2000 Posts By Christmas 2012

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: 2000 Posts By Christmas 2012

Postby kiwidogy_max » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:29 pm

I am happy because I bought a Christmas album by the Boston Pops! I am looking forward to listening to it tomorrow on the way to picking up my parents' tree!
Love and Joy Come to You!
Santa's coming Santa's coming! I know him!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby Noel+ » Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:38 am

FatherChristmas wrote:Hey guys, sorry I've been gone for a while. It's been a crazy couple of months. Hope everyone is having a blessed December :)

it's nice to see you back at Christmas All Year, Father Christmas. We're all being blessed, but have missed you. Enjoy Christmas! :smilecc:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:39 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:I am happy because I bought a Christmas album by the Boston Pops! I am looking forward to listening to it tomorrow on the way to picking up my parents' tree!

:singing: I have some of the older Boston Pops cds and just love them. I play Manheim Steamroller and Trans-Siberian Orchestra too. Christmas music is the best - enjoy your new album this weekend kiwidogy! :D

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby FatherChristmas » Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:46 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:Good to hear from you FatherChristmas. Glad your back.
Do you have your Christmas shopping done?

Yes, I finished all of my shopping online the day after Thanksgiving. I think that is going to be the only way I shop for presents from now on :D
FatherChristmas
Bulb Tester

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:11 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:Christmas Crazy, I hope you got all of your tasks done for today! It sounds like a busy day!

I did. :D
Including my Christmas shopping. Only one more present to buy, and it's online.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:17 am

We watched Charles Dickens' "A Christmas Carol" last night. I love that movie.
:smilecc:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:17 pm

FatherChristmas wrote:

Yes, I finished all of my shopping online the day after Thanksgiving. I think that is going to be the only way I shop for presents from now on :D

That's great news Father Christmas. I did much of my shopping online - throughout the year - and it is a great time saver! :shop:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:18 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:We watched Charles Dickens' "A Christmas Carol" last night. I love that movie.
:smilecc:

i love the book and the movie. We watched the DIsney version last night -- did you? My other fave is the one with George C Scott. Here's to more Christmas movie watching tonight! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:20 pm

So far today I've been making Christmas candy. The chocolate-covered cherries are completed and I use much less sugar than store boughten varieties. Also the chocolate mint rounds, carmel covered chocolate, and turtles are all completed. This year, as last, I am not making fudge...........well, so far........because I can't stop eating it! LOL! :dinner: :lol:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby FatherChristmas » Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:26 pm

Noel+ wrote:
FatherChristmas wrote:

That's great news Father Christmas. I did much of my shopping online - throughout the year - and it is a great time saver! :shop:

I know, right? I don't understand why people go shopping on Black Friday when it is so easy online. Maybe for tradition?
FatherChristmas
Bulb Tester

Postby Noel+ » Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:29 pm

Yes, I think you are right Father Christmas. My siblings shop Black Friday every year. I tried it once -- the crowds, merchandise, waiting in line is definitely not for me! I take my time online - find bargains - and reduced shipping and then have packages delivered to my front door! Now that's simplified Christmas shopping at its best -- no stress, no strain and no worries! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:08 am

Greetings Christmas Friends! My computer once again decided it does not like CAY and stopped sending me alerts. It does this every now and then and I have to go back in and check my settings. My interview on Thursday seemed to go well, how well remains to be seen. Hubby had a tough time getting home in Wednesday´s blizzard and spent two days in bed. I suspect it was not good for his untreated arthritis which seems to get worse with stress. We are expecting another blizzard this week, praying it is not so bad that public transport shuts down. Sadly, those in charge really do not care about the people they strand. I am terrified to go out this week, but must on wednesday and thursday.

On a happier note, I put up the nativity set in the kitchen and think I did make room for the small christmas in july tree. Not sure what I will put on it, I really don´t want to use the hawaiian ornaments again, maybe I can get something small and cheap at the local grocery. With the living room basically unusable, having a small tree in the kitchen suits me just fine. It is too christmas cute! :nav1: :treewiggle:
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:33 pm

So glad your computer system is working again so you can visit us at CAY! You were missed! :wink:

Very sorry to hear your DH is not feeling well. I've been stuck in a blizzard........walked a long way in one........and it is exhausting! Hopefully after a few days of rest and care from you he will heal quickly. Be careful when you got this week!

Kudos! on your kitchen decorating. Why not put cookie cutters on your tree? That would be cute. The most important is the nativity set........it will comfort & inspire you during those white outs.

Have a lovely Sunday! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:35 pm

It's a quiet Sunday while we watch Christmas shows, admire the lights & decorations, and prepare for a new week.

I've decided not to make cookies for the family Christmas meal on Christmas Eve. I want to make cupcakes and decorate the tops like wreaths, snowmen & Santa!

In the meantime, I have to be a good girl, because I've gained 2 lbs. from 'tasting' the goodies!

Have a great Sunday all my CAY friends! :scene:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby tinseltown » Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:45 pm

Noel+ wrote:Hi Tinseltown!

First, I received your delightful Christmas card and appreciate it very much. It's hanging on the 'wall of honor' for all to see!

Sometimes I think bad things happen before Christmas to try and steal our joy. BUT, as you said, God blesses and our joy is greater! So glad your ordeal with the root canal is finished, your mouth healing, and your hubby can fix the water heater!! That's the Christmas spirit my friend!

Enjoy your Dad and the friend you blessed with Christmas spirit and may your joy increase 10 fold! :smilecc:

Thanks dear Noel yes the spirit of Christmas fills us at our time of need . Be blessed x
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby tinseltown » Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:53 pm

Love your art work noel . Just watched Santa Who , a nice family movie . :smilecc: Baking more cakes tomorrow for my christmas coffee mornings :dinner: Want to go and by dog food to deliver to animal shelters tomorrow and from our bible study we have collected money so we will go and buy shopping and deliver it to some boys from Africa who are living nearby in terrible conditions . Also we are buying a goat ,yes a goat , for a family in Africa . Feels so nice to give at this special time of year , thats what our Lord is all about :smilecc: Praying for all of you health , work etc . Be blessed my CAY friends xx :smilecc:
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby Noel+ » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:19 pm

tinseltown wrote:Love your art work noel . Just watched Santa Who , a nice family movie . :smilecc: Baking more cakes tomorrow for my christmas coffee mornings :dinner: Want to go and by dog food to deliver to animal shelters tomorrow and from our bible study we have collected money so we will go and buy shopping and deliver it to some boys from Africa who are living nearby in terrible conditions . Also we are buying a goat ,yes a goat , for a family in Africa . Feels so nice to give at this special time of year , thats what our Lord is all about :smilecc: Praying for all of you health , work etc . Be blessed my CAY friends xx :smilecc:

Your generosity honors our Lord and is flowing with Christmas spirit. You are a true giver, tinseltown! Enjoy your week of giving! :angelmerry:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:58 am

Noel+ wrote:So glad your computer system is working again so you can visit us at CAY! You were missed! :wink:

Kudos! on your kitchen decorating. Why not put cookie cutters on your tree? That would be cute. The most important is the nativity set........it will comfort & inspire you during those white outs.

Have a lovely Sunday! :smilecc:

Now that IS a GREAT Christmas idea! :elfgrin: :treewiggle: :snowwow:
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:59 pm

Have fun decorating your Christmas tree! :treeclap: :treehat:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:00 pm

Today I have a few items on my Christmas to-do list that I need to complete.

Last night we watched the Prep & Landing specials on ABC. Adorable!

Tonight: Miracle on 34th Street has been requested again.

Enjoy your Monday! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter