2000 Posts By Christmas 2012

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: 2000 Posts By Christmas 2012

Postby Noel+ » Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:43 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:I just got a new (ABC, LTD, Lakeside) Christmas catalog today. It's huge! Biggest I've ever seen. Can't wait to look thru it. :elfgrin:

Oh, my Lakeside Christmas catalog as many dog-earred pages! :wink:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:44 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:I just have to brag on my wife tonight. She and I made two of these this past weekend. Well, she did most of the work. I just cut them out and sanded them. She's good at making Christmas and other decorations. ($10 and 2 hours, not bad :D )

Oh, CC, that is adorable! I just love/collect snowmen! I display them at Christmas but also all 'winter' long. :smilecc: She could sell those at craft fairs! So proud of you both! Thanks for sharing the photo with us!

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:42 pm

ChristmasCrazy~What a cute snowman! I just love handmade decorations. And the best part about this snowman is you can put it up for Christmas and keep it up all Winter long.:elfgrin:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:20 pm

If you are shopping for Operation Christmas Child or just in need of small gifts or stocking stuffers, Oriental Trading is offering free shipping on any order now through the 19th. :shop:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:53 pm

Thanks kiwidogy_max, Noel & CK! And you're right. We can leave him up all winter.
He's not just for Christmas. My wife will think that's a great idea! :shop:
Last edited by Christmas Crazy on Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:54 pm

CandyKane wrote:If you are shopping for Operation Christmas Child or just in need of small gifts or stocking stuffers, Oriental Trading is offering free shipping on any order now through the 19th. :shop:

Thanks for the heads up CK. Definitely need more stocking stuffers. I'll have to check with the wife about what she still needs for the Operation Christmas Child "shoe boxes".
:D
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:18 pm

CandyKane wrote:ChristmasCrazy~What a cute snowman! I just love handmade decorations. And the best part about this snowman is you can put it up for Christmas and keep it up all Winter long.:elfgrin:

hee hee. for us that could mean anytime between "soon" and easter. I read on facebook that Santa´s Swedish Christmas home has snow already. :snowwow:
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Mrs.Claus » Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:43 pm

CC - love the snowman - great work!!! :snowgirl:

Our vacation countdown is on - 1 more week till we leave - excitement is building! I can't believe how much work goes into packing. We need 2 separate luggage - one for the drive (with some warm clothes) and one for the ship (with summer clothes). Then there's all the documentation to remember, not just passports. And since Halloween will be one of the days we're on the ship, Disney is having a Halloween party (plus on every cruise they have a Pirates on the Caribbean party), so we have to bring costumes. It will be so much fun. (fingers crossed)

When we're down in the States we're hoping to get in some Christmas shopping too and a trip to Bronner's! :D
~ Mrs. Claus ~

Mrs.Claus
The Mrs.

Postby Mrs.Claus » Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:25 pm

OMG - just saw this :gbhouse: It's unbelievable!!! I'm still having a hard time believing it. It would be nice to visit there and see it all done up.

"The market town of Coleford has become the first in Britain to put up its Christmas lights some 68 days early . . . The lights in the Gloucestershire town take months to erect because each bulb and fitting has to be rigorously tested to meet safety regulations. . . . Volunteers will be working every weekend to make sure the town is ready for the big switch-on, which is set to take place on November 30 during the town's Christmas festival."

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/coleford-in-gl ... in-uk.html
~ Mrs. Claus ~

Mrs.Claus
The Mrs.

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:49 pm

Mrs.Claus wrote:CC - love the snowman - great work!!! :snowgirl:

Our vacation countdown is on - 1 more week till we leave - excitement is building! I can't believe how much work goes into packing. We need 2 separate luggage - one for the drive (with some warm clothes) and one for the ship (with summer clothes). Then there's all the documentation to remember, not just passports. And since Halloween will be one of the days we're on the ship, Disney is having a Halloween party (plus on every cruise they have a Pirates on the Caribbean party), so we have to bring costumes. It will be so much fun. (fingers crossed)

When we're down in the States we're hoping to get in some Christmas shopping too and a trip to Bronner's! :D

Oh that sounds like so much fun. I've never been on a Disney cruise, but my friends say that it is great for parents with small children. Have fun on vacation and I hope you get to do some Christmas shopping at Bronners. :D
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby kiwidogy_max » Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:31 am

Have a great time on your cruise! I have been on 2 so far, both around the Carribean. Each time we have brought back a Christmas ornament from the ship.
Love and Joy Come to You!
Santa's coming Santa's coming! I know him!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby kiwidogy_max » Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:32 am

Today he furnitire company comes back to fix the bookcase that they had delivered damaged. After today I can finally load it up with books... And I will have room for all of my Christmas books to be out all year long!!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby ksrjreed » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:55 am

Hello CAYer's it has been a while but with school, work, and family most of you know where this is going,,,,,,,,,today is a rare day off and while sitting around the house I thought to myself that it living room is looking a little bland, looks worse compared to the fact that the kitchen is all decked out in fall decor. So, what to do about it, I came up with the idea of getting my Christmas decor out and start decorating. So far it has made my day just getting the boxes out(speaking of that job, those boxes have gained weight or I am getting older). I know most people will say it is way to early to decorate, and maybe one day I will think that ( hope not but you never know). One thing that we have found with decorating early is that it really helps my youngest cope with the changes in the house. For those of you new to the site my youngest two children are on the autism spectrum and my youngest really doesn't cope with immediate change very well. We did our traditional September 15th, 100 days til Christmas bringing out of the tree and he actually loved it, has been telling everyone Merry Christmas ever since. Well, hope to be on here a little more because I miss reading about everyone else's lives and how they deal with their CAY affliction :smilecc:

Some men are Baptists, others Catholics; my father was an Oldsmobile man.
ksrjreed
Bow Maker

Location: Helping the Old Man Change a Tire,,,,,,,OH FUDGE!!!

Postby Christmas Crazy » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:21 am

ksrjreed wrote:Hello CAYer's it has been a while but with school, work, and family most of you know where this is going,,,,,,,,,today is a rare day off and while sitting around the house I thought to myself that it living room is looking a little bland, looks worse compared to the fact that the kitchen is all decked out in fall decor. So, what to do about it, I came up with the idea of getting my Christmas decor out and start decorating. So far it has made my day just getting the boxes out(speaking of that job, those boxes have gained weight or I am getting older). I know most people will say it is way to early to decorate, and maybe one day I will think that ( hope not but you never know). One thing that we have found with decorating early is that it really helps my youngest cope with the changes in the house. For those of you new to the site my youngest two children are on the autism spectrum and my youngest really doesn't cope with immediate change very well. We did our traditional September 15th, 100 days til Christmas bringing out of the tree and he actually loved it, has been telling everyone Merry Christmas ever since. Well, hope to be on here a little more because I miss reading about everyone else's lives and how they deal with their CAY affliction :smilecc:

If the town of Coleford can decorate for Christmas already, then by golly so can you! :D
I wish my wife would agree to this logic. :lol:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby tinseltown » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:23 pm

Noel+ wrote:
tinseltown wrote:Hi Cay friends got my first christmas card yippee :smilecc: From moonpig its styled on The fockers family christmas with all our names as the cast and pics of us , really cheered me up in a differcult week . Be blessed :smilecc:

WOW! That is awesome tinseltown! Christmas cards are the best! :smilecc:

Yes it lovely that the festive season as started :smilecc:
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby kiwidogy_max » Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:35 am

My brother is up from Connecticut today. I am excited to see him and pick names for Secret Santa this year. :santa:
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby kiwidogy_max » Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:36 am

We are doing Secret Santa at work, but it is called "Mystery Bearded Man" instead... Not sure how I feel about that, but it will be fun anyways.
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:25 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:We are doing Secret Santa at work, but it is called "Mystery Bearded Man" instead... Not sure how I feel about that, but it will be fun anyways.

Depending on your work environment, you could still call it Secret Santa and throw in a bunch of Merry Christmas' with it.
:D
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:30 am

:santa: Merry Friday Christmas! :santa:

I'm at home doing laundry and cleaning bathrooms today. Whoo hoo! :roll:
But at least I have the Christmas tunes cranked up! :D

Silver Bells, Silver Bells,
It's Christmas time in the city...
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:31 am

Mrs.Claus wrote:CC - love the snowman - great work!!! :snowgirl:

Enjoy your grand adventure, Mrs. C, and make wonderful family memories. What a great way to celebrate life just before Christmas! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter