2013: 2300 Posts til Christmas

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: 2013: 2300 Posts til Christmas

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:39 am

Just had a memory flash. When I was growing up, my mother used to leave the nativity set out until Easter.... Might do that this year....we need the inspiration and reminder that God is in control no matter how things look on the outside. :nav1: :nav2: :magi:
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby kiwidogy_max » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:42 am

That is a wonderful idea Jennifer! I will do that! We should think about more than just at Christmas time.
Love and Joy Come to You!
Santa's coming Santa's coming! I know him!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:33 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:That is a wonderful idea Jennifer! I will do that! We should think about more than just at Christmas time.

noticed on the calendar that Easter is March 31 this year. Another reason the song says Christmas last until Easter because it is usually still winter in Sweden at Easter time. :snowwow: :snowtoast: :snowdance: :throw:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:08 pm

Tomtemor wrote:Just had a memory flash. When I was growing up, my mother used to leave the nativity set out until Easter.... Might do that this year....we need the inspiration and reminder that God is in control no matter how things look on the outside. :nav1: :nav2: :magi:

We did that one year when the children were very young. Now it is more complex, to explain to them how Jesus died for all of us. My oldest finally stated this past year that it meant Jesus forgave 'all the people who ever hurt him at once'. He was struggling with a friend's hurtful remarks and was a bit overwhelmed thinking about how God could forgive everyone. I usually have an empty cross to prompt discussions.

In early March, I always put out a toddler size Jesus and the wise men, explaining the Bible account of how they found Jesus when he was a toddler.

Step by step as we build our faith, I pray, for all the children in our family.

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:09 pm

Tomtemor wrote:
kiwidogy_max wrote:That is a wonderful idea Jennifer! I will do that! We should think about more than just at Christmas time.

noticed on the calendar that Easter is March 31 this year. Another reason the song says Christmas last until Easter because it is usually still winter in Sweden at Easter time. :snowwow: :snowtoast: :snowdance: :throw:

That's a great point Jennifer! I noticed you changed your avatar again - very cute! :D

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:10 pm

Absolutely kiwidogy. We need to think of Jesus every day and especially at Easter too.

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:11 pm

My DH just found Nanny McPhee films on ABC Family. The first one has Christmas in it and my kiddies are thrilled. Hope the 2nd one is good because our day will be filled with both films! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:55 pm

Noel+ wrote:
Tomtemor wrote:

That's a great point Jennifer! I noticed you changed your avatar again - very cute! :D

Hubby did it, it only works for him. He has the Christmas magic.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:44 pm

So nice he spreads his Christmas magic around for toy!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:56 pm

Enjoyed church services this morning. Afterwards we packed up the Christmas trees and all the decorations. Kinda sad but I'm kinda glad to see the old going out. Ready for the new. Prayers that 2013 is a blessed year for all! :holly1:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:39 am

CandyKane wrote:Enjoyed church services this morning. Afterwards we packed up the Christmas trees and all the decorations. Kinda sad but I'm kinda glad to see the old going out. Ready for the new. Prayers that 2013 is a blessed year for all! :holly1:

Hi sweet CandyKane - so glad your Christmas was fulfilling, and you've set your heart for new beginnings. You're a blessing to know my online friend!

Wishing you a 2013 complete with health, joy and great peace! :angelsnow:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby kiwidogy_max » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:13 am

Slight change of plans... We will be taking down the Christmas decorations on Tuesday this week. My girlfriend really wants the living room rearranged back to normal so we can put the books into our new bookcase (which we had ordered in October). I can see her point, but it is still kind if sad. :cry:

This little community is a great help in keeping the christmas spirit alive all year!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby kiwidogy_max » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:16 am

I am going to my brothers house tonight for a little New Years Eve party. It will be a low key affair, which will be perfect for me! Then we will have Christmas with my other brother and cousin on the weekend. The fun continues!!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:19 am

CandyKane wrote:Enjoyed church services this morning. Afterwards we packed up the Christmas trees and all the decorations. Kinda sad but I'm kinda glad to see the old going out. Ready for the new. Prayers that 2013 is a blessed year for all! :holly1:

Amen. Hubby was asking me if there were any new big screen christmas movies this year?

Wishing all my Christmas friends a safe and happy new year! May we all have a better 2013! :snowtoast: :snowdance: :snowkiss: :happyny:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:31 pm

kiwidogy_max wrote:Slight change of plans... We will be taking down the Christmas decorations on Tuesday this week. My girlfriend really wants the living room rearranged back to normal so we can put the books into our new bookcase (which we had ordered in October). I can see her point, but it is still kind if sad. :cry:

This little community is a great help in keeping the christmas spirit alive all year!

Yes, it is kinda sad when we take down the Christmas decorations. :cry: I'll starting on the 2nd also but it will take a couple of days. I have to linger over memories as I pack items. And I so agree about CAY keeping Christmas alive in our hearts all year long! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:32 pm

kiwidogy_max wrote:I am going to my brothers house tonight for a little New Years Eve party. It will be a low key affair, which will be perfect for me! Then we will have Christmas with my other brother and cousin on the weekend. The fun continues!!

Those are fun plans, kiwidogy! Enjoy! Wishing you, and yours, a healthy, prosperous and joyful 2013! :happyny:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:33 pm

Tomtemor wrote:

Amen. Hubby was asking me if there were any new big screen christmas movies this year?

Wishing all my Christmas friends a safe and happy new year! May we all have a better 2013! :snowtoast: :snowdance: :snowkiss: :happyny:

Wishing all CAY members a healthy, joyful and prosperous 2013! And may we celebrate Christmas in our hearts all year long! :candle2:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:34 pm

Our temperatures dropped last night and its 60F in the house! Now it feels more Christmasy! Time to turn the heat on.......... :snowwow:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:35 pm

Our New Year's Eve plans are simple: we're staying at home. The kiddos are very sad there are no more Christmas movies on television, so more dvd time this day/night. Afterwards, its the last cup of eggnog, some sentimental reminiscing, and much gratitude for a loving God in our lives. Bless you all............ :flake:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby tinseltown » Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:14 pm

Happy New Year to you all :smilecc: We are going out tonight to an olde worldly resturant nearby . May God bless all of you with peace , health and prosperity :smilecc: I will take my decs down on the 7th of January as they celebrate the epiphany here on the 6th , which still gives me a few days . Im so sad when i take my decs down , like saying goodbye to an old friend but glad to see the countdown already . Be blessed all of you , so glad i found this site :smilecc: p.s have 16 for dinner tomorrow and a monster piece of pork to cook so up at 6am :scene: xxxxxx
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter