a lifetime isn't it Christmas Crazy! Here's to sweet Christmas memories! :smilecc:

So true Noel.
I love looking at our Christmas pictures from years past. Brings back lots of wonderful memories. :elf:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:31 pm

Has anyone been to Walmart or Target lately?
I'll bet they have Christmas stuff on the shelves by now. :snowwow:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:11 pm

No Christmas stuff in our Wal-Mart yet but it should be any day now. I noticed our grocery store had put out a few things next to the Halloween items. :D

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:55 am

God Fredag Jul!

Merry Friday Christmas!
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby mistletoe misfit » Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:18 am

Merry Friday Christmas to you as well! :smilecc:
I hope everyone is having a great week!
No Christmas items at Walmart here yet. They have Halloween stuff out and the aisles where Christmas stuff will go still has some summer clearance things. I am hoping soon! I always get a huge thrill the first time I go in and find a few Christmas items on the shelves. It's usually a few boxes of lights and some trees that appear first. :scene:
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby CandyKane » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:52 am

Christmas items have been creeping into our dollar and grocery store for a few weeks. Usually the first things we see are small decorations and candles, followed by wrapping supplies and tree ornaments. Lights and trees are the last things they put out. Expect at the bigger stores. Then everything gets put out at the same time. :scene:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:27 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:Has anyone been to Walmart or Target lately?
I'll bet they have Christmas stuff on the shelves by now. :snowwow:

Yes and no. Yes Ive been to the stores, but no they don't have Christmas items out yet. They wait til after Halloween in the southwest.

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:28 am

CandyKane wrote:Christmas items have been creeping into our dollar and grocery store for a few weeks. Usually the first things we see are small decorations and candles, followed by wrapping supplies and tree ornaments. Lights and trees are the last things they put out. Expect at the bigger stores. Then everything gets put out at the same time. :scene:

Yes our Dollar Stores have some Christmas items. They basics like plain garland, ribbon, etc. Still, it won't be long! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:34 am

Christmas has made it to Kohl's!

My wife and I stopped by Kohl's after dinner last night.
I was surprised at the amount of items out this early. And excited! :shop:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:51 pm

We put out our Fall/Halloween decorations today. :pumpkin:
The house looks great. I love this time of year!
I also started looking through the Christmas decorations in the attic.
I can't imagine where we will put all our new stuff.
Maybe some old things will have to be donated. :elfgrin:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:00 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:Christmas has made it to Kohl's!

My wife and I stopped by Kohl's after dinner last night.
I was surprised at the amount of items out this early. And excited! :shop:

Wow - not my Kohl's. :| Thanks for the great shot of their Christmas items! Hopefully they'll catch up here soon! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter