2013: 2300 Posts til Christmas

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: 2013: 2300 Posts til Christmas

Postby Noel+ » Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:17 pm

I ventured out again for sale shopping, CandyKane, and did find some good bargains.

Yes, I enjoy after-Christmas shopping too. I do not shop on Black Friday as it is too stressful!

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby kiwidogy_max » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:40 pm

Sadly, I did not get any good bargains at after Christmas sales because I had to spend $450 at Costco. On the positive side, my chest freezer is full and we won't have to go grocery shopping for a LONG time.
Love and Joy Come to You!
Santa's coming Santa's coming! I know him!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby kiwidogy_max » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:41 pm

I do want to find the time to take advantage of the Yankees Candle 75% off after Christmas sales!!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby kiwidogy_max » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:42 pm

Over the last week I have certainly lived up to my title as "Cookie Taster." I indulge in the sweets at Christmas time.
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby Noel+ » Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:07 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:Sadly, I did not get any good bargains at after Christmas sales because I had to spend $450 at Costco. On the positive side, my chest freezer is full and we won't have to go grocery shopping for a LONG time.

Necessities come first, right? We filled our freezer/frig 2 days before Christmas while at Costco. And there are still bargains out there at the big box stores!

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:07 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:Over the last week I have certainly lived up to my title as "Cookie Taster." I indulge in the sweets at Christmas time.

Good for you! While I do all the baking, I manage to nibble up some goodies too. Today I had 3 Christmas cookies - yum! :dinner:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:08 am

After dinner we trekked over to Bath & Body Works and I picked up some Slatkin specials. I am so sad the company is closed. I adore those Christmas scents! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:09 am

Tonight we just finished watching The Sorcerer's Apprentice [after kiddos in bed]. It certainly was different than Fantasia, but we enjoyed it.

Tomorrow, I think, is the last of the Hallmark Christmas movies. :think:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:30 am

Noel+ wrote:
Tomtemor wrote:
oh, and don´t forget we always have Friday Christmases all year long!

That's a very nice gift your hubby chose for you! And it came in handy too on your first shopping trip.

We don't have Friday Christmases here.........I think its a good idea though! :D

I was referring to Friday Christmasses as created by Christmas Crazy on this list. At the very least you listen to christmas music while doing your regular chores. But, since there are SO MANY Christmas movies you cannot possibly see them all during the regular season, I am thinking of adding a Christmas movie night to the routine. We shall see. Hubby has not agreed.

Change of subject: I have had Hubby on a once a month oatmeal trial since July. It is an effort to convert him to the joys and health benefits of oatmeal. Now, he says that "January" oatmeal should be white and look like snow..........any ideas? My biggest source of inspiration comes from www.mrbreakfast.com. A glorious website! Today we had cinnamon apple raisin oatmeal.I was trying to capture the flavors of mincemeat, my favorite christmas pie.
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:32 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:I do want to find the time to take advantage of the Yankees Candle 75% off after Christmas sales!!

Yankee Candle is on the plus side of returning to the US. Sorry to hear Bath and Body works went out of business. They were also a favorite place to christmas shop. :shop:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:53 pm

Miles Kimball has a coupon code out for free shipping plus 10% off any order. I just stocked up on gold star and glitter confetti tissue wrap for Christmas and assorted color tissue wrap for gifts throughout the year. Great deal! :hohat:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby kiwidogy_max » Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:58 pm

I'm going sliding!!! This takes me back to Christmases gone by.
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:16 pm

kiwidogy_max wrote:I'm going sliding!!! This takes me back to Christmases gone by.

Enjoy! Have a great Christmas vacation!
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:45 pm

Tomtemor wrote:
kiwidogy_max wrote:I do want to find the time to take advantage of the Yankees Candle 75% off after Christmas sales!!

Yankee Candle is on the plus side of returning to the US. Sorry to hear Bath and Body works went out of business. They were also a favorite place to christmas shop. :shop:

Oh, the store is still open! But Harry Slatkin closed his candle business.......that's what I miss! :oops:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:46 pm

CandyKane wrote:Miles Kimball has a coupon code out for free shipping plus 10% off any order. I just stocked up on gold star and glitter confetti tissue wrap for Christmas and assorted color tissue wrap for gifts throughout the year. Great deal! :hohat:

That is a great deal! :D I'm off to website to make use of the savings too! Congrats! on your deals CandyKane! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:47 pm

kiwidogy_max wrote:I'm going sliding!!! This takes me back to Christmases gone by.

:D Great for you kiwidogy! Whenever I'm home, and there is snow, I do all my fave winter things: sled, make snow angels, build snowpeople, and make wreaths for the birds! :snowwow:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby kiwidogy_max » Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:48 pm

Noel, we got some snowshoeing in too. What do you make the wreathes for the birds out of? That is nice that even they get Christmas decorations!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby Noel+ » Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:18 pm

kiwidogy_max wrote:Noel, we got some snowshoeing in too. What do you make the wreathes for the birds out of? That is nice that even they get Christmas decorations!

Oh, what fun kiwidogy! So happy you had a day of snow-fun! :D

I buy or make a pinecone [on a hanger] wreath. Then I cover it is peanut butter, and sprinkle on unsalted nuts. Sometimes I add cereal [no sugar]. They love it!!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:19 pm

Tonight we are going to watch Christmas dvd films. We're snacking, instead of a full dinner, on pizza, :D popcorn, Christmas cookies & cocoa. The kiddos are squealing with delight!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:20 pm

Today is my brother's birthday .... my Mom's was the 20th.....and I'm always concerned it will be slighted due to the holidays. SO.....he has a special package delivery coming tonight! Christmas spirit all year long! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter