2000 Posts By Christmas 2012

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: 2000 Posts By Christmas 2012

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:27 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYijgKSMHPA

It´s not Christmas, but that looks like a great thanksgiving line up for those having access to INSP (never heard of it). I stumbled onto that looking for a thanksgiving video to put up on my facebook page. I can see what I would be doing if I were in the US, followed on Friday by Miracle on 34th street (original) which must be the first official christmas movie of the season.
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:46 am

Hi Jen,

INSP is a cable tv station apparently only in the US. It's advertising their Thanksgiving Day programming.

And I absolutely agree that the original Miracle on 34th Street is the first movie of the Christmas season!

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:47 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:Candy Cane- I am sorry for your loss. I hope you and your family have a peaceful and relaxing Thanksgiving and Christmas. I remember when my grandmother passed away before Thanksgiving when I was 17. I always think of her when the holidays come around. I always smile...

It's those beautiful memories that last a lifetime. I lost my Dad 4 years ago and my Mom 2 years ago and my heart is filled with Christmas memories! And I know Candy's heart will be blessed with a lifetime of beautiful memories of her mother.

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:48 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:If you're watching a Thanksgiving parade on Thursday, which one will you watch?
Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade on CBS at 9:00 am (Eastern).
McDonalds Thanksgiving Day Parade on WGN at 9:00 am (Eastern).
Or another one.

Remember, :santa: Santa will end the parade and start the Christmas season.

Both - I cheat - and use dual screen! Santa can't miss our clan! :wink:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:05 am

Noel+ wrote:Hi Jen,

INSP is a cable tv station apparently only in the US. It's advertising their Thanksgiving Day programming.

And I absolutely agree that the original Miracle on 34th Street is the first movie of the Christmas season!

Found Dr Quinn Giving Thanks on Youtube. Christmas is coming!
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:15 am

Noel+ wrote:
Christmas Crazy wrote:If you're watching a Thanksgiving parade on Thursday, which one will you watch?
Or another one.

I love it! :D
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:30 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:
Noel+ wrote:
Or another one.

If I were there, I would watch Macy´s, its tradition. I am hoping for some YouTube clips on Friday. In my cousin´s family, they put up the christmas tree after thanksgiving dinner. But I prefer watching Miracle on 34th street on Thursday night and starting the official decorating the next day. Our Swedish thanksgiving is in October and tomorrow is my volunteer day at the soup kitchen, that seems appropriate even if Swedes do not know it is american thanksgiving. I suggested they freeze one of the pumpkin pies I made for tomorrow, but have not been there in two weeks, so I do not know if they took my suggestion. I am taking in some of my own pumpkin bread for the volunteers to try. It was my first attempt and needs work, but still has a good taste for those that do not know what it should be like. :dinner:
:thanks:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:11 pm

Tomtemor wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYijgKSMHPA

It´s not Christmas, but that looks like a great thanksgiving line up for those having access to INSP (never heard of it). I stumbled onto that looking for a thanksgiving video to put up on my facebook page. I can see what I would be doing if I were in the US, followed on Friday by Miracle on 34th street (original) which must be the first official christmas movie of the season.

All of the Dr Quinn episodes are on YouTube as well as the High Chaparral episode. The Big Valley episode is the first one and has nothing to do with Thanksgiving. Christmas viewing commences on Friday!
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby tinseltown » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:48 pm

Happy Thanks Giving to you all :smilecc: We dont have it but what a great thing to do , to be thankful . Watched a few movies The Holiday . Christmas with the Kranks and of course H :smilecc: Home alone :smilecc: Also watched Bing Crosbys Merrie old Christmas which is from 1977 but so christmasy . Tonight i watched Hercule Poirot,s christmas with David Suchet which was fab . Might try and fit in Love Actually as well . Watching loads this week before the troops all arrive and then i never know when ill get a chance :laugh: Tooth is not responding to antibioctics so need stronger ones and cant chew very well so pray im cured soon . Enjoy tomorrow x :smilecc:
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby Noel+ » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:15 pm

Tomtemor wrote:
Noel+ wrote:Hi Jen,

Found Dr Quinn Giving Thanks on Youtube. Christmas is coming!

Good for you! Here's to Christmas! :smilecc: :snowwow:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:16 pm

Tomtemor wrote:
Christmas Crazy wrote:
Noel+ wrote:
Or another one.

If I were there, I would watch Macy´s, its tradition. I am hoping for some YouTube clips on Friday. In my cousin´s family, they put up the christmas tree after thanksgiving dinner. But I prefer watching Miracle on 34th street on Thursday night and starting the official decorating the next day. Our Swedish thanksgiving is in October and tomorrow is my volunteer day at the soup kitchen, that seems appropriate even if Swedes do not know it is american thanksgiving. I suggested they freeze one of the pumpkin pies I made for tomorrow, but have not been there in two weeks, so I do not know if they took my suggestion. I am taking in some of my own pumpkin bread for the volunteers to try. It was my first attempt and needs work, but still has a good taste for those that do not know what it should be like. :dinner:

You are truly living Thanksgiving & Christmas in your heart by serving others this day. You & your DH are in my hearts & prayers. And I hope they save you a piece of the frozen pumpkin pie! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:18 pm

tinseltown wrote:Happy Thanks Giving to you all :smilecc: We dont have it but what a great thing to do , to be thankful . Watched a few movies The Holiday . Christmas with the Kranks and of course H :smilecc: Home alone :smilecc: Also watched Bing Crosbys Merrie old Christmas which is from 1977 but so christmasy . Tonight i watched Hercule Poirot,s christmas with David Suchet which was fab . Might try and fit in Love Actually as well . Watching loads this week before the troops all arrive and then i never know when ill get a chance :laugh: Tooth is not responding to antibioctics so need stronger ones and cant chew very well so pray im cured soon . Enjoy tomorrow x :smilecc:

Thanks for the lovely Thanksgiving wishes tinseltown! My favorite thing to do Thanksgiving night is watch Miracle on 34th Street. Then, every night, after decorating the tree/house each day, we watch more Christmas flicks. Its a family tradition I cherish and wish your family blessings as you celebrate Chris :snowwow: tmas!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby kiwidogy_max » Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:07 am

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I had a wonderful dinner and evening with my family. Tomorrow is the big meal, so tonight we all went out to a diner. This is our family's kickoff to the Christmas season (even though some of us are guilty of celebrating the whole year through). We ended the night playing Rummy Royal...a game I hadn't played since I was a teenager!
Love and Joy Come to You!
Santa's coming Santa's coming! I know him!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby mistletoe misfit » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:16 am

Happy Thanksgiving to all My American Christmas friends! I look forward to watching the Macys Thanksgiving Parade this morning. I hope everyone has a wonderful day!

mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby Christmas Crazy » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:48 am

Happy Thanksgiving Day!

Turkey is in the oven. I will start peeling potatoes soon. Then watch the parade.
I love this time of year. :D

Christmas is coming!!! :santa:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:51 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I had a wonderful dinner and evening with my family. Tomorrow is the big meal, so tonight we all went out to a diner. This is our family's kickoff to the Christmas season (even though some of us are guilty of celebrating the whole year through). We ended the night playing Rummy Royal...a game I hadn't played since I was a teenager!

What a great way to start the season! I haven't played that game in.........er.....decades! :oops: Sitting here wondering if I remember how! :lol:

Happy Thanksgiving kiwi! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:52 am

mistletoe misfit wrote:Happy Thanksgiving to all My American Christmas friends! I look forward to watching the Macys Thanksgiving Parade this morning. I hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Happy Thanksgiving MM! Enjoy the parade ........ I'm watching it too! :D The parade ends with Santa and so starts Christmas! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:53 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:Happy Thanksgiving Day!

Turkey is in the oven. I will start peeling potatoes soon. Then watch the parade.
I love this time of year. :D

Christmas is coming!!! :santa:

HAPPY THANKSGIVING YA'LL!!!!

Watching the parades, sipping cocoa and waiting for time to go to my sister's for the big T-Day famly dinner! Tonight we're watching Miracle on 34th Street [original] to start our Christmas celebrations! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby kiwidogy_max » Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:39 pm

Family football game in the backyard before Thanksgiving dinner. I hope everyone stretches!!! My early Christmas gift for the family will hopefully be a funny touchdown dance.
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby kiwidogy_max » Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:41 pm

I watched some of the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade this morning. I DVR'd the whole thing to watch later. I did hear some Christmas songs and saw the Santa balloon.
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter