2000 Posts By Christmas 2012

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: 2000 Posts By Christmas 2012

Postby Noel+ » Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:30 am

Tomtemor wrote:Merry Last Friday Before Christmas! Listening to Christmas OTR disk, laundry going in the laundry mat, about to start normal Friday chores, then christmas cleaning and cooking tomorrow. I am going to make mincemeat tarts, deviled eggs, raisin carrot salad, and fruit salad. I think we will make the ham on Sunday. I can make the cold things while that is baking. Now, I just have to decide what to eat this weekend as the feasting does not begin until monday...........what are my christmas friends doing? i do not think hubby will go for frozen dinners.............too bad.

My situation is very similiar. My DH was asking "what are we eating all weekend" as I rattled off my baking to-do schedule! :lol: So now tomorrow I need to be creative in weekend meal planning! AND I must also clean out the refrigerator from left-overs to make room for the ham to thaw, mashed potatoes [Monday] to rest, and store cookies! :D

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:31 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:We're driving thru Lexington KY and it's SNOWING!
Very Christmasy.
:elfgrin:

Ahhh how beautiful so close to Christmas! ENJOY! :snowwow:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:32 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:I am hoping for snow for Christmas this year. Unfortunately it rained today, washing away what little snow there was. On a positive note, I am officially relaxing for a week and a half!

Well, all you need is a cold front to sweep in! Here's a symbolic one! :snowwow: Now just enjoy your Christmas vacation time! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:33 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:Tomorrow I cook a turkey and all the fixings for a Christmas sweater party! I love this time of year! :smilecc:

What Christmasy fun! And who doesn't love good eats! So glad you are starting off your holiday vacation with friends, food and fun! :scene:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:28 am

Noel+ wrote:
Tomtemor wrote:on a side note, I have been trying for days to change my avatar. Has anyone else had trouble? I am 99% sure I used the same pics last year. They were too christmas cute!

No troubles for me - I change mine daily sometimes. Go to Control Panel, Profile, Edit :D Signature. Then change the url [web address] and click submit!

Nope must be something wrong with my computer. I have enough stress right now, it is no worry. Hubby moaning, groaning, and crying in his sleep all night long from pain. Praying for some Christmas joy to return.
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:13 pm

Busy, busy, busy......But that's how I like it. It's keeping my mind off of the sad stuff and on all the joys of Christmas! :smilecc:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:15 pm

Well, we won't be having a White Christmas. :| But there is a good possibility we will see some of the white stuff start falling Christmas night and into the next day. Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow! :flake: :flake: :flake:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:20 pm

Dd's out of school now. She had 2 programs at school and a Christmas party Thursday. It was so cute watching all the kindergarteners at their party. They exchanged gifts and they were all so happy with whatever they got. Wishing everyone still had the sweet Spirit that young children have. We continue to pray for the families in Connecticut. Their lives, and their Christmas's, are forever changed. May God give them peace. :holly1:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby tinseltown » Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:09 pm

Hi all had trouble finding the page tonight , just a black screen when i put in Christmas all year ?!!But found it :smilecc: Torrential rain here and my roof leaking what next :cry: On a lighter note sheer madness here cooking , shopping and keeping everyone in order :D but loving it all :smilecc: Went to a carol service last night which really brought home the meaning of christmas , our lords birth so lovely . Hope you are all enjoying the festive season despite our many trials . Love to all :smilecc: :snowwow: :scene:
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby Noel+ » Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:26 am

Tomtemor wrote:
Noel+ wrote:
Tomtemor wrote:on a side note, I have been trying for days to change my avatar. Has anyone else had trouble? I am 99% sure I used the same pics last year. They were too christmas cute!

No troubles for me - I change mine daily sometimes. Go to Control Panel, Profile, Edit :D Signature. Then change the url [web address] and click submit!

Nope must be something wrong with my computer. I have enough stress right now, it is no worry. Hubby moaning, groaning, and crying in his sleep all night long from pain. Praying for some Christmas joy to return.

Sweet tomtemor, sending prayers your way for peace, calm and joy amidst the trouble. That is when we need Christmas the most! :nav2:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:27 am

CandyKane wrote:Busy, busy, busy......But that's how I like it. It's keeping my mind off of the sad stuff and on all the joys of Christmas! :smilecc:

Upholding you & your family, CK, in prayers this Christmas. Let His joy flood your soul with love! Hugs :nav1:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:28 am

CandyKane wrote:Dd's out of school now. She had 2 programs at school and a Christmas party Thursday. It was so cute watching all the kindergarteners at their party. They exchanged gifts and they were all so happy with whatever they got. Wishing everyone still had the sweet Spirit that young children have. We continue to pray for the families in Connecticut. Their lives, and their Christmas's, are forever changed. May God give them peace. :holly1:

Just saw on the news there has been a huge response of love, supporti & gifts to the residents of Ct. Especially the families grieving...........may their hearts be eased from pain by His presence.

Your sweet DD is a total joy, CK. :rabstar:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:30 am

tinseltown wrote:Hi all had trouble finding the page tonight , just a black screen when i put in Christmas all year ?!!But found it :smilecc: Torrential rain here and my roof leaking what next :cry: On a lighter note sheer madness here cooking , shopping and keeping everyone in order :D but loving it all :smilecc: Went to a carol service last night which really brought home the meaning of christmas , our lords birth so lovely . Hope you are all enjoying the festive season despite our many trials . Love to all :smilecc: :snowwow: :scene:

So very nice to have a Christmas update from you tinseltown. Sorry you were having connection problems with the site?

Our Christmas Eve service is tomorrow and Monday. Carols, candlelight & scripture keep our hearts focused on the true reason for the celebration.

May he flood your soul with peace, joy & love this Christmas Day! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:30 am

CandyKane wrote:Busy, busy, busy......But that's how I like it. It's keeping my mind off of the sad stuff and on all the joys of Christmas! :smilecc:

Lost yesterday to either stomach flu or emotional exhaustion, not sure which came first. Now I have two days to make up for. I am pretending it is Saturday. Hoping to regain my Christmas joy! :scene:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:35 am

Noel+ wrote:
CandyKane wrote:Dd's out of school now. She had 2 programs at school and a Christmas party Thursday. It was so cute watching all the kindergarteners at their party. They exchanged gifts and they were all so happy with whatever they got. Wishing everyone still had the sweet Spirit that young children have. We continue to pray for the families in Connecticut. Their lives, and their Christmas's, are forever changed. May God give them peace. :holly1:

Just saw on the news there has been a huge response of love, supporti & gifts to the residents of Ct. Especially the families grieving...........may their hearts be eased from pain by His presence.

Your sweet DD is a total joy, CK. :rabstar:

I have been worrying about those families who lost children at christmas. To lose a child at any time is devastating. I posted in another forum, but not sure I did it here. In my previous job as a church office manager, I had contact with a support organization called Compassionate Friends. If anyone knows any of the families involved or anyone who has experienced the loss of a child, please pass on this information. You can check www.compassionatefriends.com for the local chapter. On their main website is also a place to write messages to the families in mourning.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:06 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_3ngTHs6gA

On December 23, Swedes across the land put up the christmas trees. Here is a nice video to relax with. I put up the 2fter in the kitchen and decorated with the swedish blue and gold beads, flags, and 5 red crocheted "elves" and it actually looks rather nice. It is up off the floor, away from the cats, and I get to look at it all day long. I think next year I will work a bit harder to disquise the "junk" and foodstuffs behind it, but overall, I am liking this adaptation. :treewiggle: :merrytree: :treeswave:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:09 pm

Tomtemor wrote:

Lost yesterday to either stomach flu or emotional exhaustion, not sure which came first. Now I have two days to make up for. I am pretending it is Saturday. Hoping to regain my Christmas joy! :scene:

I hope you're feeling better Jennifer.
Two years ago I was sick for most of the Christmas get togethers and I missed everything.
That was no fun. :cry:

I wish you lots of Christmas cheer! :smilecc:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:19 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:
Tomtemor wrote:

:scene:

I hope you're feeling better Jennifer.
Two years ago I was sick for most of the Christmas get togethers and I missed everything.
That was no fun. :cry:

I wish you lots of Christmas cheer! :smilecc:

My first Christmas in Sweden, hubby was sick with what is called the "winter vomiting disease", yes that is its literal name in Swedish..............between december 24 and 26 he did not know what day it was...........I sat on the couch and cried while watching the midnight mass from Rome. I knew very few people in Sweden and swedes are very private, they do not call or see each other on Christmas eve or day, except those you live with...........it was not a christmas we want to repeat.

Wishing all my Christmas friends a joyous holiday! :scene: :merrytree: :merrygift:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby kiwidogy_max » Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:58 pm

We got a good amount of snow last night! I am so excited! It looks like we will have a white Christmas after all, based on the forecast through the middle of next week. :-). I can't believe that tomorrow is Christmas Eve!!
Love and Joy Come to You!
Santa's coming Santa's coming! I know him!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby kiwidogy_max » Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:02 pm

Last night's Christmas Sweater Party was a great success! I baked my first turkey dinner with all of the fixings and friends brought great dishes to share. We built a gingerbread house and played games. We enjoyed hit apple cider with cinnamon sticks and rum. I enjoyed that a little too much because I have been recovering for most of the day today. I am not 21 anymore! But it was all worth it as it was a great night with friends! We are already planning for next year.
Love and Joy Come to You!
Santa's coming Santa's coming! I know him!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter