2000 Posts By Christmas 2012

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: 2000 Posts By Christmas 2012

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:06 pm

Tomtemor wrote:We had snow earlier, but it does not seem to have stuck. Might get more over the weekend, It might be a white christmas afterall! :snowwow:

It's gonna be in the 70's here this weekend. I'm sure you remember what that's like this time of year.
Not very Christmasy.
:roll:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:20 pm

Wow! We just blew past our 2000 posts. Wonder what our 2013 Christmas post goal should be?? :think:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:49 pm

CandyKane wrote:Wow! We just blew past our 2000 posts. Wonder what our 2013 Christmas post goal should be?? :think:

2013, keep is christmas simple. :santa:
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:27 pm

Tomtemor wrote:We had snow earlier, but it does not seem to have stuck. Might get more over the weekend, It might be a white christmas afterall! :snowwow:

Congrats! on your first snow. Surely in cold Sweden you'll have snow for Christmas! :snowwow:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:28 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:

It's gonna be in the 70's here this weekend. I'm sure you remember what that's like this time of year.
Not very Christmasy.
:roll:

Yes it's in the 80's here for the next 10 days atleast. We're 10 degrees above normal. And this weather makes it hard for me [even after all these years] to feel like Christmas is coming. Just another reason I decorate my home inside, keep the temperatures low and use fake snow! :scene:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:30 pm

CandyKane wrote:Wow! We just blew past our 2000 posts. Wonder what our 2013 Christmas post goal should be?? :think:

Yes we made it a couple of days ago. Our new Christmas countdown goal should be a little higher, but make it possible to catch up after the dog days of summer!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby tinseltown » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:37 pm

Noel+ wrote:
Christmas Crazy wrote:I also got my Christmas card from tinseltown today. :shop:
Love it! Thanks tinseltown!
Mine will be going out soon. :D

That makes 3 of us! Thanks tinseltown for the wonderful Christmas card -- its on display as #1 card for the season in our family room! :smilecc:

Glad they got there , a little piece of CAY in your home :smilecc:
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby kiwidogy_max » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:40 pm

Thank you for the words of encouragement for wrestling with my Christmas tree. I think she is ok for now. I did have a bit of slippery ride home from work this evening from the fresh 1/2 inch of snow. It was really pretty though and I got home safely.
Love and Joy Come to You!
Santa's coming Santa's coming! I know him!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby CandyKane » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:05 pm

Finally starting to get a little Christmas Spirit. I got both of our trees up and most of the inside decorating is done. I started on the lights and decorations outside and have done most of what I can by myself. Just waiting for hubby to get some time to help me. I have a few of my Christmas cards mailed. I'm including thank you notes in some of them to the people that have helped my family so it's taking awhile. I know it's not the proper way to do it, but I don't see any point in just sending a thank you card when I can send a Christmas card. :holly1:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:07 pm

We are planning on going to Branson Missouri this weekend for the drive thru light displays. Branson is such an amazing place at Christmas time. The shows are always good and there is so much to do. :smilecc:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:09 pm

Noel+ wrote:

Congrats! on your first snow. Surely in cold Sweden you'll have snow for Christmas! :snowwow:

must have had more overnight because it was back in the morning. I have been here 4 years and we have had a white christmas for three of them. 2 years ago, the snow came in October and lasted until March/april, last year, it came a little later, but we had been white for awhile before christmas. Hubby says that growing up, they had snow most christmases....

Hubby had a preliminary diagnosis of rheumatoid arthritis and will now be referred to a hosptial with an arthritis clinic for treatment. It is a good step, but it could be three months before he gets a hospital appt. Pray for comfort, strength, and peace of mind. It has been a 3 year journey to get this far. :santa:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:35 pm

Tomtemor wrote:
Noel+ wrote:

must have had more overnight because it was back in the morning. I have been here 4 years and we have had a white christmas for three of them. 2 years ago, the snow came in October and lasted until March/april, last year, it came a little later, but we had been white for awhile before christmas. Hubby says that growing up, they had snow most christmases....

Hubby had a preliminary diagnosis of rheumatoid arthritis and will now be referred to a hosptial with an arthritis clinic for treatment. It is a good step, but it could be three months before he gets a hospital appt. Pray for comfort, strength, and peace of mind. It has been a 3 year journey to get this far. :santa:

I love White Christmases. Fingers crossed.
I hope he feels better soon. Praying for him.
Will this effect his ballet career? Or is that finished now? :P
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:50 pm

kiwidogy_max wrote:Thank you for the words of encouragement for wrestling with my Christmas tree. I think she is ok for now. I did have a bit of slippery ride home from work this evening from the fresh 1/2 inch of snow. It was really pretty though and I got home safely.

First of all, so glad you are home safe! Driving on black ice is a scary proposition!

Snow is mesmerizing beautiful to me too. It coats the world in silent glory.

And, my tree is only lasting this year too. Charlie Brown trees leave good memories! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:52 pm

CandyKane wrote:Finally starting to get a little Christmas Spirit. I got both of our trees up and most of the inside decorating is done. I started on the lights and decorations outside and have done most of what I can by myself. Just waiting for hubby to get some time to help me. I have a few of my Christmas cards mailed. I'm including thank you notes in some of them to the people that have helped my family so it's taking awhile. I know it's not the proper way to do it, but I don't see any point in just sending a thank you card when I can send a Christmas card. :holly1:

CandyKane, you must be one of Santa's elfs! I marvel you decorated 2 trees and the house in 1 day?!?! It took me several days to do it all. Kudos! :smilecc:

Your Christmas spirit is shining with your creative way of giving thanks to family/friends in your Christmas cards. I think it is a beautiful gesture they will always cherish!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:53 pm

CandyKane wrote:We are planning on going to Branson Missouri this weekend for the drive thru light displays. Branson is such an amazing place at Christmas time. The shows are always good and there is so much to do. :smilecc:

That will give you more Christmas spirit --- it would me. Please take some snapshots - if you have the time - and post them for us to share with you. ENJOY! :gbhouse:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:56 pm

Tomtemor wrote:
Noel+ wrote:

Thanks for sharing about snow in Sweden on Christmas. I'm hoping you have a White Christmas this year too!

As for your hubby: the appointment takes so long due to the healthcare plan, right?

The good news! The treatments for rheumatoid arthritis have greatly improved over the last 4-5 years. My parents were on pain meds only, but they have better options now. Both of you are in my prayers for comfort, strength and peace from God! HUGS :merrysleigh:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby kiwidogy_max » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:00 am

CandyKane, I hope you have a wonderful trip to Branson Missouri during this Christmas season! I hope you can post some pictures!! It sounds lovely!!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:00 am

Noel+ wrote:As for your hubby: the appointment takes so long due to the healthcare plan, right?

The good news! The treatments for rheumatoid arthritis have greatly improved over the last 4-5 years. My parents were on pain meds only, but they have better options now. Both of you are in my prayers for comfort, strength and peace from God! HUGS :merrysleigh: [/color]

Yes, it takes so long because of the national social healthcare. Everything is wait, wait, wait. We have been three years on this journey and hubby finally hit on two young drs who actually LISTEN and seem to care. I feel like we are on the right track, just wish the train were a bit faster. They prescribed anaprox, something I used to take for cramps and PMS but only 500 mg, I know he can safely take more so I told him to supplement it with the over the counter version, 250 mg. The drs here are not big on prescribing things because of expense, we pay a percentage and after a certain amount, the rest is free. He was on a low dose steroid from the eye dr that was a "miracle cure", but they would not prescribe that. He has to wait to go through the arthritis clinic and have ex rays. Right now he is just trying to function and keep working.

As much as it pains me, I have decided to not bring up the christmas decorating. I will do what I can with what we have a in the christmas in july bag, but I cannot bring up the big box from the basement myself and he says he finds the prospect "terrifying..........". It is not worth it. We did buy some new Christmas stars, swedish thing, to go in the windows and a few things from the store. We even bought a plastic advent candle holder (cannot say "wreath" since it is a rectangle) I can use in the kitchen. The important thing is that we are together.

We all know Christmas is in the heart anyway. :D :gbhouse: :scene:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:58 am

Here is a question for Christmas Crazy. If Friday Christmases happen when it is not Christmas, then what happens on Fridays DURING Christmas? Have to come up with something..........maybe Eggnog Fridays?
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby kiwidogy_max » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:29 am

What are Friday Christmases? I am intrigued...
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter