2000 Posts By Christmas 2012

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: 2000 Posts By Christmas 2012

Postby kiwidogy_max » Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:55 pm

Thank you for the explanation of Christmas Fridays. I really like that idea!
Love and Joy Come to You!
Santa's coming Santa's coming! I know him!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby Mrs.Claus » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:08 pm

Another volunteer and I put up the Christmas Tree at school on Wednesday - looks great!! It has white lights (not enough, okay never enough lights), silver garland, and some store-bought balls and some hand-me-down ornaments. Can't wait to have the handmade student ornaments put up as soon as the teachers do it as their art lessons.

The school Christmas concert has already been moved from a big evening event to a much smaller, during the school day event because of the issues between the teacher's union and the government.
~ Mrs. Claus ~

Mrs.Claus
The Mrs.

Postby kiwidogy_max » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:25 pm

It is nice to see you decorating for Christmas in school. We are limited as to what we can display at the school I work at. Today I did put a snowman and Christmas tree decoration on my desk. Hopefully I get to leave it there. :blinky1:
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby Noel+ » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:30 pm

kiwidogy_max wrote:Thank you for the explanation of Christmas Fridays. I really like that idea!

Two big thumbs up for that Chrismasy idea! :D

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:31 pm

Mrs.Claus wrote:Another volunteer and I put up the Christmas Tree at school on Wednesday - looks great!! It has white lights (not enough, okay never enough lights), silver garland, and some store-bought balls and some hand-me-down ornaments. Can't wait to have the handmade student ornaments put up as soon as the teachers do it as their art lessons.

The school Christmas concert has already been moved from a big evening event to a much smaller, during the school day event because of the issues between the teacher's union and the government.

The tree sounds lovely Mrs. C. If you took a snapshot, please post it so we may all see your team handiwork. Christmas joy for the students - yay! :D

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:33 pm

[quote="kiwidogy_max"]It is nice to see you decorating for Christmas in school. We are limited as to what we can display at the school I work at. Today I did put a snowman and Christmas tree decoration on my desk. Hopefully I get to leave it there. :blinky1:[/quote

Yes, its that way here too. I have family/friends who are teachers and they are totally exasperated over the atheist protests that sway the school board. They cannot sing carols, use red/green paper, or any Christmas references. They can sing "smile" but a single Christmas carol. It breaks my heart to know so many children are robbed of the joy of Christmas I experienced as a student in school.

Hoping you get to keep your decorations all Christmas season kiwidogy!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:35 pm

We are having a family Christmas film night. They decided to watch Santa Baby and Santa Baby 2 on ABC Family after a movie on Hallmark. All the decorations are glowing, and the Charlie Brown tree is still pretty in the dark with its twinkling lights. All weekend I can rest, relax and enjoy.

Oh, well, I do have 3 glitter figures I cannot get the battery doors to open so I'll be writing Christmas cards tomorrow and hoping to solve that mystery!

Merry Christmas weekend all my CAY friends! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:24 am

Mrs.Claus wrote:Another volunteer and I put up the Christmas Tree at school on Wednesday - looks great!! It has white lights (not enough, okay never enough lights), silver garland, and some store-bought balls and some hand-me-down ornaments. Can't wait to have the handmade student ornaments put up as soon as the teachers do it as their art lessons.

So sad...........here it is the custom for schools to have an "advent" service in a church at the beginning of advent. I read an article that said some where trying to say that they could not mention "God" in the "advent" service................(fingers on head trying to ward off a migraine.........) Christmas without Christ is just a winter light festival, fun but meaningless. :scene:
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:26 am

Noel+ wrote:We are having a family Christmas film night. They decided to watch Santa Baby and Santa Baby 2 on ABC Family after a movie on Hallmark. All the decorations are glowing, and the Charlie Brown tree is still pretty in the dark with its twinkling lights. All weekend I can rest, relax and enjoy.

Oh, well, I do have 3 glitter figures I cannot get the battery doors to open so I'll be writing Christmas cards tomorrow and hoping to solve that mystery!

Merry Christmas weekend all my CAY friends! :smilecc:

sounds like a lovely christmas evening. :gbhouse:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:49 am

Tomtemor wrote:

So sad...........here it is the custom for schools to have an "advent" service in a church at the beginning of advent. I read an article that said some where trying to say that they could not mention "God" in the "advent" service................(fingers on head trying to ward off a migraine.........) Christmas without Christ is just a winter light festival, fun but meaningless. :scene:

So truthfully and beautifully stated Jennifer! :nav2:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:50 am

:snowwow: Silly me I woke up at 4am! The house is quiet, decorated in Christmas cheer, and I'm sipping hot cocoa! My cd player has the new Celtic Woman Christmas album playing........this is my adult version of 'sugar plums dancing in their head' moment! :snowwow:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:26 pm

Noel+ wrote: :snowwow: Silly me I woke up at 4am! The house is quiet, decorated in Christmas cheer, and I'm sipping hot cocoa! My cd player has the new Celtic Woman Christmas album playing........this is my adult version of 'sugar plums dancing in their head' moment! :snowwow:

NICE!
Love that Christmas feeling.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:22 pm

Hej Christmas friends, any ideas for what could go into hubby´s or the cat´s christmas crackers? I have two toilet paper rolls for the cats and 2 kitchen paper rolls for us. Hubby said dry food for the cats.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby kiwidogy_max » Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:34 pm

Christmas crackers for the cats...brilliant! I have never tried to make my own. I have only bought them.
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:39 pm

kiwidogy_max wrote:Christmas crackers for the cats...brilliant! I have never tried to make my own. I have only bought them.

http://www.oldenglishcrackers.com/make- ... ackers.htm

I posted that a few days ago, but there it is again. We are too old to have kids, have to be inventive. It´s what makes Christmas fun. :elfgrin: :scene: :snowwow:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:20 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:
Noel+ wrote: :snowwow: Silly me I woke up at 4am! The house is quiet, decorated in Christmas cheer, and I'm sipping hot cocoa! My cd player has the new Celtic Woman Christmas album playing........this is my adult version of 'sugar plums dancing in their head' moment! :snowwow:

NICE!
Love that Christmas feeling.

Hope your Saturday is filled with that wonderful Christmas feeling, Christmas Crazy! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:21 pm

Tomtemor wrote:Hej Christmas friends, any ideas for what could go into hubby´s or the cat´s christmas crackers? I have two toilet paper rolls for the cats and 2 kitchen paper rolls for us. Hubby said dry food for the cats.

Well we put treats in the crackers for our dogs/cats. And sometimes catnip!

For your DH: what about a candybar/homemade cookie that he loves?

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:13 pm

A beautiful Sunday day of worship, rest and fun Christmas movies. We even sneaked in How To Train Your Dragon on FXM!

My to-do list for tomorrow is longer than my arm! HO HO HO :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:49 pm

We enjoyed a fabulous weekend in Branson. We did the Ride the Ducks Holiday Light tour this year. We have driven through the trail of lights many times, but this tour was so much fun. We also enjoyed the indoor waterpark and the must see Christmas show at the Dixie Stampede. It's awesome! Hopefully we'll go back next weekend for the old fashioned Christmas at Silver Dollar City. We made it home just in time to go to church this morning. I helped put up two Christmas trees and lots of decorations. Glad to finally be getting some Spirit. :holly1:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby kiwidogy_max » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:49 pm

CandyKane- that sounds like an amazing weekend! What a great way to welcome December! Good Christmassy fun!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter