2000 Posts By Christmas 2012

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: 2000 Posts By Christmas 2012

Postby tinseltown » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:39 pm

Noel+ wrote:Our home has plumbing woes........again. Just last month my BIL replaced our shower turn on/off valve. It broke again this afternoon. Had to laugh that I'm always the one soap-covered and unable to shower off. Turned off the water to the house and hoping to have a plumber here before Friday.

It's a Christmas attitude test.......they come in all shapes & sizes.....and determined to keep Christ first! :D

Wise words :singing: Ive a few tests going on at the moment but my Christmas spirit just keeps breaking through and that means putting Christ first :D
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby tinseltown » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:42 pm

ksrjreed wrote:Hello all CAYer's,

It has been a busy past few couple of days for me, I have enjoyed four days off of work thanks to being bumped down to part time. Was able to spend my time get some Christmas shopping done as well as some other things to get ready for Thanksgiving next week. The wife received word from her doctor that she goes in on the Dec. 10th to have a trial never stimulator placed in her back to see if that helps elevate some pain, I really hope it does because she is in alot of it right now. Well, I am off for now but hope to be back here at some point in time during the day today. :smilecc:

Praying for your wife that you will both have a blessed and pain free holiday season :gbhouse:
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby ksrjreed » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:25 pm

Thank you tinsletown for the prayers, we hope she can have a pain free holiday as well.

Hello fellow CAYer'
Been a good day so far, was able to get most of the Christmas lights up outside, now to get ready for work, today is my Friday so I have a three day weekend to help get the house ready for Thanksgiving and a five day vacation for the kids. Hope everyone has a great day! :smilecc:

Some men are Baptists, others Catholics; my father was an Oldsmobile man.
ksrjreed
Bow Maker

Location: Helping the Old Man Change a Tire,,,,,,,OH FUDGE!!!

Postby Noel+ » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:10 am

tinseltown wrote:
Noel+ wrote:Our home has plumbing woes........again. Just last month my BIL replaced our shower turn on/off valve. It broke again this afternoon. Had to laugh that I'm always the one soap-covered and unable to shower off. Turned off the water to the house and hoping to have a plumber here before Friday.

It's a Christmas attitude test.......they come in all shapes & sizes.....and determined to keep Christ first! :D

Wise words :singing: Ive a few tests going on at the moment but my Christmas spirit just keeps breaking through and that means putting Christ first :D

Yes, so true..........these are merely distractions, and I need my focus on Jesus! :nav2:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:11 am

ksrjreed wrote:Thank you tinsletown for the prayers, we hope she can have a pain free holiday as well.

Hello fellow CAYer'
Been a good day so far, was able to get most of the Christmas lights up outside, now to get ready for work, today is my Friday so I have a three day weekend to help get the house ready for Thanksgiving and a five day vacation for the kids. Hope everyone has a great day! :smilecc:

I admire your determination to keep on schedule and achieve so much in a short amount of time!

We continue to pray for your precious wife's healing. :angelsnow:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:12 am

Tomtemor wrote:Thinking of you Noel! I will try to remember your attitude as we ride the unemployment roller coaster.

Good news for the cat (Zelma). The tumor turned out to be a cyst on the saliva gland. It has been drained, sutured, and once healed, hopefully will cause her no more problems. Thank you to all my Christmas friends for the prayers!

I dreamed last night I got a job, but it was in Schleswig-Holstein (yes, I dreamed that specifically) which turns out is a state in Germany. Must be some history lesson coming out of my subconscious. I would much rather dream of Christmas!

:smilecc: So happy about Zelma!!! Truly this will be a good Christmas for you, filled with blessings, despite job status. Hugs! :snowgirl:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:01 am

Noel+ wrote:Thanksgiving is so close now, and usually I'm in a decorating state of mind for Christmas. My inspiration has vanished so taking time tomorrow to enjoy Christmas movie, music and get inspired! :smilecc:

Good idea! I am alternating between Thanksgiving and Christmas music today. I am very glad we had the big meal in October, but still want to "feel" the season. This week I will make pumpkin bread, cranberry jello and a turkey casserole for a "mini thanksgiving".

http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Meal ... Second-Bow

That was my inspiration. I took inventory and found 4 boxes of cranberry jello (sadly no orange), 2 cans of pumpkin and 2 cans of cranberry sauce. I also have 1 cup of butternut pulp and 1 cup of some unknown pumpkin/melon type thing that made a wonderful tasting "pumpkin" pie at the soup kitchen. I might use those for the bread and save the canned pumpkin for something else. With what we spent on the cat, we won´t be doing any extra shopping this season. :shop:
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:04 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:I was thinking of getting one of those USB powered mini Christmas trees for my desk at work. Does anyone have any such thing in their workplace?

I had one when I was working. It is Christmas cute and subtle. :gbhouse:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:07 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:That is great that you are having the house decorated for Christmas before Thanksgiving. I would love to do that! You have a wonderfully understanding wife! A spa day for her is a marvelous idea.

Actually, since many people do a thanskgiving repeat on Christmas, this gives you a bit of freedom. You could do the really traditional dinner on Thanskgiving, turkey,dressing, etc and then something a bit different for Christmas. My exhusband´s aunt use to serve turkey and ham for christmas, but the sides were a bit more "creative". :dinner:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:15 am

tinseltown wrote:
Noel+ wrote:
tinseltown wrote:So nice to read all your christmas posts as we race towards our favourite time of the year .Going to pick up my christmas order from the english shop this week :dinner: cant wait to decorate and get the festive season started :smilecc: xxx

Sounds like Christmas fun tinseltown! Are you decorating with a certain color or theme? :D

Im sticking to red and gold with lots of greenery . Just love the traditional olde worldly stuff . What about you Noel ?

traditional swedish christmas colors are red and gray. I find this depressing and my high school colors were red and gray so I think "high school". But we have garland in every color imaginable and christmas trees are traditionally done in swedish national colors of blue and gold. One year black and gold were the "In" colors and I thought "only if I was in mourning....and could not NOT do anything for christmas......" Glad that trend has passed. We will be going to discount store tonight to see what we can pick up. :gbhouse:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby mistletoe misfit » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:45 am

So happy to hear your kitty is doing well! That is a wonderful early Christmas gift for you and your Hubby I am sure! :D
Today I am hopefully picking up our sons Christmas gift. I say hopefully because, I ordered it a couple of weeks ago and twice I have gone to pick it up only to find out it isn't really there. The last time it was looked into a little further and was discovered they have no record of me ordering it. So we ordered it again! Fingers are crossed! :shop:
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:45 am

Merry Friday Christmas!
Look out bathrooms, your about to get cleaned. :D
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:48 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:Merry Friday Christmas!

Just got through with that. Laundry going now.

Merry Friday Christmas!
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:38 pm

Tomtemor wrote:

Merry Friday Christmas!

You go girl!

Ho Ho Ho, Merry Christmas!
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:56 am

Tomtemor wrote:
kiwidogy_max wrote:I was thinking of getting one of those USB powered mini Christmas trees for my desk at work. Does anyone have any such thing in their workplace?

I had one when I was working. It is Christmas cute and subtle. :gbhouse:

Yes, I had one also. They are cute and just the right Christmas glow for a desk! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:57 am

mistletoe misfit wrote:So happy to hear your kitty is doing well! That is a wonderful early Christmas gift for you and your Hubby I am sure! :D
Today I am hopefully picking up our sons Christmas gift. I say hopefully because, I ordered it a couple of weeks ago and twice I have gone to pick it up only to find out it isn't really there. The last time it was looked into a little further and was discovered they have no record of me ordering it. So we ordered it again! Fingers are crossed! :shop:

My fingers & toes are crossed for you MM that your package had truly arrived. Christmas packages when presents for our children are #1! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:58 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:
Tomtemor wrote:

Merry Friday Christmas!

You go girl!

Ho Ho Ho, Merry Christmas!

Yesterday was cleaning day for me too! Must have a clean house before decorating for Christmas next Friday! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:01 am

What a Friday! It seems 'trouble always comes in 3s' saying is true.

While cleaning house the vacuum broke. [I purchased it in February and for a Hoover this is a short life span]

The shower nozzle broke again so a plumber was called for expensive repairs.

Then, content my house was safe from a flooding shower, I went to run errands. But, err...........the car wouldn't start. It's parked in the garage and the battery was totally dead. My brother tells me nowadays they just die on you without warning.

The good news? My sweet nephew drove over to rescue me! He pushed the car out of the garage and onto the street, gave me a jump start all on a 15 minute work break! What a sweetie! Then off to Sears for a new battery.

With these unexpected costs, we won't be spending money either Jennifer. BUT........my Granny & folks always said during hard times they had the best Christmas! It refocuses us on the true meaning without so much distraction and that's our goal this year! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby mistletoe misfit » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:31 am

Noel+ wrote:What a Friday! It seems 'trouble always comes in 3s' saying is true.

While cleaning house the vacuum broke. [I purchased it in February and for a Hoover this is a short life span]

The shower nozzle broke again so a plumber was called for expensive repairs.

Then, content my house was safe from a flooding shower, I went to run errands. But, err...........the car wouldn't start. It's parked in the garage and the battery was totally dead. My brother tells me nowadays they just die on you without warning.

The good news? My sweet nephew drove over to rescue me! He pushed the car out of the garage and onto the street, gave me a jump start all on a 15 minute work break! What a sweetie! Then off to Sears for a new battery.

With these unexpected costs, we won't be spending money either Jennifer. BUT........my Granny & folks always said during hard times they had the best Christmas! It refocuses us on the true meaning without so much distraction and that's our goal this year! :D

Praying that this is the end of your breakdowns! What a wonderful nephew you have! Sometimes when we just can't take anymore a wonderful person steps in and helps us out!
Last winter our furnace broke down and both of our vehicles at the same time. I was a wreck. How was my husband to get to work? A wonderful amazing friend (also a mechanic) lent us his truck and fixed both our vehicles. I still get choked up when I think how generous and kind and selfless he was.

I am so thrilled that my sons Christmas gift arrived yesterday! I was getting very nervous that we might not have it in time for Christmas. So thankful to a very helpful and knowledgeable sales lady that straightened everything out. :smilecc:
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby tinseltown » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:46 pm

Sorry to hear about your differculties Noel Keep Praying ! Blitzed the houser today from top to bottom and decorated my attic and bedroom :smilecc: will start the lounge tomorrow and monday the tree FINALLY :smilecc: So happy :D Be blessed CAY friends x
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter