2000 Posts By Christmas 2012

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: 2000 Posts By Christmas 2012

Postby Noel+ » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:14 pm

This afternoon I finished all my Christmasy errands: dropped off Christmas cards & packages at the post office; another repair on the car to be safe this season; picked up some candy items for baking and the dollar store had some cute decorations.

All the work is done and in an hour we're going to watch The Christmas Box on GMC! Then CBS has Rudolph on tonight and the children are so excited.

Enjoy the movies tonight - whatever you watch - we're closer to Christmas! :scene:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby kiwidogy_max » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:12 am

I did get 2 little trees for the porch. They are going to make the house look more and more like a Christmas wonderland. I am looking forward to picking out my parents tree this weekend.
Love and Joy Come to You!
Santa's coming Santa's coming! I know him!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:21 am

Having a snow storm today. Hubby said we are expecting 30 cm of snow. I really hope I can get to my interview tomorrow!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdN6mg5J ... e=youtu.be

Here is a sample youtube video for a "julkalendar" made by Tomteland, the park we applied for jobs as park managers a few years ago. A "julkalendar" is also a television show and radio show (different story lines) that is aired December 1-24. This year the tv calandar is about a family that moves into a haunted castle. It is a follow up to one that was done in the last ten years. You can watch it on http://www.svt.se.

The Tomteland kalendar is showing you how to make homemade christmas gifts each day. It is cute, but I would have had a storyline. Maybe the halloween witch kidnaps santa or one of the elves goes missing. etc. See, they should have hired us!

Praying tomorrow brings that Christmas miracle! :snowball: :cold: :snowkiss:
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:44 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:I did get 2 little trees for the porch. They are going to make the house look more and more like a Christmas wonderland. I am looking forward to picking out my parents tree this weekend.

Good for you! It definitely sounds like a Christmas wonderland in progress kiwidogy! :D

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:45 am

Tomtemor wrote:Having a snow storm today. Hubby said we are expecting 30 cm of snow. I really hope I can get to my interview tomorrow!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdN6mg5J ... e=youtu.be

Here is a sample youtube video for a "julkalendar" made by Tomteland, the park we applied for jobs as park managers a few years ago. A "julkalendar" is also a television show and radio show (different story lines) that is aired December 1-24. This year the tv calandar is about a family that moves into a haunted castle. It is a follow up to one that was done in the last ten years. You can watch it on http://www.svt.se.

The Tomteland kalendar is showing you how to make homemade christmas gifts each day. It is cute, but I would have had a storyline. Maybe the halloween witch kidnaps santa or one of the elves goes missing. etc. See, they should have hired us!

Praying tomorrow brings that Christmas miracle! :snowball: :cold: :snowkiss:

Enjoyed the video! Even though I don't understand Swedish the music was upbeat too. Enjoy the snow and hoping you have a clear road to the interview! :snowwow: Praying for a Christmas miracle!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby tinseltown » Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:54 pm

Hi Cay friends hope you all ok and feeling festive :smilecc: Had a christmas coffee today so we are in the holiday mode now :D Root canal finally done 3 and half hours in the chair so you can imagine not easy :cry: But praise God im on my way to finishing with the darn thing . Dad here and enjoying it . Water hearter just broke down and my bathroom is like a war zone so more cleaning tomorrow but at least hubby as fixed it :smilecc: One of my friends this morning said after visiting me she now as got her christmas spirit so its lovely that she felt that :smilecc: Blessings to all :snowwow:
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby Noel+ » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:14 pm

Hi Tinseltown!

First, I received your delightful Christmas card and appreciate it very much. It's hanging on the 'wall of honor' for all to see!

Sometimes I think bad things happen before Christmas to try and steal our joy. BUT, as you said, God blesses and our joy is greater! So glad your ordeal with the root canal is finished, your mouth healing, and your hubby can fix the water heater!! That's the Christmas spirit my friend!

Enjoy your Dad and the friend you blessed with Christmas spirit and may your joy increase 10 fold! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:16 pm

Well, its been a nice quiet day of Christmas movies and music! I feel totally spoiled after the past busy 4 days.

We watched The Christmas Secret - again! - on Hallmark. Then Elf is on now on ABC followed by the Polar Express! What a great day!

As my granny used to say: "Christmas time is a comin'!" :sing:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:40 am

My dd is determined to decorate her Poppy's house for Christmas. Yesterday after school they went on a tree scouting mission. We're going to go back Saturday and cut down the 'perfect' tree that they found. While they were gone, I finally got up the nerve to go in the storage building and go through some of my Mom's Christmas stuff. It broke my heart, but was also healing at the same time. Mom would want her stuff used and enjoyed. :angel: :angelmerry:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:42 am

Dd's teacher sent home a list of Christmas activities for her classroom and for the school yesterday. It added 8 more activites to our already jam packed calendar. Thanking God for a very active kindergartener who is helping all of us through a very rough Christmas. :rabstar:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:46 pm

CandyKane wrote:My dd is determined to decorate her Poppy's house for Christmas. Yesterday after school they went on a tree scouting mission. We're going to go back Saturday and cut down the 'perfect' tree that they found. While they were gone, I finally got up the nerve to go in the storage building and go through some of my Mom's Christmas stuff. It broke my heart, but was also healing at the same time. Mom would want her stuff used and enjoyed. :angel: :angelmerry:

Your precious DD's heart is overflowing with the true Christmas spirit, CandyKane. She's a joy to read about it and I expect Poppy's house will gleam when she is finished!

I do understand about going through your Mom's decorations. You were so kind to me when my Mom passed 2 years ago.........I know how deep it hurts, yet we know our Mom's would want us to use their treasures. If any time of the season can help heal a grieving heart, may this one be yours. Hugs & Prayers! :rabstar:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:47 pm

CandyKane wrote:Dd's teacher sent home a list of Christmas activities for her classroom and for the school yesterday. It added 8 more activites to our already jam packed calendar. Thanking God for a very active kindergartener who is helping all of us through a very rough Christmas. :rabstar:

The simple faith of a child is inspiring! Bless her heart and yours CK!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:37 pm

This link to YouTube was sent to me by a friend. It is a video by a christian choir about the "war on Christmas". If you'd like to see it, here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ln01p1M2cH0

Enjoy Christmas! :singing:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby ksrjreed » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:01 pm

Hello fellow CAYer's

Hope everyone is enjoying their day, mine has been a little nerve racking but still with Christmas in my heart and God in my soul I know I can survive whatever life throws at me.

Christmas shopping in the ksrjreed household is officially finished, much faster than last year too. I am off of work for a few days due to an injury, I am still able to get up and move around but do to some of the medication they put me on they do not want me driving. Received my first card from the card exchange this year and it was a beautiful card that I will cherish getting from one of my CAY friends. Hope everyone enjoys the rest of their day and hope to talk soon. :smilecc:

Some men are Baptists, others Catholics; my father was an Oldsmobile man.
ksrjreed
Bow Maker

Location: Helping the Old Man Change a Tire,,,,,,,OH FUDGE!!!

Postby Noel+ » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:54 pm

praying for a speedy healing! We want you completely whole this Christmas!

Contests on finishing your hohoho shopping. Now you can just enjoy all the joys of Christmas!

Rest....heal.....be blessed

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:21 am

Merry Friday Christmas!
Busy, busy, busy.
I'm going to try and finish my Christmas shopping today.
5 stores minimum to visit. If I find everything.
Take my Christmas cards to the post office.
And finish the laundry.
Wish me luck!
I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmasy day! :santa:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:14 am

Merry Christmas Friday!

Have fun doing your Christmasy chores, Christmas Crazy!

My day has some personal family issues to be handled. 3 Christmas packages arrived yesterday, and today my candy should arrive. It feels like Christmas! :scene:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby FatherChristmas » Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:37 pm

Hey guys, sorry I've been gone for a while. It's been a crazy couple of months. Hope everyone is having a blessed December :)
FatherChristmas
Bulb Tester

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:58 pm

Good to hear from you FatherChristmas. Glad your back.
Do you have your Christmas shopping done?
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby kiwidogy_max » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:28 pm

Christmas Crazy, I hope you got all of your tasks done for today! It sounds like a busy day!
Love and Joy Come to You!
Santa's coming Santa's coming! I know him!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter