2000 Posts By Christmas 2012

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: 2000 Posts By Christmas 2012

Postby kiwidogy_max » Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:29 am

As another Thanksgiving draws to a close, I think about everything in my life that I am thankful for. I am blessed to have such a wonderful family and friends. They are all the Christmas gift that keeps on giving...giving my life joy, laughter, and love everyday.
Love and Joy Come to You!
Santa's coming Santa's coming! I know him!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby kiwidogy_max » Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:32 am

A long and fun day of amazing food, pickup football in the backyard with my brothers, football on the TV, and board games with the family. Christmas music on the way home ends the perfect day. I hope all of my CAY friends had a wonderful Thanksgiving as well.
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:48 am

Hope all my American christmas friends had a great Thanksgiving day! I am listening to the Lux Radio version of Mircale on 34th street on YouTube, since my only copy is on VHS and we no longer have a way of playing it. :cry: It is not quite the same, but I love OTR and the Lux Radio adaptions, so it is not so bad. I also discovered another use for the Christmas in July bag. It allows me to quickly set out a few things that make the apartment more "christmassy" in no time at all. Today I am making cranberry jello and mashed sweet potatoes (for sweet potatoe pancakes) for our mini celebration tomorrow. Now all we need is snow. I am wondering if we will get any more. Our short haired cat did not grow a winter coat this year and the long haired cat is shedding hers........maybe they know something we do not...

Happy first official day of the Christmas season! Woohoo! :orn1: :merrysleigh: :snowkiss:
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:17 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:A long and fun day of amazing food, pickup football in the backyard with my brothers, football on the TV, and board games with the family. Christmas music on the way home ends the perfect day. I hope all of my CAY friends had a wonderful Thanksgiving as well.

Yes, it was a beautiful Thanksgiving for my family too! All the food turned out to be delish and I didn't even have room for pie! We all watched The Homecoming Walton's Christmas story and Miracle on 34th Street after football.

Hope each of you were blessed with a great time with family & friends. My life is filled with good people who brighten my life and God's care is always inspiring especiallya t Christmas time. :D

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:18 am

Sending you wishes for Christmas snow, Jennifer! :snowwow:

I like your idea of creating a Christmas in July bag/box to simplify the decorating. I am going to copy your idea!

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:19 am

My gratitude list grew longer this Thanksgiving Day and many more to come this blessed Christmas season! Blessings to all of you! :snowwow:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:32 am

Noel+ wrote:Sending you wishes for Christmas snow, Jennifer! :snowwow:

I like your idea of creating a Christmas in July bag/box to simplify the decorating. I am going to copy your idea!

You are welcome to use the idea! It also makes a good place to stash any items you find here and there after the big "undecorating" is done. Since it is mostly garland, vines, etc, I can put it out today to create a cheery mood and then replace it with other stuff when the big Christmas box comes up from the basement. Especially since I am not working this year, it satisfies my urge to "do something" to get started.

oh, and I found an online source for the parade. All is right with the world again. I also found Miracle on 34th street on DVD from a swedish source. Money is tight now, so I will not buy it, but glad it is available though the swedish title is "Miracle in New York"...sometimes they change the titles for no reason.... :think:
:orn1: :merrygift: :blinky1:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby kiwidogy_max » Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:55 pm

I just had a wonderful dinner with my family at our house. Hamburgers were a nice change from turkey, but I am ready for Thanksgiving leftovers tomorrow! Between dinner and dessert, we watched the Simpsons Christmas special.
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby kiwidogy_max » Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:58 pm

Tomorrow we get our Christmas tree!!!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby Noel+ » Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:44 am

Tomtemor wrote:
Noel+ wrote:Sending you wishes for Christmas snow, Jennifer! :snowwow:

You are welcome to use the idea! It also makes a good place to stash any items you find here and there after the big "undecorating" is done. Since it is mostly garland, vines, etc, I can put it out today to create a cheery mood and then replace it with other stuff when the big Christmas box comes up from the basement. Especially since I am not working this year, it satisfies my urge to "do something" to get started.

oh, and I found an online source for the parade. All is right with the world again. I also found Miracle on 34th street on DVD from a swedish source. Money is tight now, so I will not buy it, but glad it is available though the swedish title is "Miracle in New York"...sometimes they change the titles for no reason.... :think:
:orn1: :merrygift: :blinky1:

Great ideas! I read once that film companies change the title of movies if the format is different and/or European licensing. That is interesting about the Swedish title change. So glad it is available in dvd format for you....it is a Christmas essential! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:45 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:Tomorrow we get our Christmas tree!!!

Yesterday evening we put up the artificial tree and decorated outside. All our Christmas lights had melted again during the summer: when temps reach 118F that's what happens to electrical items. So it looks pretty but no lights this year. Today we 'fluff' the tree and start the decorating! :scene:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby mistletoe misfit » Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:27 am

Santa found a great deal on nerf guns yesterday. :lol: So everyone on Christmas morning here will be getting one in their stocking. That includes the 4 adults! Santa thought it would be a hoot for the 7 of us to go outside and have a nerf war. That Santa sure has a great sense of humour! :laugh:
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:31 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:I just had a wonderful dinner with my family at our house. Hamburgers were a nice change from turkey, but I am ready for Thanksgiving leftovers tomorrow! Between dinner and dessert, we watched the Simpsons Christmas special.

We're having grilled hamburgers today!
We did a little Christmas shopping yesterday. Found a few bargains.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:00 am

mistletoe misfit wrote:Santa found a great deal on nerf guns yesterday. :lol: So everyone on Christmas morning here will be getting one in their stocking. That includes the 4 adults! Santa thought it would be a hoot for the 7 of us to go outside and have a nerf war. That Santa sure has a great sense of humour! :laugh:

Sounds like great Christmas fun!
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Mrs.Claus » Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:26 am

Tomorrow, my youngest is having her Christmas party - so today we are going shopping for it. She choose a Gingerbread/Sweets theme this year. We already purchased a few mini gingerbread village sets, so there will be enough for everyone to make a small house to take home. We're still up in the air about the ornament to make, which means we get to browse around Michael's. I'm thinking something with glitter :-). Hickory Farms is up and running in our mall and she's a huge fan of their cheese balls and beefstick, so we'll be serving that as snacks, as well as a fruit & veggie tray, and we have to have humus, too. We put out a bag of chips and snack mix, but it's the fruit and healthy snacks that go first.

Glad my US friends had a good Thanksgiving. :thanks:
~ Mrs. Claus ~

Mrs.Claus
The Mrs.

Postby kiwidogy_max » Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:00 pm

Santa has a fun idea with the Nerf guns in the Christmas stockings!! I love that!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby kiwidogy_max » Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:06 pm

:scene: we picked up the Christmas tree today!!! A beautiful 8 footer that we cut down while the snow was falling. A perfect day. It stands in the living room and will be decorated tomorrow. We also got 2 kissing balls and a wreath. I love having a porch to decorate!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby mistletoe misfit » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:06 am

kiwidogy_max wrote::scene: we picked up the Christmas tree today!!! A beautiful 8 footer that we cut down while the snow was falling. A perfect day. It stands in the living room and will be decorated tomorrow. We also got 2 kissing balls and a wreath. I love having a porch to decorate!

It sounds like a wonderful day for getting a tree.Would love to see pics of your Christmas tree! We go on our annual tree hunt Dec. 16th. What are kissing balls?
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby mistletoe misfit » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:36 am

It's snowing! :flake: We have a light dusting on the ground. :smilecc: Putting me in a very Christmassy kind of mood! :snowjump:
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:04 pm

mistletoe misfit wrote:
kiwidogy_max wrote::scene: we picked up the Christmas tree today!!! A beautiful 8 footer that we cut down while the snow was falling. A perfect day. It stands in the living room and will be decorated tomorrow. We also got 2 kissing balls and a wreath. I love having a porch to decorate!

It sounds like a wonderful day for getting a tree.Would love to see pics of your Christmas tree! We go on our annual tree hunt Dec. 16th. What are kissing balls?

without looking it up, kissing balls are a medieval/victorian christmas tradition. Similar to the mistletoe tradition and often a component of them, kising balls are herbal arrangements (often made by sticking greenry in styrofoam or wire today) hung in doorways etc. If caught under then, you may be kissed. In a more chaste society, chances are it was just an excuse to be able to kiss the girl/boy that you liked.

:oops:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter