2013: 2300 Posts til Christmas

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: 2013: 2300 Posts til Christmas

Postby kiwidogy_max » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:13 pm

I want to recommend The Merry Podcasts over at the My Merry Christmas website. I have been listening to the very well made podcasts during my commute to and from work.
Love and Joy Come to You!
Santa's coming Santa's coming! I know him!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby tinseltown » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:06 am

Tomtemor wrote:As expected, hubby did not get extended at two of the schools due to the person returning early from maternity leave. In Sweden, you can have up to 3 years maternity leave, most take at least a year, she is coming back after 6 months. We have considered moving back to the US, but as hubby says it would be nice to have some "positive direction finders" rather than just continued unemployment. Though of course, it would be nice to be home for Christmas again.

Praying for guidance for both of you but it would be nice to be home for Christmas :smilecc:
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby tinseltown » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:07 am

Noel+ wrote:A new Lakeside catalog arrived today and I drooled over all the clearance Christmas items on sale! Now, I do not need more Christmas decorations..........I just always want new ones. So it was 'window shopping' catalog style! :lol:

Me Too :smilecc:
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:08 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:I want to recommend The Merry Podcasts over at the My Merry Christmas website. I have been listening to the very well made podcasts during my commute to and from work.

have to check that out! Finally saw A Charlie Brown Christmas today. It warmed my heart as always. Hubby said "Friday Christmas" movies were too much but we will keep the "once a month" tradition. I had a friend years ago who used to either watch a christmas movie or listen to a christmas CD on the 25th of each month. Christmas music while housecleaning is always acceptable to hubby. His mother used to do that (God bless her soul, I never knew her). She trained him right! :scene:
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:27 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:I want to recommend The Merry Podcasts over at the My Merry Christmas website. I have been listening to the very well made podcasts during my commute to and from work.

Okay, I admit I can be stupid, but I did not find The Merry Podcasts. Are you referring to your Christmas Throughout the Year website, or is there another one ?
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:47 pm

Tomtemor wrote:

Okay, I admit I can be stupid, but I did not find The Merry Podcasts. Are you referring to your Christmas Throughout the Year website, or is there another one ?

http://www.mymerrychristmas.com/index.php?pageid=merrypodcast
LInk is above for the podcasts.
MyMerryChristmas.com is a HUGE Christmas web site.
Think of it as living in the county (http://christmasallyear.org) then visiting New York City (http://mymerrychristmas.com).
Quite overwhelming. I like it here. We are a more closer and personal group.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby kiwidogy_max » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:58 pm

It is 11 degrees below zero at noon today. With wind chill, it will be -40 tonight. That would freeze any Christmas tree solid!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby Noel+ » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:29 pm

Tomtemor wrote:

have to check that out! Finally saw A Charlie Brown Christmas today. It warmed my heart as always. Hubby said "Friday Christmas" movies were too much but we will keep the "once a month" tradition. I had a friend years ago who used to either watch a christmas movie or listen to a christmas CD on the 25th of each month. Christmas music while housecleaning is always acceptable to hubby. His mother used to do that (God bless her soul, I never knew her). She trained him right! :scene:

Yes, she trained him Christmas right! :smilecc:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:30 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:
Tomtemor wrote:

http://www.mymerrychristmas.com/index.php?pageid=merrypodcast
Think of it as living in the county (http://christmasallyear.org) then visiting New York City (http://mymerrychristmas.com).

Yes, I prefer Christmas All Year too. This forum is intentionally designed to foster trustful online friendships between people who love Christmas. The other site may have more options........but hopefully ya'll think of CAY as your Christmas HOME! :wink:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:31 pm

kiwidogy_max wrote:It is 11 degrees below zero at noon today. With wind chill, it will be -40 tonight. That would freeze any Christmas tree solid!

:snowwow: Brrrr! Still its preferable to our weather: 82F with a low of 65! That still freaks my soul after years of living here - I still prefer east of the Mississippi! Atleast cold weather brings Christmas memories -- even if the tree freezes solid kiwi! :lol:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:32 pm

Kiwidogy: would you please post the link to your Christmas site again. I'm feeling better and want to visit it, but lost the link. THANKS! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:40 pm

Noel+ wrote:Kiwidogy: would you please post the link to your Christmas site again. I'm feeling better and want to visit it, but lost the link. THANKS! :D

Not sure when he'll be back on.
Christmas site link below.
https://sites.google.com/site/xmassean/
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:44 pm

I watched Ice Quake today, another Christmas-time disaster movie. This one was a much better film than Christmas Twister. Having a christmas disaster movie set in the snow is much better than one set in Texas. I would buy them both for different reasons.

Hubby says hello and thanks for the prayers.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:28 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:
Noel+ wrote:Kiwidogy: would you please post the link to your Christmas site again. I'm feeling better and want to visit it, but lost the link. THANKS! :D

Not sure when he'll be back on.
Christmas site link below.
https://sites.google.com/site/xmassean/

Thank you Christmas Crazy! That is very thoughtful of you! I'm off to view the site again! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby kiwidogy_max » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:32 pm

Christmas Crazy, thank you for posting the address to my site for Noel. Still a work in progress, so suggestions are definitely appreciated.
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby kiwidogy_max » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:34 pm

Noel, I am glad that you are feeling better, and thank you for the kind words about my site. It is great to share the love of Christmas with so many wonderful people.
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby Noel+ » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:46 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:Noel, I am glad that you are feeling better, and thank you for the kind words about my site. It is great to share the love of Christmas with so many wonderful people.

Thank you for creating a new Christmas site that keeps focused on its blessings every day of the year! And I enjoyed having a comments section too! The Vermont pictures made me homesick for cold & snow! :snowwow: :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:47 am

The front porch looks so plain without Christmas decorations that today I ordered a spring/summer outdoor windchime. I was especially happy to find one suited for 'outdoors' because summer here reaches 116F and higher. Wooden windchimes are ruined after 1 summer as the wood dry rots. This one is metal, with blue moon, sun, and stars! Now if only it lighted at night - :lol:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:23 pm

Good Thursday Morning, all my CAY friends!

Last night I put my Spring lighted wreath up in the family room. Accidentally I put it on all night. :lol: Tonight I need to set it to timer. Good thing I didn't make that mistake at Christmastime!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:34 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:
Tomtemor wrote:

url]http://www.mymerrychristmas.com/index.php?pageid=merrypodcast[/url]

Okay, now for my next list of stupid questions. I found the webpage but cannot seem to access the podcast. Do I have to be a member first? Do I need to download a special player? and how do you listen to a christmas podcast on the way to work?

I will have another look tomorrow when I am more awake. Working in a soup kitchen is hard work and definitely not as fun as christmas. :dinner:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter