2000 Posts By Christmas 2012

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: 2000 Posts By Christmas 2012

Postby tinseltown » Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:37 pm

Hi Cay friends ,great reading your Thanks giving posts , a lovely start to the christmas season . Its very warm here in the day but cool at night at least .Snow sounds lovely Mistletoe Misfit :smilecc: Im enjoying my christmas films early then will watch them again when everyone arrives as i usually end up serving drinks and chocs :holly1: Ging to watch The Santa Clause tonight , love all 3 movies .Things are quiet hard here with the crisis so going to make it fun by making more things at home and bargin hunting which i dont usually do but will do with Christmas spirit :smilecc: Be blessed Cay friends x :scene:
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:18 pm

tinseltown wrote:Hi Cay friends ,great reading your Thanks giving posts , a lovely start to the christmas season . Its very warm here in the day but cool at night at least .Snow sounds lovely Mistletoe Misfit :smilecc: Im enjoying my christmas films early then will watch them again when everyone arrives as i usually end up serving drinks and chocs :holly1: Ging to watch The Santa Clause tonight , love all 3 movies .Things are quiet hard here with the crisis so going to make it fun by making more things at home and bargin hunting which i dont usually do but will do with Christmas spirit :smilecc: Be blessed Cay friends x :scene:

Praying for you, your family, and for Greece tinseltown. Many Christmas blessings to you all.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:20 pm

mistletoe misfit wrote:It's snowing! :flake: We have a light dusting on the ground. :smilecc: Putting me in a very Christmassy kind of mood! :snowjump:

Christmas season snow is the best. So jealous. :D
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:22 pm

kiwidogy_max wrote::scene: we picked up the Christmas tree today!!! A beautiful 8 footer that we cut down while the snow was falling. A perfect day. It stands in the living room and will be decorated tomorrow. We also got 2 kissing balls and a wreath. I love having a porch to decorate!

A great way to start the Christmas season! It all sounds so wonderful. :gbhouse:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby kiwidogy_max » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:46 am

I started watching the Santa Clause last night. I love that movie!! It's not Christmas without that one!
Love and Joy Come to You!
Santa's coming Santa's coming! I know him!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby kiwidogy_max » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:53 am

Today I got a lot of Christmas shopping done. It was nice to see the mall all decorated!!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:23 am

http://www.oldenglishcrackers.com/make- ... ackers.htm

I have long had a fascination with English Christmas Crackers after having seen them on TV. I never actually had one until last year when we discovered The English Shop here in Stockholm. They were great fun. THEN, Anders tells me that Sweden has a similar tradition. They are made from a single tube with no "snapper", hang from the christmas tree, and have fringe on the end. This year I think I will buy a couple swedish ones just to see what is in them. We are thinking of trying the above to make some for the cats. Then, in future years to make them for each other with candy, novelty gifts, etc. When I have a job, I can even order some of the items from the UK. I do not care if they "snap", I just think they look pretty and are a nice way to extend the fun since it is just the two of us. :penny: :scene:

found a video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjGDpYSN ... re=related
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby kiwidogy_max » Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:35 am

Jennifer, we love using Christmas crackers after dinner on Christmas Day. It was a tradition started by my sister-in-law who is English.
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby kiwidogy_max » Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:36 am

I wake up this morning to a few inches of snow on the ground! It looks so lovely with the Christmas lights on the porch.
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:32 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:Jennifer, we love using Christmas crackers after dinner on Christmas Day. It was a tradition started by my sister-in-law who is English.

http://www.firajul.nu/smallkaramell

Here is a picture of the swedish version. They are called smäll karameller (small caramels ??) maybe becuase they sort of resemble tootsie rolls?? They are a single tube and have sort of a "shoulder strap" to hang on the tree. When I went into the history of them, the same wikipedia article for English christmas crackers came up only in Swedish, so I guess they are an adaptation of the english tradition. I have been looking for detailed instructions (I am craft challenged) on how to make the fringle on the ends............no luck so far. :penny:
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:01 am

mistletoe misfit wrote:Santa found a great deal on nerf guns yesterday. :lol: So everyone on Christmas morning here will be getting one in their stocking. That includes the 4 adults! Santa thought it would be a hoot for the 7 of us to go outside and have a nerf war. That Santa sure has a great sense of humour! :laugh:

What a fun Christmas gift, MM. I know I'd have fun using a nerf gun again as I played with the children. Good for you! :D

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:02 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:
kiwidogy_max wrote:I just had a wonderful dinner with my family at our house. Hamburgers were a nice change from turkey, but I am ready for Thanksgiving leftovers tomorrow! Between dinner and dessert, we watched the Simpsons Christmas special.

We're having grilled hamburgers today!
We did a little Christmas shopping yesterday. Found a few bargains.

Congrats! on your Christmas shopping success! Now I want a burger! :D

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:04 am

Mrs.Claus wrote:Tomorrow, my youngest is having her Christmas party - so today we are going shopping for it. She choose a Gingerbread/Sweets theme this year. We already purchased a few mini gingerbread village sets, so there will be enough for everyone to make a small house to take home. We're still up in the air about the ornament to make, which means we get to browse around Michael's. I'm thinking something with glitter :-). Hickory Farms is up and running in our mall and she's a huge fan of their cheese balls and beefstick, so we'll be serving that as snacks, as well as a fruit & veggie tray, and we have to have humus, too. We put out a bag of chips and snack mix, but it's the fruit and healthy snacks that go first.

Glad my US friends had a good Thanksgiving. :thanks:

What fun planning your DD's Christmas party! Luv the idea of a gingerbread/sweets theme. Good luck finishing your shopping at Michaels.....sounds like great holiday fun! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:05 am

kiwidogy_max wrote::scene: we picked up the Christmas tree today!!! A beautiful 8 footer that we cut down while the snow was falling. A perfect day. It stands in the living room and will be decorated tomorrow. We also got 2 kissing balls and a wreath. I love having a porch to decorate!

Your tree sounds beautiful kiwidogy! And I'm certain you had great fun decorating it. Did you chose a color way or a theme? Oh, and I envy you a big porch to decorate! ENJOY! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:06 am

mistletoe misfit wrote:It's snowing! :flake: We have a light dusting on the ground. :smilecc: Putting me in a very Christmassy kind of mood! :snowjump:

Yay MM! I'm picturing you making Angels in the newly fallen snow! What Christmas cheer! :snowwow:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:07 am

tinseltown wrote:Hi Cay friends ,great reading your Thanks giving posts , a lovely start to the christmas season . Its very warm here in the day but cool at night at least .Snow sounds lovely Mistletoe Misfit :smilecc: Im enjoying my christmas films early then will watch them again when everyone arrives as i usually end up serving drinks and chocs :holly1: Ging to watch The Santa Clause tonight , love all 3 movies .Things are quiet hard here with the crisis so going to make it fun by making more things at home and bargin hunting which i dont usually do but will do with Christmas spirit :smilecc: Be blessed Cay friends x :scene:

Sounds like you had a Christmasy Sunday night sipping cocoa and eating chocs! And who doesn't love those Santa Clause movies? I still wish they'd make another sequel! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:08 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:Today I got a lot of Christmas shopping done. It was nice to see the mall all decorated!!

Yes! And 2 of my neighbors had all their lights/decorations glowing in their yards last night! Christmas glow is the best! Congrats! on your shopping success! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:43 pm

I was the first in my neighborhood to put up Christmas lights. My next door neighbor was second. The guy across the street has started. The people 3 doors down have their Christmas tree all lit up in their large bay window.

I love to drive around and see all the lights and displays.
Happy, Happy, Happy!!! :D
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:53 pm

I enjoyed a good Thanksgiving with my family. For the first time ever I cooked the turkey and dressing. I thought my dressing was a disaster but it was eaten and enjoyed by all. The only problem was.....no one thought to bring pumpkin pie. It's just not Thanksgiving without the pumpkin pie. lol :dinner: A few more firsts for me this year. I did some Christmas shopping on Thanksgiving day and I didn't get my tree put up Thanksgiving night. But my house is all scrubbed and super clean so now it's time to bring out the tree and decorations. Dd wants to decorate her Poppy's house so it's time to get out the four wheeler and scout the farm for the perfect tree. There is nothing quite like the smell of a cedar Christmas tree. :scene:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:55 pm

Have fun playing in the snow MM. I know I am dreaming of a White Christmas! :sleephat: :flake: :flake: :flake:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter