2000 Posts By Christmas 2012

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: 2000 Posts By Christmas 2012

Postby Noel+ » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:46 pm

Today is my 'sister day' and I am looking forward to every moment of it. I'm all decked out in my ornament tee, ornament earrings, and just waiting for my sister!

We're going to see The Hobbit. As most of you know I am a huge fan of CS Lewis & JRR Tolkien!

Wishing each of you a holly-jolly Saturday this Christmas! :snowwow:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:57 pm

Noel+ wrote:
Tomtemor wrote:
Praying for your hubby. Yes, barometic pressure can affect our bodies. Just a couple more weeks before he is scheduled for x-rays, right? PRAYING........... :angelsnow: [/color]

schedule ex-rays one thing, actually getting an appointment with the arthritis clinic is another. next hope is the eye dr on Jan 23 to renew prescription to prednesolone. I emailed a friend in holland to see if it is over the counter there.

Watching The Santa Incident now! too Christmas cute! :elfgrin: :snowwow:
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:19 pm

Thanks for the clarification -- we are keeping both of you in our prayers.

Just tuning in the tv to find a Christmas movie. ENJOY! :D

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:21 pm

Just home from a 'sister day'! We saw The Hobbit [and as you know I'm a huge CS Lewis / JRR Tolkien fan] and it was fabulous! Please add it to your 'must see' movies this Christmas! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:21 pm

Merry Christmas Y'all!
All y'all have been busy. Me too. But I have been trying to enjoy the Christmas season as much as possible. It will be easy now that I'm off work till January 3rd. Whoo Hoo!

I pray that God will bless you all and you will have a wonderful Christmas time. :D
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:34 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:Merry Christmas Y'all!
All y'all have been busy. Me too. But I have been trying to enjoy the Christmas season as much as possible. It will be easy now that I'm off work till January 3rd. Whoo Hoo!

I pray that God will bless you all and you will have a wonderful Christmas time. :D

Have a wondeful christmas vacation! Hubby works until the 21. Many in Sweden are off between December 13 and January 13. Schools close, daycares close, and parents take off to watch the kids. Job hunting has slowed down and I have no appointments next week whatsoever. Which is why I am thinking of trying to make the christmas candy. I also decided to try to make pimento and cheese even though we do not have pimentos. It is a family favorite at christmas time. I am thinking to use pickled paprikas.

http://www.food.com/recipe/died-went-to ... nto-167613

Whatever I mix with that sounds delicious...........or maybe a cheese ball........I really need a job. LOL

Hubby and I have a constant fight over when "christmas" is. What do you say? Swedes say Dec. 24 since that is when they have the big dinner and open presents. I say December 25 even if you "celebrate" on the 24th as well. In my family we had a cold sandwich table (thus the pimento and cheese), chips, dips, etc with present on christmas eve and the big dinner on the 25th. I would love to hear what all my christmas friends do. :elfgrin:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:59 am

Christmas is a tradition. So it doesn't really matter which day you celebrate it on.
My wife's family switched opening presents to the evening of the 24th after we got married.
My family has always opened presents on the morning of the 25th.

Since we've now stretched Christmas into a whole season, I think anytime near the 25th is a great time to come together and celebrate.

But..... If had to pick one day, it would be the 25th. :santa:
I think that's the most popular "tradition" around the world. But not everywhere. :elfgrin:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:14 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:Christmas is a tradition. So it doesn't really matter which day you celebrate it on.
My wife's family switched opening presents to the evening of the 24th after we got married.

Since we've now stretched Christmas into a whole season, I think anytime near the 25th is a great time to come together and celebrate.

I think that's the most popular "tradition" around the world. But not everywhere. :elfgrin:

when I was married the first time, we opened presents with my family on the 24th, to each other on the 25th (if there were any), and with his family later in the day on the 25th. When I was divorced my parents would tell me which present to set aside for christmas morning as my "santa present". Here, we are only two so we open on the 24th as is swedish tradition, and the 25th seems empty (I know christmas is not about the presents). That is why I am glad that this year my care package from the family arrived the week before christmas. Even if it is just ordinary stuff, it will be nice to have something to "open". I might even put it in christmas paper when I wrap hubby´s gift. that is also why I wanted to adopt the english christmas cracker tradition to give a little surprise to the 25th. Hubby´s family also had the tradition of saving one christmas gift till new year´s day, but with slim pickins this year, that is just not possible. though I was considering a scooby doo comic with "prize"....that could be cute. :shop: :opengifts: :toychase:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:43 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:Merry Christmas Y'all!

How wonderful to have so much time off at Christmas! That means more time for you, family, and friends celebrating Christmas! YAY! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:47 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:Christmas is a tradition. So it doesn't really matter which day you celebrate it on.

That sounds like my family! My DH's family always had their dinner after church on Christmas Eve and then they opened their gifts. [How did they sleep on a full stomach - :lol: ].

My family always opened presents before dawn [well, I did wait til dawn] on Christmas morning. We munched on candies & cookies til Mom had dinner ready about 2pm.

So you fall in love, marry, are excited about your first Christmas together, and..................you have to decide how to celebrate. We did a double-split. Christmas Eve with the inlaws and Christmas noon with my family. We now open 1 gift on Christmas Eve for my DH and the rest Christmas morning for my traditions. It was his gracious idea and I love it. My children learned celebrating either time is wonderful if our focus is on Jesus: its his birthday. :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:48 pm

Tomtemor wrote:

when I was married the first time, we opened presents with my family on the 24th, to each other on the 25th (if there were any), and with his family later in the day on the 25th. When I was divorced my parents would tell me which present to set aside for christmas morning as my "santa present". Here, we are only two so we open on the 24th as is swedish tradition, and the 25th seems empty (I know christmas is not about the presents). That is why I am glad that this year my care package from the family arrived the week before christmas. Even if it is just ordinary stuff, it will be nice to have something to "open". I might even put it in christmas paper when I wrap hubby´s gift. that is also why I wanted to adopt the english christmas cracker tradition to give a little surprise to the 25th. Hubby´s family also had the tradition of saving one christmas gift till new year´s day, but with slim pickins this year, that is just not possible. though I was considering a scooby doo comic with "prize"....that could be cute. :shop: :opengifts: :toychase:

We have Christmas crackers with Christmas pudding on Christmas night! :dinner: :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:46 am

One week till Christmas, woohoo! Time to make the final "christmas plan", those things I want/have to make from scratch and when. Today I am doing regular chores, making hubby´s school and commuter lunches and maybe the christmas crackers for the cats. I also need to finalize the candy recipes I want to try and make grocery list for tomorrow. While I really wish I had a job, this is a great week to be off!

The cable is out so I watched Christmas in Paradise. It is cute, but not quite what I thought it was. I was hoping the action took place on the actual cruise. It is cute, but I probably would not have bought it if I had seen it first. So many movies, so little time..........Have a great prep week!
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:21 pm

This is definitely prep week for me too! :D Cookies & bars to bake, decorate and freeze until next Monday, Christmas Eve! And I'm taking a side-dish and pie to my sister's Christmas Eve.

Other than that, I am enjoying this time off at Christmas. I've never had time off at Christmas before and always worked the day before/after Christmas. This is so much more peaceful & enjoyable.

I'll be back in the employment line 12/26, but until then cherishing thse CHristmas joys! :smilecc: :scene:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:24 am

My first ever batch of divinity is on the laundry rack in the bathroom. Right now, it is the only place I have to put it. I need the kitchen for cooking dinner. It seems okay. I tried to "lick" the bowl and it was getting to hard, so hopefully it will harden up just fine.

I am waiting to see if we are still here on Saturday before I job hunt anymore. My next unemployment check in is January 24. I think I have to go some sort of "education" in the spring or lose benefits, we shall see. I was really hoping the university job would come through, but it shall not spoil my Christmas cheer! only 7 days until Christmas!
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:50 pm

Tomtemor wrote:My first ever batch of divinity is on the laundry rack in the bathroom. Right now, it is the only place I have to put it. I need the kitchen for cooking dinner. It seems okay. I tried to "lick" the bowl and it was getting to hard, so hopefully it will harden up just fine.

I am waiting to see if we are still here on Saturday before I job hunt anymore. My next unemployment check in is January 24. I think I have to go some sort of "education" in the spring or lose benefits, we shall see. I was really hoping the university job would come through, but it shall not spoil my Christmas cheer! only 7 days until Christmas!

Good for you Tomtemor! The same Lord born on Christmas morning is the one who give us jobs in His perfect timing. I know I don't want my celebration of His birth distracted by a need He can easily provide. AND there are blessings in store for us as we trust His loving heart!

Sounds like your divinity is yummy! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:58 pm

Next project is christmas breakfast..........(eaten on christmas eve in Sweden, as we eat rice porridge on christmas day, at least that is what hubby says). Ideas anyone? A "breakfast" online group I belong to posted the Denny´s hobbit menu, I was considering something from there......or baked eggs in cruets (tiny pots you put in the oven).
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:37 pm

I can attest to how good the Hobbit menu is at Denny's. My kids favor the Hobbit Holes, but my DH & I prefer the Frodo's Pot! :D Either for Christmas breakfast would be scrumptious! :dinner:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby kiwidogy_max » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:16 am

I spent the weekend in Connecticut (my brother lives there) and New York City. We were in the city on Saturday to see NYC all lit up for the holidays. I saw the Christmas tree in Rockefeller Center, the ice rink, the Macy's display, and 20,000 Santa's at a party! It was a nice time after a very sad Friday.
Love and Joy Come to You!
Santa's coming Santa's coming! I know him!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby Noel+ » Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:11 am

Saw this on Facebook and thought I would share. So beautiful.

twas' 11 days before Christmas, around 9:38
when 20 beautiful children stormed through heaven's gate.
their smiles were contagious, their laughter filled the air.
they could hardly believe all the beauty they saw there.
they were filled with such joy, they didn't know what to say.
they remembered nothing of what had happened earlier that day.
"where are we?" asked a little girl, as quiet as a mouse.
"this is heaven." declared a small boy. "we're spending Christmas at God's house."
when what to their wondering eyes did appear,
but Jesus, their savior, the children gathered near.
He looked at them and smiled, and they smiled just the same.
then He opened His arms and He called them by name.
and in that moment was joy, that only heaven can bring
those children all flew into the arms of their King
and as they lingered in the warmth of His embrace,
one small girl turned and looked at Jesus' face.
and as if He could read all the questions she had
He gently whispered to her, "I'll take care of mom and dad."
then He looked down on earth, the world far below
He saw all of the hurt, the sorrow, and woe
then He closed His eyes and He outstretched His hand,
"Let My power and presence re-enter this land!"
"may this country be delivered from the hands of fools"
"I'm taking back my nation. I'm taking back my schools!"
then He and the children stood up without a sound.
"come now my children, let me show you around."
excitement filled the space, some skipped and some ran.
all displaying enthusiasm that only a small child can.
and i heard Him proclaim as He walked out of sight,
"in the midst of this darkness, I AM STILL THE LIGHT."

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:12 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:I spent the weekend in Connecticut (my brother lives there) and New York City. We were in the city on Saturday to see NYC all lit up for the holidays. I saw the Christmas tree in Rockefeller Center, the ice rink, the Macy's display, and 20,000 Santa's at a party! It was a nice time after a very sad Friday.

I am happy to know your Christmas sighseeing expedition was a fun-flled blessing kiwidogy! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter