2000 Posts By Christmas 2012

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: 2000 Posts By Christmas 2012

Postby mistletoe misfit » Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:25 pm

CandyKane wrote:Saturday we got rain, sleet, and there were even some snow flurries mixed in. It has really put me in the Christmas Spirit. :smilecc:

WOW! Flurries how lovely! :flake: It got below freezing here 3 nights in a row, but no snow.
Thanksgiving was wonderful here. We went for a family walk(dogs included)down our country road and along some ATV trails. The colours of the trees here are just so perfect right now. I love turkey dinner! I think it is "the meal that keeps on giving" lol It was turkey again last night, and turkey sandwiches today. I will take a break tonight and tomorrow it will be turkey pot pies. I still have more that I will freeze for another dinner next week. Hopefully it will go on sale again before Christmas!
I guess like so many we are on a tight budget. One of the families I babysit for I am no longer taking care of their 3 children, unfortunately their Mom lost her job in September. The other family with 2 children I only watch before and after school about 5 times per month. The money I earn is what pays for the extras like birthday gifts and parties, x-mas and also clothes. We will be ok, luckily my husband still has his job. We will eat and have a roof over our head and have our health and I have a wonderful, kind DH and loving children. That is what's important! :scene:
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby mistletoe misfit » Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:34 pm

I wanted to share one of our pictures from our walk on Thanksgiving. The kiddies and dogs are in the distance. Anyone else listening to Christmas songs this afternoon? Sleigh ride is playing right now here in my living room. :lol: Image
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby mistletoe misfit » Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:46 pm

I liked this one too! Have a great afternoon my Christmas friends! :D
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby Christmas Crazy » Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:39 am

I sure am glad this forum is back up. Was anyone else effected? I couldn't log in since last night. I can't imagine a Christmas season without you guys!
Last edited by Christmas Crazy on Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:02 pm

Mistletoe Misfit~I love you pictures. The first one is my favorite. So pretty and peaceful. Glad that you and your family enjoyed your Thanksgiving. Homemade turkey pot pie sounds so delicious. :dinner:

It's so funny how even though every year is different and there are always changes, Christmas remains the same. It's the true Spirit, the love of family and friends, and the traditions that keep it that way. Money and gifts are nice, but there's so much more. :scene:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:04 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:I sure am glad this forum is back up. Was anyone else effected? I couldn't log in since last night. I can't image the Christmas season without you guys!

I didn't try to log in last night, but I got a log-in error earlier this morning. Glad the glitch is fixed and our favorite Christmas site is up and working. :smilecc:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:31 pm

mistletoe misfit wrote:I wanted to share one of our pictures from our walk on Thanksgiving. The kiddies and dogs are in the distance. Anyone else listening to Christmas songs this afternoon? Sleigh ride is playing right now here in my living room. :lol: Image

Oh, MM, I can always count on you to post Autumn pics for us! Simply stunning and a good reminder Christmas is not far away! :peekleaves2: THANKS!

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:32 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:I sure am glad this forum is back up. Was anyone else effected? I couldn't log in since last night. I can't image the Christmas season without you guys!

Yes, I tried a couple of times to log on with no avail. Either Mrs C quickly fixed it or the ipo did. What a relief! I need my CAY friends! :smilecc:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby mistletoe misfit » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:26 pm

Yes I tried this morning to get on to Christmas All Year and wasn't able. So happy and relieved it everything is working now! :smilecc:
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby mistletoe misfit » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:47 pm

I am glad my CAY friends enjoyed our Autumn pics. We were so lucky it was just a perfect day for a walk and taking pictures. :D Three weeks until the beginning of November and that's the start of Christmas decorating season for me! My poor, sweet DH! :laugh:
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby Christmas Crazy » Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:46 pm

MM, I'll bet both those locations look awesome when they are covered with snow. If you think about it and get the opportunity, maybe you can take another pic then. That would be so Christmasy!
:D
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:16 pm

We went to a Fall Festival this past weekend. Had a blast. Lots of Christmas stuff.
ImageImage
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:02 am

mistletoe misfit wrote:I am glad my CAY friends enjoyed our Autumn pics. We were so lucky it was just a perfect day for a walk and taking pictures. :D Three weeks until the beginning of November and that's the start of Christmas decorating season for me! My poor, sweet DH! :laugh:

Hej Christmas Friends! I have not tried to get on for a few days, so was unaware there were problems. When I don´t log on to the email reminders, my computer assumes I do not want to and stops sending them to me until I go in and manually log in again. This is an ongoing problem and not related to anything that might have happened to you.

I LOVE your Thanskgiving pics! Swedish thanksgiivng is this weekend and today is my baking day. The turkey is thawing in the fridge, our first whole turkey in Sweden and hubby´s first ever. He had this stricken look on his face when I told him he was going to have HELP me handle the turkey. He has a clean hand fetish, so I bought some disposable gloves. Now that I have a volunteer job in the soup kitchen, I am more mindful about food safety at home. I have not cooked a turkey in over 5 years so I am a bit nervous. It is small, only 8-9 lbs but it actually has meat as opposed to other turkeys we have seen in previous years that were VERY scrawny. Think rubber chicken. We will have the turkey, stove top stuffing, canned cranberry sauce, brussel sprouts (fresh or frozen I am not sure. I got fresh ones last week and they did not turn out real well. It is a little early...), and pumpkin pie. I will make sweet potatoe pancakes and turkey bacon for breakfast with pumpkin scones I made on Monday for a snack if we cannot wait until lunch/dinner when the turkey is ready.

Instead of having a Friday Christmas, I am having a Friday Thanksgiving with thanksgiving music and movies. Sweden does not really have a "thanksgiving culture". it is mostly a church day so there are no accompanying tv specials. Are there any Canadian thanksgiving movies? Some of our favorites are Planes, Trains and Automobiles, What's Cooking, and of course The Plymouth Voyagers.

Glad Tacksägelsedagen!

:thanks: :leafjump: :rake:
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby mistletoe misfit » Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:24 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:MM, I'll bet both those locations look awesome when they are covered with snow. If you think about it and get the opportunity, maybe you can take another pic then. That would be so Christmasy!
:D

I will definitely give it a try! It is about a 5-10 minute hike beside a farmers field before making it to the trail. Great idea Christmas Crazy! :smilecc: I have tons of snowy pictures of our property and down our road but not one along that trail! :flake:
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby mistletoe misfit » Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:26 am

I like the fall festival pictures Christmas Crazy! The wreaths are so pretty! :holly1:
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby Noel+ » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:08 am

mistletoe misfit wrote:I am glad my CAY friends enjoyed our Autumn pics. We were so lucky it was just a perfect day for a walk and taking pictures. :D Three weeks until the beginning of November and that's the start of Christmas decorating season for me! My poor, sweet DH! :laugh:

Yes, for me too -- Autumn signals Christmas is near! :peekleaves2:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:08 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:We went to a Fall Festival this past weekend. Had a blast. Lots of Christmas stuff.
ImageImage

Thanks CC! Christmas is a coming! :peekleaves2:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby mistletoe misfit » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:43 am

Tomtemor wrote:

Hej Christmas Friends! I have not tried to get on for a few days, so was unaware there were problems. When I don´t log on to the email reminders, my computer assumes I do not want to and stops sending them to me until I go in and manually log in again. This is an ongoing problem and not related to anything that might have happened to you.

I LOVE your Thanskgiving pics! Swedish thanksgiivng is this weekend and today is my baking day. The turkey is thawing in the fridge, our first whole turkey in Sweden and hubby´s first ever. He had this stricken look on his face when I told him he was going to have HELP me handle the turkey. He has a clean hand fetish, so I bought some disposable gloves. Now that I have a volunteer job in the soup kitchen, I am more mindful about food safety at home. I have not cooked a turkey in over 5 years so I am a bit nervous. It is small, only 8-9 lbs but it actually has meat as opposed to other turkeys we have seen in previous years that were VERY scrawny. Think rubber chicken. We will have the turkey, stove top stuffing, canned cranberry sauce, brussel sprouts (fresh or frozen I am not sure. I got fresh ones last week and they did not turn out real well. It is a little early...), and pumpkin pie. I will make sweet potatoe pancakes and turkey bacon for breakfast with pumpkin scones I made on Monday for a snack if we cannot wait until lunch/dinner when the turkey is ready.

Instead of having a Friday Christmas, I am having a Friday Thanksgiving with thanksgiving music and movies. Sweden does not really have a "thanksgiving culture". it is mostly a church day so there are no accompanying tv specials. Are there any Canadian thanksgiving movies? Some of our favorites are Planes, Trains and Automobiles, What's Cooking, and of course The Plymouth Voyagers.

Glad Tacksägelsedagen!

:thanks: :leafjump: :rake:

I was very happy to share our pics with my Christmas friends! :smilecc:
I don't think we have any Thanksgiving movies, none that I am aware of.
I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving, your dinner sounds delicious!
:thanks:
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby CandyKane » Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:25 pm

Funny you should mention 'Planes, Trains, and Automobiles' because it's playing right now on Comedy Central. I haven't seen it in a long time. Good movie.
It's been raining all morning, at times really hard. Perfect day for a good Christmas movie. :smilecc:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:36 am

Well, we're actually have temps under 100F tomorrow and in the southwest that is Autumn! Still, hard to focus on Christmas decorating with the A/c blowing full time! :lol:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter