2013: 2300 Posts til Christmas

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: 2013: 2300 Posts til Christmas

Postby Noel+ » Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:53 am

Tomtemor wrote:Hubby opted for The Divide instead of White Christmas which is an absolutely horrible movie and should never be watched at any time especially Christmas. :shock: :angry: :sleephat:

Ah, but more action oriented film .... set at Christmas? Hang in there Jennifer...........and keep your White Christmas dvd within reach! :wink:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:55 am

What a day! It looks like a southwestern Christmas as it has rained for the last 12 hours! While driving in the mountains we had to slow to 40mph due to lack of visibility! That's are here.

My brother slipped and fell on the wet porch as were loading some of the last items in his truck into my house. He had a very long day........but is joyful his move is accomplished.

Its good to have him home for a while! :D

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:56 am

Just checked the mail and I received a Christmas card today! A friend just signed her handmade card. I'll call her tomorrow to touch bases and make sure she is healthy and all is well. It is definitely not like her to mail a Christmas card 1 month late! :think:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:06 pm

Everything "christmas" is now packed away except the nativity set and a kitchen towel with "winter herbs" that I am using as a backdrop to hide the box behind the nativity set in the kitchen. I do not know where I hid its box from myself, so it might have to stay up year round. That is okay. I need the inspiration. :nav1:
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:02 pm

Tomtemor wrote:Everything "christmas" is now packed away except the nativity set and a kitchen towel with "winter herbs" that I am using as a backdrop to hide the box behind the nativity set in the kitchen. I do not know where I hid its box from myself, so it might have to stay up year round. That is okay. I need the inspiration. :nav1:

I think we all need inspiration every day of the year to remember Christmas and live it in our hearts. You're in good company Jennifer!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby kiwidogy_max » Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:37 pm

I just had a lovely car ride home from dinner at my girlfriend's parents house. I was listening to the Accuradio Christmas music station in the toasty warm car. We enjoyed a meat pie for dinner made at Christmas. Yummy!
Love and Joy Come to You!
Santa's coming Santa's coming! I know him!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby kiwidogy_max » Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:40 pm

I had stumbled upon a pleasant surprise...I had left out a Christmas tree soap dispenser in the kitchen... I guess I will have to leave it out until the soap is all gone. Gee... I may just have to keep refilling it! :think:
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby kiwidogy_max » Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:42 pm

I can think of a no more perfect way to end the day than finishing the Christmas movie I had started while under my cozy bed sheets. Then I can drift off to sleep to some carols.
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:24 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:I had stumbled upon a pleasant surprise...I had left out a Christmas tree soap dispenser in the kitchen... I guess I will have to leave it out until the soap is all gone. Gee... I may just have to keep refilling it! :think:

hm..........too Christmas cute. That is what the Christmas in July bag is for (now also the "christmas emergency" bag). :elfgrin:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:54 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:I just got back from a University of Vermont college hockey game. Go Cats Go! It was part of my father's birthday present. It was a great game...UVM won 3-2. It felt like a late Christmas present on a cold winter night.

Sounds like a lot of fun. I can't believe it was almost a month past Christmas when the NHL decided to start playing. But I guess college hockey benefited with some extra TV time.
When I lived in Indiana, we would go see the Fort Wayne Komets play in the IHL. Those were fun times too.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:56 am

Tomtemor wrote:Everything "christmas" is now packed away except the nativity set and a kitchen towel with "winter herbs" that I am using as a backdrop to hide the box behind the nativity set in the kitchen. I do not know where I hid its box from myself, so it might have to stay up year round. That is okay. I need the inspiration. :nav1:

I still have my Christmas tree and Nativity up at work. People are starting say things to me about it. I just tell them I have it up early for next year. :D
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:59 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:

I still have my Christmas tree and Nativity up at work. People are starting say things to me about it. I just tell them I have it up early for next year. :D

You could do the swedish thing and 1)ignore them, 2) give them a blank expression, 3) smile and say something totally irrelevant to their comment.

Went to the grocery store and they were still playing christmas music. We have heard them play it at really "odd" times of the year, so I guess it is all in which button they push on the musak.

I will be going "on an education" as the swedes say beginning feb. 11, so I will not be online as much. It will be about an hour from where we live so that is a 10 hour day with commute. I really hope it leads to a job. If not, I might be home in Texas by Christmas.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:32 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:I had stumbled upon a pleasant surprise...I had left out a Christmas tree soap dispenser in the kitchen... I guess I will have to leave it out until the soap is all gone. Gee... I may just have to keep refilling it! :think:

:wink: That makes two of us kiwi! Mine says 'holiday cheer' and has Christmas red soap! And i decided to just overlook my oversight! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:32 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:I can think of a no more perfect way to end the day than finishing the Christmas movie I had started while under my cozy bed sheets. Then I can drift off to sleep to some carols.

Christmas carols are better than a lullaby!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:33 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:
kiwidogy_max wrote:I just got back from a University of Vermont college hockey game. Go Cats Go! It was part of my father's birthday present. It was a great game...UVM won 3-2. It felt like a late Christmas present on a cold winter night.

Sounds like a lot of fun. I can't believe it was almost a month past Christmas when the NHL decided to start playing. But I guess college hockey benefited with some extra TV time.
When I lived in Indiana, we would go see the Fort Wayne Komets play in the IHL. Those were fun times too.

As a born-and-bred Hoosier I can attest that we love basketball and hockey! Especially at Christmastime! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:34 am

tinseltown wrote:Hope those pipes thaw quick Tomtenor !!

Yes, you need some Christmas thawing! :wink:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:36 am

Tomtemor wrote:
Christmas Crazy wrote:

You could do the swedish thing and 1)ignore them, 2) give them a blank expression, 3) smile and say something totally irrelevant to their comment.

Went to the grocery store and they were still playing christmas music. We have heard them play it at really "odd" times of the year, so I guess it is all in which button they push on the musak.

I will be going "on an education" as the swedes say beginning feb. 11, so I will not be online as much. It will be about an hour from where we live so that is a 10 hour day with commute. I really hope it leads to a job. If not, I might be home in Texas by Christmas.

Please enjoy your 'education' Jennifer! The commute sounds absolutely awful but hang in there! One way or another you are getting a Christmas miracle!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:37 am

Spent the last 2 days helping my brother unpack, and find a place for all his things. I want him to feel 'at home' and 'comfortable'. In 2 weeks he is off to Mynamar for a month! He's taking some Christmas cheer to his friends! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:38 am

Our SonicRadio station on DirecTv went blank yesterday and then began playing Christmas tunes on the Swing station! Hey it works for me! :singing:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:39 am

This is post 400 -- we're on our way in our Christmas countdown!!! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter