2000 Posts By Christmas 2012

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: 2000 Posts By Christmas 2012

Postby Noel+ » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:52 am

mistletoe misfit wrote:
Noel+ wrote:
mistletoe misfit wrote:Christmas music is played all the time now when I am alone, sometimes while the kiddies are here and occasionally I "forget" and have it playing it when hubby is home. I also started to listen while driving in the car.

Mee too, MM. I have Christmas cds in my car, and DirecTv has their own holiday sonic music channel! In between tv commercials, I switch to the Christmas music!

Some of it is a hoot!

Daddy looks alot like Santa or Santa looks alot like Daddy - country Bill Owens
Jingle Bells by Fats Domino
Lazy by Bing Crosby
Hallelujah by TSO

Makes me laugh and smile all day! :singing:

I haven't heard Santa Looks A Lot Like Daddy in a few Christmases. That one is a hoot! I don't recall Bing's Lazy. HMMMM, I will have to search for it and listen to it . :smilecc:

Enjoy your Christmas tune search and sing along for fun MM! :smilecc: :singing:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:53 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:
Noel+ wrote:
mistletoe misfit wrote:Well it truly is starting to feel like Christmas now. Listening to Christmas carols, sipping on egg nog and what do I spy outside my window but a few scattered snowflakes. :scene:

Please send some pre-Christmas snow in our way! Its' 90F today. :snowwow:

Oh Noel, I can't imagine living in that much warmth thru Fall and Winter. It wouldn't seem like the Christmas season.

As a born-raised Midwestern gal, this is a hard one even now. I use my memories, imagination and decorate everything not moving for Christmas! We don't use heat -- and sing Christmas tunes night and day! :lol:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:54 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:I have DirectTV this year, so I will definitely have to check out the Sonic holiday music channel!!! Chritmas tunes are definitely being played on the way to work tomorrow! :singing:

It's sonic 801 .... usually the big band station.......and its such Christmasy fun! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:18 am

Noel+ wrote:
kiwidogy_max wrote:I have DirectTV this year, so I will definitely have to check out the Sonic holiday music channel!!! Chritmas tunes are definitely being played on the way to work tomorrow! :singing:

It's sonic 801 .... usually the big band station.......and its such Christmasy fun! :D

Thanks Noel. I will check out the Christmas channel this week. :shop:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:58 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:
Noel+ wrote:
mistletoe misfit wrote:Well it truly is starting to feel like Christmas now. Listening to Christmas carols, sipping on egg nog and what do I spy outside my window but a few scattered snowflakes. :scene:

Please send some pre-Christmas snow in our way! Its' 90F today. :snowwow:

Oh Noel, I can't imagine living in that much warmth thru Fall and Winter. It wouldn't seem like the Christmas season.

I grew up in San Antonio, TExas, where it snows about every 10 years and then only for a few minutes. I did not experience snow until Sweden. Imagine our Christmas brother and sisters in the southern hemisphere, they never have a white christmas. I do not mind a snow-less Christmas, but it can be 80F and above in SA, now that is a bit much. It is common to have cold turkey and ham with side salads for christmas dinner. :dinner:
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:00 am

Noel+ wrote:

www.live365.com is another good source for christmas music. They have Christmas channels all year long. :singing: :whistle:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby ksrjreed » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:10 am

Hello to all my fellow CAY'ers,

I hope everyone is doing well, my busy season is officially done now that my two oldest children's marching band season is finished, now I can get back to being on here and sharing the joy of Christmas. Hope everyone is having a good day and I will talk more later. :smilecc:

Some men are Baptists, others Catholics; my father was an Oldsmobile man.
ksrjreed
Bow Maker

Location: Helping the Old Man Change a Tire,,,,,,,OH FUDGE!!!

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:40 am

ksrjreed wrote:Hello to all my fellow CAY'ers,

I hope everyone is doing well, my busy season is officially done now that my two oldest children's marching band season is finished, now I can get back to being on here and sharing the joy of Christmas. Hope everyone is having a good day and I will talk more later. :smilecc:

I'm green with envy. :elfgrin:
We have one more football game, then Christmas parade, then starts the concert season, then region and all state bands, then done.
It's tiring, but worth it. :D
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:18 am

Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby tinseltown » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:58 pm

Hi Cay friends . Here too its so warm , i really hope it starts to cool down . Hope to start my big bake next week ie mincepies and sticky puddings :dinner: Then another major clean and its decoration time :smilecc: My earlier start is due to dad arriving november 30th so want everything ready :shop: Went to the English shop today and layed away some chocolates and christmas crackers . Do you have christmas crackers in the states and elsewhere ? My greek family love to pull them but my English friends enjoy the corny jokes that are inside . also i make everyone wear the paper hats inside . I always do an evening dinner for the local fransican monks who love them as well :singing: Spreading the christmas magic in a time of so many differcuties is what christmas is all about . You guys are all invited as well :D Be blessed :smilecc:
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:06 pm

tinseltown wrote:Hi Cay friends . Here too its so warm , i really hope it starts to cool down . Hope to start my big bake next week ie mincepies and sticky puddings :dinner: Then another major clean and its decoration time :smilecc: My earlier start is due to dad arriving november 30th so want everything ready :shop: Went to the English shop today and layed away some chocolates and christmas crackers . Do you have christmas crackers in the states and elsewhere ? My greek family love to pull them but my English friends enjoy the corny jokes that are inside . also i make everyone wear the paper hats inside . I always do an evening dinner for the local fransican monks who love them as well :singing: Spreading the christmas magic in a time of so many differcuties is what christmas is all about . You guys are all invited as well :D Be blessed :smilecc:

Let us know where you are and I will check Ryan Air? We have an English shop here as well in Stockholm and I got christmas crackers last year for the first time. Always thought they looked fun. Swedes have something similar that hangs on the christmas tree but they do not "snap", sort of like a tube with fringe on the ends. I go to the english shop for christmas crackers and the holiday shortbread selection. When do you use your crackers? We had them with the Christmas Day dinner, there is so much other activities on Christmas eve.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby ksrjreed » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:34 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:

We have one more football game, then Christmas parade, then starts the concert season, then region and all state bands, then done.

Marching is the busy season, we still have basketball concession stands, jazz band concerts, Christmas parades, solo & ensemble, all county, and all district, and I feel the same way, it is worth it, I don't know about your particular school but in our school the band kids are looked upon as second class citizens but I know they put in more work to perfect their craft than a lot of the athletes in our school, this coming from a former athlete.

The wife and myself have completed fall cleaning and now the house is ready for the season, with a little touch ups here and there, have been listening to Christmas music all day and yesterday sat around the house and watched movies with the Mrs. Nothing like spending a Sunday watching "Planes, Trains, & Automobiles, Home Alone 2, and Miracle on 34th Street", hows that for a mixed up bunch of movies. :smilecc:

ksrjreed
Bow Maker

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:58 pm

ksrjreed wrote:
Christmas Crazy wrote:

Marching is the busy season, we still have basketball concession stands, jazz band concerts, Christmas parades, solo & ensemble, all county, and all district, and I feel the same way, it is worth it, I don't know about your particular school but in our school the band kids are looked upon as second class citizens but I know they put in more work to perfect their craft than a lot of the athletes in our school, this coming from a former athlete.

The wife and myself have completed fall cleaning and now the house is ready for the season, with a little touch ups here and there, have been listening to Christmas music all day and yesterday sat around the house and watched movies with the Mrs. Nothing like spending a Sunday watching "Planes, Trains, & Automobiles, Home Alone 2, and Miracle on 34th Street", hows that for a mixed up bunch of movies. :smilecc:

Great Christmas movies and even better that you spent that time with your wife.
Well done! :snowwow:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby ksrjreed » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:14 pm

Christmas Crazy,

It was a very nice day yesterday, we usually do not get that much alone time during the day by ourselves to just relax, so when the chance comes, we take it. Hopefully, it will happen again this coming weekend but I do not see that happening, we are getting a taste of indian summer on Saturday so there will be a load of outdoor chores to do to get the yard ready for winter. :smilecc:

ksrjreed
Bow Maker

Postby Noel+ » Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:05 am

We miss you here at CAY and hope to see you back posting with us as Christmas comes closer each day! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:06 am

The Hallmark Channel showed Christmas movies this weekend, but their countdown starts this Friday. They're showing Christmas flicks day/night til Christmas Eve! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:07 am

Noel+ wrote:The Hallmark Channel showed Christmas movies this weekend, but their countdown starts this Friday. They're showing Christmas flicks day/night til Christmas Eve! :D

I love The Hallmark Channel. My wife and I watched 4 Christmas movies this past weekend.
It helped kick start her Christmas Spirit. :santa:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby ksrjreed » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:05 am

Needing Christmas spirit today, the oldest child left on a school trip to go look at different colleges in the state. Never thought this day would come. It feels like yesterday that she was opening Christmas presents and waiting to see if she received that Barbie dollhouse she wanted, now we are starting the voyage of picking out a college. Don't know if the wife and I will survive this. :smilecc:

ksrjreed
Bow Maker

Postby tinseltown » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:45 pm

Tomtemor wrote:
tinseltown wrote:Hi Cay friends . Here too its so warm , i really hope it starts to cool down . Hope to start my big bake next week ie mincepies and sticky puddings :dinner: Then another major clean and its decoration time :smilecc: My earlier start is due to dad arriving november 30th so want everything ready :shop: Went to the English shop today and layed away some chocolates and christmas crackers . Do you have christmas crackers in the states and elsewhere ? My greek family love to pull them but my English friends enjoy the corny jokes that are inside . also i make everyone wear the paper hats inside . I always do an evening dinner for the local fransican monks who love them as well :singing: Spreading the christmas magic in a time of so many differcuties is what christmas is all about . You guys are all invited as well :D Be blessed :smilecc:

Let us know where you are and I will check Ryan Air? We have an English shop here as well in Stockholm and I got christmas crackers last year for the first time. Always thought they looked fun. Swedes have something similar that hangs on the christmas tree but they do not "snap", sort of like a tube with fringe on the ends. I go to the english shop for christmas crackers and the holiday shortbread selection. When do you use your crackers? We had them with the Christmas Day dinner, there is so much other activities on Christmas eve.

I always put them on the christmas table and new year table , well everytime i do a meal !! They really finish the table off and are great fun for young and old alike to pull and as i said everyone usually puts their hats on . Thank God for the English shop here it makes it more like home :smilecc:
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:49 pm

[/quote]
I always put them on the christmas table and new year table , well everytime i do a meal !! They really finish the table off and are great fun for young and old alike to pull and as i said everyone usually puts their hats on . Thank God for the English shop here it makes it more like home :smilecc:[/quote]

hm....I had not thought about New Year´s. We could use the swedish ones for christmas and the new year´s ones for new year´s eve, then we have a hat! Perfect! :elfgrin: :scene:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter