2000 Posts By Christmas 2012

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: 2000 Posts By Christmas 2012

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:00 pm

jlcarey wrote:Me too CandyKane!! I'm in Cincinnati, Ohio and it's supposed to get down to 33 Sunday morning, and only up to 52 or so! I'm so excited for it! And I can't wait to go home and put out some fall decorations and light up my cinnamon and pumpkin candles! (I'm LATE ON THIS!!) Also, going to pick up a Marshmallow Pumpkin bar for my Scentsy warmer today! Yummy!! Can't wait! I am SO in the Christmas mood right now! Just came back from Gatlinburg on Monday and went to the Christmas Place for the first time while I was there!! Holy cow, I could LIVE in that store!!! It is like WONDERLAND! It got me so so excited for Christmas! I'm listening to my Pandora Christmas station today and LOVING it! Everyone around me is a GRINCH! I say Christmas, and they GROAN! What?!?! How can so many people be so grouchy about Christmas?! I don't care if I can't buy one gift, I will still enjoy the holiday with my family and friends! The sights, and foods, and smells, the traditions and events...I can't wait!! Happy Friday everyone! Enjoy your weekend!

BTW...Alan Jackson's "Let It Be Christmas" is such a good song and really gets me in the mood...along with "The Carol Of The Bells"....LOVE THEM!

Oh who am I kidding?....they all do!!! lol :sing:

I love 'em all too jlcarey! And I love your Christmasy heart.
Christmas songs make me smile all year round. :D
I don't understand why some people just don't get it.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby jlcarey » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:10 pm

Thanks CC! I don't get it either! Even my sister DREADS the holiday season! What is up with that?! I think she just worries about having money to buy presents. .but that is not what its about! She never understands that! Lol
jlcarey
Bulb Tester

Postby Noel+ » Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:20 am

jlcarey wrote:Thanks CC! I don't get it either! Even my sister DREADS the holiday season! What is up with that?! I think she just worries about having money to buy presents. .but that is not what its about! She never understands that! Lol

I think we all have family/friends who do not share the joyfulness of Christmas. Most I know where hurt or disapointed as a child at Christmastime........instead of letting it go to build new memories, they hold on to their painful ones. It's a challenge to keep hope alive as we pray for their healing.

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:56 am

jlcarey wrote: How can so many people be so grouchy about Christmas?! I don't care if I can't buy one gift, I will still enjoy the holiday with my family and friends! The sights, and foods, and smells, the traditions and events...I can't wait!! Happy Friday everyone! Enjoy your weekend!

BTW...Alan Jackson's "Let It Be Christmas" is such a good song and really gets me in the mood...along with "The Carol Of The Bells"....LOVE THEM!

Oh who am I kidding?....they all do!!! lol :sing:

I feel the same way. I do not need presents for Christmas. The music, movies, decorations, etc are enough for me. We bought the cats one of those huge cat trees and now I fear we do not have room for even our small Swedish tree, but that is okay. By american standards, it was woefully depressing. We bought a few decorations the last few christmases and that makes me happy enough. The Swedish smörgåsbord is actually rather economical. We can buy a tiny smoked ham for two people if we have to. The only things I need for thanksgiving are fresh sweet potatoes and brussel sprouts. Holidays are not about how much you spend but about who you spend them with. :peekleaves2: :thanks: :leafjump: :cheer:
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby jlcarey » Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:03 am

Very well said Jennifer!! Thanks!
jlcarey
Bulb Tester

Postby Noel+ » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:29 am

Yes, beautifully stated Jennifer. Last Christmas we had to cut back atleast 55% and this year it will be even more. Just hoping my artificial tree stands - lol! - and the lights work! I would miss the lights..........but Christmas comes without anything else but Jesus! :D

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:29 am

1586 posts -- just a couple months left to make 2000 by Christmas!

Post away friends!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:47 am

jlcarey wrote:Thanks CC! I don't get it either! Even my sister DREADS the holiday season! What is up with that?! I think she just worries about having money to buy presents. .but that is not what its about! She never understands that! Lol

I would be quite happy if Christmas was not about presents at all. In Sweden, we do not buy so many, but in the US it was tough. I became the family rebel when the family kept expanding and people refused to draw names. I started baking my gifts by household. There weren´t any kids then, or I would have bought for them. But after a certain point, no one needs any more "junk" and the things you truly want no one can afford to buy you anyway. I think alot of people are stressed about about buying things they cannot afford and having to be in 10 places at once. That is not what Christmas is about. :scene:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:03 pm

We went to Kirkland's today. Lots of neat Christmas decorations.

Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby jlcarey » Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:32 pm

Hmm...don't have one of those around here...but it looks cool! I'm thinking about taking a trip to Garden Ridge tomorrow...we want to do a big light display this year, and we need more lights, but everywhere I've looked online, the cheapest incandescent mini lights I can find are like $5 for a 50-light strand! So I'm going to check out Garden Ridge and see if they have some any cheaper! I can't afford $5 light strands! And bonus, they have TONS of Christmas stuff out by this time of year! Yay! Excited! :lights:
jlcarey
Bulb Tester

Postby kiwidogy_max » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:34 pm

I love summer and the fall in Vermont, but it brought on a smile when I saw the pictures of the first snow in our mountains today. Christmassy feelings are growing again. :santa:
Love and Joy Come to You!
Santa's coming Santa's coming! I know him!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:14 pm

Happy Thanksgiving to my friends up north!
:thanks:
Christmas will soon be here.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:14 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:We went to Kirkland's today. Lots of neat Christmas decorations.

I so the Christmas photos you post for us Christmas Crazy! Thanks.........they always make me smile! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:15 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:I love summer and the fall in Vermont, but it brought on a smile when I saw the pictures of the first snow in our mountains today. Christmassy feelings are growing again. :santa:

Autumn in the northeast is extravagantly beautiful! Oh, how much I miss being there in person. Instead I use autumn wallpapers on my phone/computer/tablet! :peekleaves2: It also means Christmas is on its way!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:16 am

jlcarey wrote:Hmm...don't have one of those around here...but it looks cool! I'm thinking about taking a trip to Garden Ridge tomorrow...we want to do a big light display this year, and we need more lights, but everywhere I've looked online, the cheapest incandescent mini lights I can find are like $5 for a 50-light strand! So I'm going to check out Garden Ridge and see if they have some any cheaper! I can't afford $5 light strands! And bonus, they have TONS of Christmas stuff out by this time of year! Yay! Excited! :lights:

Enjoy and have Christmasy fun jcarey! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:10 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:Happy Thanksgiving to my friends up north!
:thanks:
Christmas will soon be here.

I was a bit confused when someone said they were cooking a turkey this past weekend. Our Thanksgiving is the Second Sunday of October, but because October 1 was on a Monday, the Second Monday fell BEFORE the 2nd Sunday. We missed Columbus Day! Hope all our Canadian Christmas friends had a great Thanksgiving, I will be thawing the turkey starting Thursday. My first whole turkey in Sweden! Gobble Gobble! :peekleaves2: (we need a turkey emoticon)
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby tinseltown » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:26 pm

Mrs.Claus wrote:On the blog I posted a youtube clip of Andy Williams, It's Most Wonderful Time of the Year. here's the link : http://christmasallyear.org/blog/?p=483 It's just not Christmas without singing that song.

Love this song :singing:
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby tinseltown » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:35 pm

Hi Everyone its cooler here and once we get to October i can feel Christmas coming :smilecc: Love all the pictures of christmas decs , theres only one christmas shop here so even if im low on money i still love to go and check it out ! 19 days until i finish work . Uncertain times here but focusing on christmas keeps me going . Be blessed my CAY friends :smilecc:
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:15 pm

I just saw a Target Christmas commercial NBC.
CHRISTMAS IS COMING!!!
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:14 pm

Saturday we got rain, sleet, and there were even some snow flurries mixed in. It has really put me in the Christmas Spirit. :smilecc:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter