2000 Posts By Christmas 2012

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: 2000 Posts By Christmas 2012

Postby Noel+ » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:29 am

Thanksgiving is so close now, and usually I'm in a decorating state of mind for Christmas. My inspiration has vanished so taking time tomorrow to enjoy Christmas movie, music and get inspired! :smilecc:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:37 am

Noel+ wrote:
Christmas Crazy wrote:
kiwidogy_max wrote:Christmas Crazy- are you setting up a real or artificial tree? I had assumed artificial since it would be up so

Christmas is worth all the effort! With kids and pets we switched to an artificial tree. Last year it was definitely a Charlie Brown tree..........falling apart........but it'll have to do for now.

Try some of the tree scented Yankee Candles. I am allergic so have only had a few real trees in my life. We had hurricane force winds the other night and I am rethinking the whole put the christmas tree on the balcony thing. There is a corner where it could be protected on two sides though. Have to move the bbq, but it is possible. I was thinking about all the artifical needles falling off, but then we did not pay much for it anyway. This could be a "test year". Many swedes do put their trees on the balcony, but many also have glass balconies, we do not.

On a sadder note, got some sad news about one of our cats today. A biopsy is being done, it will take about two weeks to get the results in. Pray for sound judgement, peace of mind and comfort for the kitty. Pray also for my husband, this was the cat he got after his mother died, laid off from the military, before we met, etc. She has seen him through alot. :cry:
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby kiwidogy_max » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:46 am

Praying for an early Christmas present of good news from the vet for you.
Love and Joy Come to You!
Santa's coming Santa's coming! I know him!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby jlcarey » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:47 am

Aw...Jennifer, I'm praying for your poor kitty and you and your husband. I hope that at the very least you will get to enjoy another Christmas season with her, and at the best, that it is benign...keep us updated!

Well, folks, I have some Christmas deco's up in my cubicle at work! I'm so glad to finally work somewhere where I can decorate! I have taken a lot of crap about it so far, but it's all good-natured! I did put up my scarecrow and fall wreath at the front of my cubicle to represent Thanksgiving...but I just couldn't help putting up the big door cover with a life-size Santa saying "Merry Christmas to all!" that can be seen over the top of my cubicle! lol I also have some jelly-like window clings of Santa, and snowflakes, candy canes, etc. And I also have static window clings of some elves. I also hung up one strand of wooden "cranberries" so far. I have another strand of "cranberries" to be hung, and a whole reel of lights! Can't wait to put all of those up! I'm debating whether I should do the "snow" spray on the window...I HATE cleaning that stuff up at the end of the season! lol :gbhouse:
jlcarey
Bulb Tester

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:25 am

On a much brighter note, I have a preliminary interview at the (un)employment office tomorrow concerning a job they "made" me apply for. when you are under control of the (un)employment office, they sometimes send you jobs that you are required to apply for whether you think you are qualified or not, or you risk losing benefits. This is is one of those. It is fulltime, permanent, and located in our kommun. Please pray I do well tomorrow and that they "pass me along". Keep those Christmas prayers comin!
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby ksrjreed » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:35 am

Hello all CAYer's,

It has been a busy past few couple of days for me, I have enjoyed four days off of work thanks to being bumped down to part time. Was able to spend my time get some Christmas shopping done as well as some other things to get ready for Thanksgiving next week. The wife received word from her doctor that she goes in on the Dec. 10th to have a trial never stimulator placed in her back to see if that helps elevate some pain, I really hope it does because she is in alot of it right now. Well, I am off for now but hope to be back here at some point in time during the day today. :smilecc:

Some men are Baptists, others Catholics; my father was an Oldsmobile man.
ksrjreed
Bow Maker

Location: Helping the Old Man Change a Tire,,,,,,,OH FUDGE!!!

Postby Noel+ » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:29 pm

Tomtemor wrote:
Noel+ wrote:
Christmas Crazy wrote:
kiwidogy_max wrote:Christmas Crazy- are you setting up a real or artificial tree? I had assumed artificial since it would be up so

Christmas is worth all the effort! With kids and pets we switched to an artificial tree. Last year it was definitely a Charlie Brown tree..........falling apart........but it'll have to do for now.

Try some of the tree scented Yankee Candles. I am allergic so have only had a few real trees in my life. We had hurricane force winds the other night and I am rethinking the whole put the christmas tree on the balcony thing. There is a corner where it could be protected on two sides though. Have to move the bbq, but it is possible. I was thinking about all the artifical needles falling off, but then we did not pay much for it anyway. This could be a "test year". Many swedes do put their trees on the balcony, but many also have glass balconies, we do not.

On a sadder note, got some sad news about one of our cats today. A biopsy is being done, it will take about two weeks to get the results in. Pray for sound judgement, peace of mind and comfort for the kitty. Pray also for my husband, this was the cat he got after his mother died, laid off from the military, before we met, etc. She has seen him through alot. :cry:

aOh, Jennifer so sad to read your news about your DH's kitty. You are both in our prayers. It is so H A R D to lose a pet we love. Please keep us updated when the biopsy results come in. Sending your Christmas thoughts........

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:30 pm

ksrjreed wrote:Hello all CAYer's,

It has been a busy past few couple of days for me, I have enjoyed four days off of work thanks to being bumped down to part time. Was able to spend my time get some Christmas shopping done as well as some other things to get ready for Thanksgiving next week. The wife received word from her doctor that she goes in on the Dec. 10th to have a trial never stimulator placed in her back to see if that helps elevate some pain, I really hope it does because she is in alot of it right now. Well, I am off for now but hope to be back here at some point in time during the day today. :smilecc:

You're definitely in the Christmas spirit ksrjreed! Your wife is definitely in our prayers -- for successful insertion, comfort and pain-relieving effects. Now that would be the best Christmas gift ever! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:32 pm

Our home has plumbing woes........again. Just last month my BIL replaced our shower turn on/off valve. It broke again this afternoon. Had to laugh that I'm always the one soap-covered and unable to shower off. Turned off the water to the house and hoping to have a plumber here before Friday.

It's a Christmas attitude test.......they come in all shapes & sizes.....and determined to keep Christ first! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:29 pm

Noel+ wrote:Our home has plumbing woes........again. Just last month my BIL replaced our shower turn on/off valve. It broke again this afternoon. Had to laugh that I'm always the one soap-covered and unable to shower off. Turned off the water to the house and hoping to have a plumber here before Friday.

It's a Christmas attitude test.......they come in all shapes & sizes.....and determined to keep Christ first! :D

Oh that's terrible Noel. I hope the Christmas Plumber Elf gets there tomorrow and has your water working again.
Love your spirit filled attitude. :D
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:57 am

Thinking of you Noel! I will try to remember your attitude as we ride the unemployment roller coaster.

Good news for the cat (Zelma). The tumor turned out to be a cyst on the saliva gland. It has been drained, sutured, and once healed, hopefully will cause her no more problems. Thank you to all my Christmas friends for the prayers!

I dreamed last night I got a job, but it was in Schleswig-Holstein (yes, I dreamed that specifically) which turns out is a state in Germany. Must be some history lesson coming out of my subconscious. I would much rather dream of Christmas!
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:21 am

Jennifer,
Great news for Zelma!
You know what would be a great dream? Dreaming of a full time job in a year round Christmas store.
DREAM JOB!!!
:snowwow:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:48 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:Jennifer,
Great news for Zelma!
You know what would be a great dream? Dreaming of a full time job in a year round Christmas store.
DREAM JOB!!!

We applied for jobs as Park Managers to Tomteland (Santa World) a couple of years ago, now that would have been a Christmas dream!

Came home today and Zelma, the cat who hates me, ALMOST touched noses. Oh my, did I bring home the wrong cat??? :lol:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:27 pm

Do you think she's trying to get on the Christmas NICE List?
:lol:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:02 pm

The Christmas Tree goes up tomorrow!
:peek:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:05 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:Do you think she's trying to get on the Christmas NICE List?
:lol:

I am hoping she it means she feels better. The cyst was 2 cm so no telling how long it has been hurting her. Her "meow" sounds funny but I have not heard her hiss at the other cat. She might have gotten a new personality for Christmas! :elfgrin:

Looking forward to my Friday Christmas tomorrow! The cleaning is not fun but jamming to some Christmas tunes sure is. This weekend we will change out the bedroom linens and kitchen curtains to something Christmassy.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby tinseltown » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:26 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:Jennifer,
Great news for Zelma!
DREAM JOB!!!

Cant we open an all year round christmas franchise :smilecc: I visited an all year round shop in the uk . Now that is my dream job !!! :smilecc:
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby tinseltown » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:32 pm

Hi Guys was thinking of you all while making my mincepies and sticky puddings and playing christmas carols :singing: Glad to hear your cat is ok Jennifer God is good . In the middle of my big pre decorating clean up . Got out the decs today :D So excited . Still in the middle of my on going tooth saga :cry: and have had a migraine for the last three days . Apart from that im ok !! Praying for you all :smilecc:
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby tinseltown » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:34 pm

Noel+ wrote:
tinseltown wrote:So nice to read all your christmas posts as we race towards our favourite time of the year .Going to pick up my christmas order from the english shop this week :dinner: cant wait to decorate and get the festive season started :smilecc: xxx

Sounds like Christmas fun tinseltown! Are you decorating with a certain color or theme? :D

Im sticking to red and gold with lots of greenery . Just love the traditional olde worldly stuff . What about you Noel ?
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby tinseltown » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:37 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:The Christmas Tree goes up tomorrow!
:peek:

Great news Christmas Crazy . I cant wait to put mine up :smilecc: I remember the pics you posted of your tree and it looked fab :holly1:
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter