2000 Posts By Christmas 2012

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: 2000 Posts By Christmas 2012

Postby kiwidogy_max » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:54 pm

Today I wrestled with and lost to hanging icicle lights along the porch roofline. It was a learning experience though! Tomorrow I will be picking up some 3 foot artificial potted trees for the torch and a 6 foot prelit Christmas tree for the dining room. It will be a dream come true...2 trees in the house! :scene:
Love and Joy Come to You!
Santa's coming Santa's coming! I know him!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:56 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:Today I wrestled with and lost to hanging icicle lights along the porch roofline. It was a learning experience though! Tomorrow I will be picking up some 3 foot artificial potted trees for the torch and a 6 foot prelit Christmas tree for the dining room. It will be a dream come true...2 trees in the house! :scene:

That's the Christmas spirit kiwi! Don't let them lights get you down. :elfgrin:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:59 am

CandyKane wrote:We enjoyed a fabulous weekend in Branson. We did the Ride the Ducks Holiday Light tour this year. We have driven through the trail of lights many times, but this tour was so much fun. We also enjoyed the indoor waterpark and the must see Christmas show at the Dixie Stampede. It's awesome! Hopefully we'll go back next weekend for the old fashioned Christmas at Silver Dollar City. We made it home just in time to go to church this morning. I helped put up two Christmas trees and lots of decorations. Glad to finally be getting some Spirit. :holly1:

Ooh. I'm a Christmas shade green with envy. It sounds like you had a great time.
I would love to see those lights. :lights:
Last edited by Christmas Crazy on Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:18 am

CandyKane wrote:We enjoyed a fabulous weekend in Branson. We did the Ride the Ducks Holiday Light tour this year. We have driven through the trail of lights many times, but this tour was so much fun. We also enjoyed the indoor waterpark and the must see Christmas show at the Dixie Stampede. It's awesome! Hopefully we'll go back next weekend for the old fashioned Christmas at Silver Dollar City. We made it home just in time to go to church this morning. I helped put up two Christmas trees and lots of decorations. Glad to finally be getting some Spirit. :holly1:

Wow, you must be exhausted! I have been to St. Louis several times but never Branson. It must be beautiful at Christmas time. :snowwow:
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:22 am

Just watched the Dr Who 2011 Christmas special and The Dog Who Saved Christmas. That was cute and has a GREAT soundtrack. I do not know if it is available commercially, but I sure would like to have it. Too Christmas cute!
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:08 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:Today I wrestled with and lost to hanging icicle lights along the porch roofline. It was a learning experience though! Tomorrow I will be picking up some 3 foot artificial potted trees for the torch and a 6 foot prelit Christmas tree for the dining room. It will be a dream come true...2 trees in the house! :scene:

Yes, there's nothing like the battle with the Christmas lights! Even with the Light Keeper Pro sometimes the strings just have to go! Much easier and big time saver just to replace them. :blinky1:

Congrats! on getting your 2nd tree in the house!! That's a true decorating delight! :holly1:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:11 am

What a beautiful Christmas vacation, CandyKane! Who has replaced Andy Williams with a Christmas program spectacle?? The Ducks Holiday Light tour is a hoot!

Kudso! on also putting up your 2 trees and decorating them after church! Now your home will sparkle too!

And, of course, your generous heart is being filled with the Spirit because of your faithful trust in God. Be blessed! :angelmerry:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:12 am

Tomtemor wrote:Just watched the Dr Who 2011 Christmas special and The Dog Who Saved Christmas. That was cute and has a GREAT soundtrack. I do not know if it is available commercially, but I sure would like to have it. Too Christmas cute!

Yes it played on Hallmark yesterday and it is a cute movie. Its available on Amazon according to my DH. So hopefully you'll be able to see it every Christmas! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:14 am

Today I want to finish my Christmas cards and then post them! It takes me time to find just the right card for the right person, plus family needs a Chris :smilecc: tmas letter too.

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:15 pm

My day was a good one, however, my Christmas 'to do list' was not completed.

All my Christmas cards are ready to mail. Several need postage........the last of my Christmas stamps from 2011 ran out. It is such a joy to pick the card I think the receiver will be blessed with this holiday!

Time for a Christmas movie on tv, and then a good nights sleep!

Hope ya'll had a wonderful Monday! :scene:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby kiwidogy_max » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:45 am

Didn't find the right tree to be our 2nd Christmas tree in the house. I vow to continue my search tomorrow.
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:03 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:Didn't find the right tree to be our 2nd Christmas tree in the house. I vow to continue my search tomorrow.

You can do it! Happy Christmas tree hunting.
:peek:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:54 pm

kiwidogy_max wrote:Didn't find the right tree to be our 2nd Christmas tree in the house. I vow to continue my search tomorrow.

Are you looking for a real or artificial Christmas tree? Good luck with your search! :santa:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:57 pm

Woke up to a thunderstorm this morning. Thunder, lightning, and pouring down rain. Such a welcome surprise. Now the fog has moved in and it's so dark I turned on the Christmas lights. Taking a break from the housework now and watching the Polar Express. :smilecc:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby kiwidogy_max » Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:25 pm

I am looking for a prelit artificial Christmas tree that is between 6.5 and 7.5 feet. Thank you for the support!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby CandyKane » Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:32 pm

I bought our 7 foot prelit tree at Wal-Mart about 7 years ago. Every year I plug it in and pray that everything works right. Thankfully it still looks and works perfect. Home Depot and Lowes have some beautiful trees. For a second tree you might consider getting a white artificial tree. They look incredible when decorated. It's just a thought. Don't worry, the perfect tree is out there waiting for you. :D

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:35 pm

Every year we hang stockings for our pets but this year dd decided that wasn't enough. She found her dog Bentley his very own Christmas tree. It's about a foot and a half tall, is blue and silver tinsel, and is prelit with white lights. She decorated it and put it right beside her pink tree so Santa couldn't miss it. :lol:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:10 pm

Wishing you success on your hunt for the Christmas tree kiwidogy! Never give up is a perfect motto this time of year! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:11 pm

CandyKane wrote:Woke up to a thunderstorm this morning. Thunder, lightning, and pouring down rain. Such a welcome surprise. Now the fog has moved in and it's so dark I turned on the Christmas lights. Taking a break from the housework now and watching the Polar Express. :smilecc:

How perfect that the weather turned for you CandyKane! There's nothing better than a misty snowy or rainy day to make the Christmas lights gleam stronger! And good for you taking a break with a super movie like The Polar Express! ENJOY!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:12 pm

CandyKane wrote:Every year we hang stockings for our pets but this year dd decided that wasn't enough. She found her dog Bentley his very own Christmas tree. It's about a foot and a half tall, is blue and silver tinsel, and is prelit with white lights. She decorated it and put it right beside her pink tree so Santa couldn't miss it. :lol:

That's delightful! We have stockings/treats for our pets but none of us every thought about a pet tree. Your Dh is creative! I'm certain Santa will love it! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter