2000 Posts By Christmas 2012

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: 2000 Posts By Christmas 2012

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:01 pm

Noel+ wrote:Have fun decorating your Christmas tree! :treeclap: :treehat:

I found a bag of decorations with small blue and gold beads and the swedish flags it is "tradition" to use in a box. And I found some small crochet type ornaments for almost nothing at the store. I am amazed at how this is shaping up.

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/mint-wh ... 000125285/

There is a recipe for an alternative to eggnog (alcohol optional) if one does not want to consume egg products. I found it on another forum. When do our Christmas friends drink their eggnog? parties? at home? Christmas eve? Christmas day? Boxing Day? anytime during the season? We have so much stuff going on that I never manage to find the "right" time.
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby tinseltown » Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:54 pm

Love eggnog will have a go at this one . Really busy days now ,filled with christmas festivities which is great . Doing my first christmas dinner for the local priests next week and boy do they have good appetites :dinner: Roast pork and all the trimmings and toffee sticky puddings for desert .tomorrrow got the bible study group coming for mincepies and carrot cake want to spoil them , youre all invited x :smilecc:
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby kiwidogy_max » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:02 am

That looks like a great recipe as an additional drink to eggnog (why choose?). Just finished watching the Patriots game with friends. Great game!! My buddies complimented me on my Christmas village!
Love and Joy Come to You!
Santa's coming Santa's coming! I know him!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby kiwidogy_max » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:04 am

This coming weekend we are visiting my brother and checking out Rockefeller Center in New York City. I am looking forward to seeing the tree! Maybe some ice skating!!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby Noel+ » Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:01 am

Tomtemor wrote:
Noel+ wrote:Have fun decorating your Christmas tree! :treeclap: :treehat:

I found a bag of decorations with small blue and gold beads and the swedish flags it is "tradition" to use in a box. And I found some small crochet type ornaments for almost nothing at the store. I am amazed at how this is shaping up.

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/mint-wh ... 000125285/

There is a recipe for an alternative to eggnog (alcohol optional) if one does not want to consume egg products. I found it on another forum. When do our Christmas friends drink their eggnog? parties? at home? Christmas eve? Christmas day? Boxing Day? anytime during the season? We have so much stuff going on that I never manage to find the "right" time.

My family drinks Eggnog on Thanksgiving night and all throughout the Christmas Season. And absolutely positively on Christmas Eve!

Congrats! on finding the type of ornaments you want to use on your tree! ENJOY! :holly1: :smilecc:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:02 am

tinseltown wrote:Love eggnog will have a go at this one . Really busy days now ,filled with christmas festivities which is great . Doing my first christmas dinner for the local priests next week and boy do they have good appetites :dinner: Roast pork and all the trimmings and toffee sticky puddings for desert .tomorrrow got the bible study group coming for mincepies and carrot cake want to spoil them , youre all invited x :smilecc:

Your Christmas celebrations sound wonderful! I am certain the priests appreciate the invite as much as the food. And your bible study group is having some yummy deserts! :dinner:

Thanks for the invite! If I could drive there I would be there to meet you in person tinseltown. Just loved your Christmas card! :D

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:03 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:This coming weekend we are visiting my brother and checking out Rockefeller Center in New York City. I am looking forward to seeing the tree! Maybe some ice skating!!

What a fun weekend visiting Rockefeller Center, that gorgeous tree and some ice skating. Enjoy every minute! Now that's celebrating Christmas! :scene:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:05 am

Today was so very busy but I checked off all but 1 item on my to do list. YAY! :D

The house is spotless, I have plans with my sister to see The Hobbit/visit this Saturday and with my brother on Christmas Eve. Christmas Day we're all together! :smilecc:

A friend of mine has had some diabetic improvements and we're celebrating her joy!

Christmas is so close................ :snowwow:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:05 am

Thanks for the cute snowmen Christmas card Christmas Crazy. I just love it! Its hanging with Tinseltown's card on the wall of honor! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:45 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:That looks like a great recipe as an additional drink to eggnog (why choose?). Just finished watching the Patriots game with friends. Great game!! My buddies complimented me on my Christmas village!

I posted a few eggnog recipes earlier in the month since we have to make our own and some members expressed reluctance at using egg products. Somewhere I have a recipe for "white hot chocolate" that could be nice this time of year as well. So many good Christmas food and drinks this time of year!

Hubby said we can have an "american" ham this year. Woohoo! He means glazed or baked, something other than the swedish mustard crust (yuck). Now I have to look at my recipes again. I told him that American hams are eaten on Christmas day though (at least in my family). Hee hee. :scene:
Last edited by Jolly O'Leary on Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:39 am

Noel+ wrote:Thanks for the cute snowmen Christmas card Christmas Crazy. I just love it! Its hanging with Tinseltown's card on the wall of honor! :smilecc:

Loved your Christmas card as well. :elfgrin:
My wife LOVES snowmen. So when she saw those cards at Hobby Lobby, she just had to get them. :D
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:28 pm

Tomtemor wrote:
kiwidogy_max wrote:That looks like a great recipe as an additional drink to eggnog (why choose?). Just finished watching the Patriots game with friends. Great game!! My buddies complimented me on my Christmas village!

I posted a few eggnog recipes earlier in the month since we have to make our own and some members expressed reluctance at using egg products. Somewhere I have a recipe for "white hot chocolate" that could be nice this time of year as well. So many good Christmas food and drinks this time of year!

Hubby said we can have an "american" ham this year. Woohoo! He means glazed or baked, something other than the swedish mustard crust (yuck). Now I have to look at my recipes again. I told him that American hams are eaten on Christmas day though (at least in my family). Hee hee. :scene:

He's in for a treat if he hasn't tasted an American-glazed style ham! And an extra treat for you since its your family tradition. Enjoy! :dinner: :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:28 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:
Noel+ wrote:Thanks for the cute snowmen Christmas card Christmas Crazy. I just love it! Its hanging with Tinseltown's card on the wall of honor! :smilecc:

Loved your Christmas card as well. :elfgrin:
My wife LOVES snowmen. So when she saw those cards at Hobby Lobby, she just had to get them. :D

She has good taste in Christmas snowmen! :wink:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:39 pm

Noel+ wrote:He's in for a treat if he hasn't tasted an American-glazed style ham! And an extra treat for you since its your family tradition. Enjoy! :dinner: :D

We made an american style one at my swedish sister-in-law´s last summer for our christmas in july celebration. It was made with cranberry sauce, brown sugar, etc, have to find the recipe. :dinner:

Been watching my "explosive" christmas movies today as I had a nuclear meltdown last night. As usual, it was over the swedish health system and their lack of response to hubby´s illness (now premilinarily diagnosed as rheumatoid arthritis). I found my "divorce" stash of christmas movies. These are not for the kiddies: Die Hard 1 and 2, Enemy of the State, Lethal Weapon, and The Long Kiss Goodnight, followed by The Day AFter (actually rather scarily familiar even 30 years later.........)
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:29 pm

My fave ham glaze is pineapple-brown sugar. Maple is good too. Hope yours turns out great!

And enjoy your Christmas stash of 'explosive' movies! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:27 am

Noel+ wrote:My fave ham glaze is pineapple-brown sugar. Maple is good too. Hope yours turns out great!

http://www.pillsbury.com/recipes/easy-s ... 12_11_2012

Now that is an idea! I asked hubby if he wanted me to make the ham because he was not up to doing it. He said no, he just wanted a different taste. So, we shall see. The hams here are much less processed than in the US so there is alot of cutting and trimming of fat that I am not excited about. I think I will buy a small smoked ham and freeze it, then we can decide a day or two before what we actually want to do. If he will trim it, then I can cook it. Christmas is all about teamwork! :snowkiss: :throw: :snowball:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby kiwidogy_max » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:33 am

Happy Wednesday everyone! During the ride home from work in my carpool yesterday we stopped so one of the guys could pick up a Christmas tree! Good times!!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby Noel+ » Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:26 pm

Tomtemor wrote:
Noel+ wrote:My fave ham glaze is pineapple-brown sugar. Maple is good too. Hope yours turns out great!

http://www.pillsbury.com/recipes/easy-s ... 12_11_2012

Now that is an idea! I asked hubby if he wanted me to make the ham because he was not up to doing it. He said no, he just wanted a different taste. So, we shall see. The hams here are much less processed than in the US so there is alot of cutting and trimming of fat that I am not excited about. I think I will buy a small smoked ham and freeze it, then we can decide a day or two before what we actually want to do. If he will trim it, then I can cook it. Christmas is all about teamwork! :snowkiss: :throw: :snowball:

That's a great Christmas dinner plan! Teamwork rules! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:27 pm

kiwidogy_max wrote:Happy Wednesday everyone! During the ride home from work in my carpool yesterday we stopped so one of the guys could pick up a Christmas tree! Good times!!

How fun kiwidogy! And more fun for your co-worker to have his teammates ideas on the tree! Enjoy your Wednesday with more Christmas fun! :holly1:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby kiwidogy_max » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:09 am

It is hard to believe that in 12 days and a matter of hours it will be Christmas morning. Since finding this site and you guys here, I feel like my life has been more fun and I have embraced more fully who I am and what my passions are. Thank you all so much!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter