2000 Posts By Christmas 2012

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: 2000 Posts By Christmas 2012

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:14 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:I agree Jennifer. Early birds can ruin it a little. I love the anticipation of the season. The town I work in put up all their Christmas decorations this week. Luckily, they won't turn them on until Thanksgiving night. (Same time as me)
:blinky1:

I like seeing people work on them early, just not turn the "on" until at least the day after American Thanksgiving (Nov. 30-St Andrews day or first Advent for the rest of the world). I celebrate Christmas all year, but there is something special about the "real" start of the season. :scene:
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:12 pm

Prayers for those in the US who are being affected by Hurricane Sandy. The flooding and damage could be terrible. Lots of people wish for a white Christmas, but I don't know any who wish for a white Halloween. Forecast calls for up to 5 feet of snow in some places thanks to this monster storm. :holly1:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:21 pm

CandyKane wrote:Prayers for those in the US who are being affected by Hurricane Sandy. The flooding and damage could be terrible. Lots of people wish for a white Christmas, but I don't know any who wish for a white Halloween. Forecast calls for up to 5 feet of snow in some places thanks to this monster storm. :holly1:

I agree with the prayers, but feel compelled to point out that we often have a white Halloween. :snowwow:

Hope everyone is safe so they can continue to look forward to Christmas!
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby mistletoe misfit » Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:24 pm

Looks like we will be getting part of Sandy here starting this evening. Wind gusts anywhere from 60-100 km per hour, torrential rain and possible flooding. Hope all my Christmas friends are safe and not in the path of this storm. Hoping also the weather people are wrong and that the storm is going to die down and not be as damaging as they have predicted. Prayers for all who are affected by this terrible storm!
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby tinseltown » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:58 pm

Prayers going up xxx Lets hope it will pass and do no damage and everyone stays safe . Be blessed my christmas Friends x
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:51 pm

Early Christmas wishes and prayers for all on the east coast.
Hunker down or get out. But definitely be SAFE. God be with you all.
Last edited by Christmas Crazy on Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:02 pm

mistletoe misfit wrote:Looks like we will be getting part of Sandy here starting this evening. Wind gusts anywhere from 60-100 km per hour, torrential rain and possible flooding. Hope all my Christmas friends are safe and not in the path of this storm. Hoping also the weather people are wrong and that the storm is going to die down and not be as damaging as they have predicted. Prayers for all who are affected by this terrible storm!

Mistletoe Misfit~Thanks for the reminder that this storm doesn't end at the US border. Praying for you and your family and ALL those affected by this storm. I have been glued to the weather channel almost all day. Thank goodness dd came home and took my TV away and changed it to SpongeBob. :P I don't know what it is about storms. Even though they are so scary they still fascinate me.

On a Christmas note....Hubby had to replace his cell phone awhile back and the new one came with a mail-in $50 Visa card rebate. I totally forgot about it until I got it in the mail today. Can everyone say Christmas Shopping!! :shop: :shop: :shop:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby kiwidogy_max » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:44 pm

No school tomorrow because of the Hurricaine. Prayers to everyone in its path. Maybe some online Christmas shopping tomorrow??!
Love and Joy Come to You!
Santa's coming Santa's coming! I know him!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby mistletoe misfit » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:37 am

Hope all my Christmas friends made it safely through the storm. We lost power for about 5 hours. The winds were wicked! Our woodstove kept us warm and we spent the night in the basement. We were really concerned about trees coming down on our house since we are surrounded on 2 sides by tall pine tree forests. Luckily those beautiful trees remained standing! Prayers for everyone that were in the path of this awful storm.
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby ksrjreed » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:46 am

4 inches of snow in Southern Ohio thanks to Sandy,,,,,luckily we didn't get the winds like the local weather was predicting but we did receive more snow and it is still coming down. Have to admit it has me in full on Christmas mode today, I have christmas music playing, the kids have a rare snow day before Halloween so we are going to get some fall cleaning done today. Just may put out some more Christmas decor. I almost have the inside of my house decorated but won't do the outside of my house until next month(will take most of November to put all the outside lights on the house, will probably light it the week before Thanksgiving). Well gotta go, I have an eight year old autistic child running me off my computer so he can watch Netflix. :smilecc:

Some men are Baptists, others Catholics; my father was an Oldsmobile man.
ksrjreed
Bow Maker

Location: Helping the Old Man Change a Tire,,,,,,,OH FUDGE!!!

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:46 pm

Hooray for snow days :snowwow: and Christmas music! :sing:
I hope you had a great and productive day.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby jlcarey » Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:24 pm

4 inches of snow in Southern Ohio thanks to Sandy,,,,,luckily we didn't get the winds like the local weather was predicting but we did receive more snow and it is still coming down.
ksrjreed

I AM SO JEALOUS!!! I am in Southwest Ohio...and I only heard on Facebook of a few flurries around here this morning! Been all rain all day long...yuck!

On a side note, I'm SO glad tomorrow is Halloween so we can get PAST Halloween and I can GET OUT MY CHRISTMAS DECO'S!! Hubs has a strict "not before Halloween" policy on that... :(
jlcarey
Bulb Tester

Postby kiwidogy_max » Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:57 pm

Our early snow/hurricane day was beautiful... Sunny, a little windy, but almost 70 degrees. It didn't put me in a Christmasy mood, but I'll take it.
Love and Joy Come to You!
Santa's coming Santa's coming! I know him!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby mistletoe misfit » Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:56 am

Happy Halloween!! :pumpkin:
Can't believe Christmas is only 55 more sleeps! :scene:
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby Noel+ » Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:35 pm

CandyKane wrote:Prayers for those in the US who are being affected by Hurricane Sandy. The flooding and damage could be terrible. Lots of people wish for a white Christmas, but I don't know any who wish for a white Halloween. Forecast calls for up to 5 feet of snow in some places thanks to this monster storm. :holly1:

Yes, prayers for safety, food & shelter and a beginning of the healing process for each of you! :angelsnow:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:35 pm

mistletoe misfit wrote:Happy Halloween!! :pumpkin:

Here's to only 55 days until Christmas!!!! :D :smilecc:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:55 pm

:think:Does the Christmas season officially start tomorrow?
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby mistletoe misfit » Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:00 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:

:think:Does the Christmas season officially start tomorrow?

For me YES!YES!YES! :lol: :laugh:
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby CandyKane » Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:03 pm

:pumpkin: :pumpkin: :pumpkin: Wishing all my Christmas friends a very safe and Happy Halloween! :pumpkin: :pumpkin: :pumpkin:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby jlcarey » Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:03 pm

Heading out on my lunch break to watch my daughter's Halloween Parade at school. Can't wait till tomorrow to start decorating my cubicle! I finally work for a company that allows you to do all the decorating you want!! It's so going to be a Christmas wonderland in my cubicle! Pictures to come when I get it done! :gbhouse:
jlcarey
Bulb Tester

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter