2013: 2300 Posts til Christmas

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: 2013: 2300 Posts til Christmas

Postby Noel+ » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:05 am

Da-ta-ta-da! We're at 320 posts! Just a little under 2,000 to go! We're on our way to counting down to Christmas! :shop: :shop: :shop:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:06 am

When the weather is so warm here -- even before Spring -- we color in Christmas books. It's our kiddies fave activities when it gets so warm. I definitely have Christmas snow families on my mind! :lol:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:16 am

Noel+ wrote:
Christmas Crazy wrote:
tinseltown wrote:Going to check out those christmas you tube movies :smilecc:

I like watching the Bob Hope Christmas specials on YouTube.

That's a good Christmasy idea! Today we watched Bing Crosby, Perry Como and TSO {Transiberian Orchestra]. Next week to Bob Hope! :smilecc:

oh my, have to look for those great Christmas specials! Hubby will find out today about 2 of his jobs, praying for a Christmas miracle and that he at least gets extended until August (which is what we originally thought).
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:29 am

Tomtemor wrote:
Noel+ wrote:
Christmas Crazy wrote:
tinseltown wrote:Going to check out those christmas you tube movies :smilecc:

I like watching the Bob Hope Christmas specials on YouTube.

That's a good Christmasy idea! Today we watched Bing Crosby, Perry Como and TSO {Transiberian Orchestra]. Next week to Bob Hope! :smilecc:

oh my, have to look for those great Christmas specials! Hubby will find out today about 2 of his jobs, praying for a Christmas miracle and that he at least gets extended until August (which is what we originally thought).

Believing for yours & hubby's Christmas miracle! You're both in my prayers today! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:50 am

It´s not Christmas, but I am watching Selma, Lord, Selma about Dr. Martin Luther King. If you have never seen this great disney movie, it is also on YouTube.

Hubby´s "conference" was postponed until tomorrow. (sigh) Guess they want to prolong the agony....

Happy MLK and Inauguration DAy USA!
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby kiwidogy_max » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:34 pm

Tomtemor- I am sending positive Christmas thoughts to your husband. I hope he gets the job extended.
Love and Joy Come to You!
Santa's coming Santa's coming! I know him!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby kiwidogy_max » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:38 pm

I found some holiday bubble lights online that I want to order. They are night light bubble for Halloween, St. Patrick's Day, Thanksgiving, and Valentine's Day. I have some of these for Christmas, but it will be nice to have them all year long.
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby kiwidogy_max » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:40 pm

It is exciting to be a "Head Baker" now! It is very appropriate after my Carrot Cake experiment on Friday (it was a hit!). I think I have a new request for Thanksgiving dessert and Christmas! :dinner:
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:01 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:It is exciting to be a "Head Baker" now! It is very appropriate after my Carrot Cake experiment on Friday (it was a hit!). I think I have a new request for Thanksgiving dessert and Christmas! :dinner:

It´s not Christmas, but your carrot cake experiment reminded me of this blog with other carrot cake type recipes on it.

http://mrbreakfast.com/breakfast/?p=2370

I have hubby on once a month oatmeal experiment (he used to hate it) and I am thinking that could be the Easter weekend oatmeal. It looks almost as good as Christmas pudding! :dinner:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:47 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:Tomtemor- I am sending positive Christmas thoughts to your husband. I hope he gets the job extended.

Thanks makes 2 CAY friends sending Christmas thoughts and prayers your way! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:48 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:I found some holiday bubble lights online that I want to order. They are night light bubble for Halloween, St. Patrick's Day, Thanksgiving, and Valentine's Day. I have some of these for Christmas, but it will be nice to have them all year long.

Cool! I need to find some of those too! Christmas lights all year long in a different holiday form! YAY! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:49 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:It is exciting to be a "Head Baker" now! It is very appropriate after my Carrot Cake experiment on Friday (it was a hit!). I think I have a new request for Thanksgiving dessert and Christmas! :dinner:

Kudos! kiwi. And very appropriate after your Christmasy birthday carrot cake for your Dad! Keep it up! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:50 am

Tomtemor wrote:

It´s not Christmas, but your carrot cake experiment reminded me of this blog with other carrot cake type recipes on it.

http://mrbreakfast.com/breakfast/?p=2370

I have hubby on once a month oatmeal experiment (he used to hate it) and I am thinking that could be the Easter weekend oatmeal. It looks almost as good as Christmas pudding! :dinner:

Love your new avie Tomtejmor! Just had Christmas oatmeal for breakfast and think I'll copy your idea for Easter! :dinner:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:51 am

Still feeling a bit fluish but stopped by to say "hi" to my fab CAY friends! Wishing each of you a healthy, prosperous, and joyful Tuesday! Sow some Christmas thoughts today! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:11 am

Noel+ wrote:Love your new avie Tomtejmor! Just had Christmas oatmeal for breakfast and think I'll copy your idea for Easter! :dinner:

that one is from the gallery. I still cannot upload anything from my own computer even though they should be the right size. Maybe one day before Christmas!
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby tinseltown » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:24 pm

Love the christmas cat .I have photos i want to post and cant seem to post them !! My Canadian friends are coming tonight for wine and post christmas nibbles so the festivities continue !!!!
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:55 pm

As expected, hubby did not get extended at two of the schools due to the person returning early from maternity leave. In Sweden, you can have up to 3 years maternity leave, most take at least a year, she is coming back after 6 months. We have considered moving back to the US, but as hubby says it would be nice to have some "positive direction finders" rather than just continued unemployment. Though of course, it would be nice to be home for Christmas again.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:17 pm

tinseltown wrote:Love the christmas cat .I have photos i want to post and cant seem to post them !! My Canadian friends are coming tonight for wine and post christmas nibbles so the festivities continue !!!!

Enjoy your visit with your friends tonight tinseltown. And post-Christmas nibbles always go well with a glass of wine! :wink:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:18 pm

Tomtemor wrote:As expected, hubby did not get extended at two of the schools due to the person returning early from maternity leave. In Sweden, you can have up to 3 years maternity leave, most take at least a year, she is coming back after 6 months. We have considered moving back to the US, but as hubby says it would be nice to have some "positive direction finders" rather than just continued unemployment. Though of course, it would be nice to be home for Christmas again.

Sorry the news was not better, Tomtemor. Praying for God to guide you both regarding whether to continue in Sweden or return to USA/Texas. Sometimes God says 'not now.........I know you have the faith to hold on. Blessings!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:19 pm

A new Lakeside catalog arrived today and I drooled over all the clearance Christmas items on sale! Now, I do not need more Christmas decorations..........I just always want new ones. So it was 'window shopping' catalog style! :lol:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter