2000 Posts By Christmas 2012

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: 2000 Posts By Christmas 2012

Postby Noel+ » Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:01 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:We put out our Fall/Halloween decorations today. :pumpkin:
The house looks great. I love this time of year!
I also started looking through the Christmas decorations in the attic.
I can't imagine where we will put all our new stuff.
Maybe some old things will have to be donated. :elfgrin:

Ah usually I start Autumn decorations on 10/1, but this year we have a full schedule. I may have to skip it in fave of Christmas decorations the day after Thanksgiving.

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:02 am

Christmas all day on QVC. I ordered 2 clearance items that were on my wish list from Valerie Parr Hill. We need a new artificial tree and their special looks great we just don't have the cash right now. So we Christmas dream on........... :D

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Mrs.Claus » Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:31 pm

So much to do before Christmas, so little time. And people still think I'm a bit crazy for starting to talk and plan about it in August (most don't know that I think about it all year :wink: ). It's not helping that I'm having some computer issues, hopefully soon to be resolved. So behind in my cleaning and oldest is having a sleepover next weekend. Ahhhh
~ Mrs. Claus ~

Mrs.Claus
The Mrs.

Postby tinseltown » Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:11 pm

Hi everyone hope you all ok . Cant believe it will be october next week , the countdown is getting nearer for christmas :smilecc: After a massive blitz on the house will start my gift tags this week and put out my clove oranges in a gold bowl which i scented with clove ,manderin and kanella oil ,heavenly :D Be blessed everyone x
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby Mrs.Claus » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:09 pm

tinseltown - that sounds wonderful. I'd love to put out some Christmassy smells for my Santa Claus parade "party". How do you make it?
~ Mrs. Claus ~

Mrs.Claus
The Mrs.

Postby Noel+ » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:10 pm

Mrs.Claus wrote:So much to do before Christmas, so little time. And people still think I'm a bit crazy for starting to talk and plan about it in August (most don't know that I think about it all year :wink: ). It's not helping that I'm having some computer issues, hopefully soon to be resolved. So behind in my cleaning and oldest is having a sleepover next weekend. Ahhhh

Hang in there with the computer issues, Mrs. C. I'm way way behind on my Christmas organizational list too! :wink:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:11 pm

tinseltown wrote:Hi everyone hope you all ok . Cant believe it will be october next week , the countdown is getting nearer for christmas :smilecc: After a massive blitz on the house will start my gift tags this week and put out my clove oranges in a gold bowl which i scented with clove ,manderin and kanella oil ,heavenly :D Be blessed everyone x

Oh, scent is a top priority for me all year, especially at Holidays. BUT Christmas time it is essential and I just learned Slatkin is no defunct. I loved the layered scents and even have some oil ports left but they no longer make the containers. I'm going to follow your example tinseltown and do it the old fashioned way! I love clove scented oranges! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:51 pm

What?!? Slatkin is no more? I had not heard that. Don't they make the scentportables for Bath and Body Works? I love that stuff! I haven't bought any in a while but I love their scents. Wonder how this will affect B&BW's Christmas selection. :think:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:37 pm

I stopped by the library and checked out 'The Christmas Box' by Richard Paul Evans. I can't wait to get started reading it. :scene:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:20 am

This is one of those days when I literally have so much to do I don't know where to start. So I'll start by checking in at my favorite Christmas website. Hope all my CAY friends have a great day! :smilecc:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:45 am

CK, I hope you have a great day also.
If your work is around the house, then do what I do and crank up the Christmas tunes and "git er done"!

:santa: Christmas Blessings to all my friends here at CAY! :santa:

Only 90 days till Christmas!!!
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby tinseltown » Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:35 pm

Hey everyone . Just did my oranges with cloves stuck in and ribbons around them . Then had some pot pourri oil cloves , manderin and canella scented and gave the oranges a good dab with the oil . Have them next to my door so you smell them when you walk in , so christmasy :gbhouse: Watched Diehard 1 last night which is sort of christmasy and will watch Diehard 2 tonight . Usually fall to sleep though as im still working until the end of october and its long hours . Praying for you all good health and provision and the right job . Blessings :D
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby mistletoe misfit » Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:38 pm

Tinseltown it must smell so lovely in your house! Every Christmas I plan on doing the cloves/oranges but never get around to it. This year is hopefully the year! :lol:
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby mistletoe misfit » Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:43 pm

Lost a great Christmas voice today! No one will ever sing "It's The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year" like him! R.I.P. Andy Williams! :cry:
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:53 pm

mistletoe misfit wrote:Lost a great Christmas voice today! No one will ever sing "It's The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year" like him! R.I.P. Andy Williams! :cry:

His rendition of that Christmas song is truly the best. May the Lord bless his family and friends.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby mistletoe misfit » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:19 am

A beautiful, cool, fall day here in our part of Ontario. :leafjump:
I have moved the old wicker couch into the sun to dry all dew off, and plan to give it the first coat of white paint in a couple of hours. I am also going to spray varathane on the old "Lightning Guider"sleigh I bought. I don't want to change it at all, just protect the old wood from rotting in the winter. I am not very crafty at all, but I am hoping I can decorate both to look nice on our front deck for Christmas. :scene:
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby CandyKane » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:58 am

WooHoo!!! :santadance: Got my Swiss Colony Christmas catalog in the mail yesterday!

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:01 am

You can get a free personalized Christmas card from Leanin Tree. The offer is on their website. You have to use the promo code card4u12. I just made mine. :smilecc: This more than makes up for them not including free cards in their catalogs anymore. :thumbs:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:31 am

mistletoe misfit wrote:Lost a great Christmas voice today! No one will ever sing "It's The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year" like him! R.I.P. Andy Williams! :cry:

It is so very sad we lost Andy. I always start Christmas music with that song, then some Bing, and then a classic mix. It brought a tear to my eye knowing we won't have Andy in person this Christmas. :cry:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:31 am

CandyKane wrote:You can get a free personalized Christmas card from Leanin Tree. The offer is on their website. You have to use the promo code card4u12. I just made mine. :smilecc: This more than makes up for them not including free cards in their catalogs anymore. :thumbs:

Just love their cards and miss the free Christmas one in the catalog. Thanks for letting us know how to get this year's sample before we place an order CK. :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter