2013: 2300 Posts til Christmas

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: 2013: 2300 Posts til Christmas

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:50 am

Happy Belated Birthday Kiwidogy!

I got a facebook invite from an Evita Johan in Greece. If this is one of my Christmas friends please let me know. otherwise, I will ignore as I do not usually accept people I do not know unless they are associated with one of my other online groups. So, if any of you are Evita, let me know! Christmas friends are always welcome.
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:04 am

http://realchristmas.com/2013/02/loving ... tmas-tree/

A nice little article from one of my facebook feeds. I had to work hard to find it since I am not online much these days. My swedish group also had a christmas/valentine´s crossover article, but I have not found that one again yet. still looking....
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:56 pm

kiwidogy_max wrote:I just got back from a lovely dinner at a friend's home. We had such a good time that we will be back again for dinner on Sunday! They still light up their Christmas candles and lighted garland! That made me happy!!! The meal was delicious too!!

Kiwi, I love the way you celebrate holidays: stretching them over several days. That way you have more time with each group of family & friends, and more time to celebrate! I'm so glad your loved ones value & celebrate YOU! :D

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:56 pm

Tomtemor wrote:http://realchristmas.com/2013/02/loving-our-valentines-christmas-tree/

A nice little article from one of my facebook feeds. I had to work hard to find it since I am not online much these days. My swedish group also had a christmas/valentine´s crossover article, but I have not found that one again yet. still looking....

Thanks for the Valentine link, Tomtemor. You always post such nice Christmas links too. Hope your day was special! :D

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:57 pm

Just received a belated Christmas gift - :lol: . My DH had ordered an android app for my Kindle, but I just saw the redemption coupon in my account. Time to play some Christmas fun! :lol:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby kiwidogy_max » Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:40 am

After a lovely evening with friends and family, I am off to bed. I count my blessings for having such wonderful people in my life. That is why I look forward to Christmas so much!
Love and Joy Come to You!
Santa's coming Santa's coming! I know him!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby kiwidogy_max » Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:45 am

Tontemor, thank you for the birthday wishes! Tonight family and friends were ever to celebrate with some delicious lasagna. This new home is wonderful for entertaining. It had started with our Christmas sweater party and I hope it continues many times throughout the year.

A friend at the party tonight mentioned that he wanted to have a Christmas sweater party in the summer, but cut off the sleeves. Ha! I am intrigued!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby Noel+ » Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:25 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:Tontemor, thank you for the birthday wishes! Tonight family and friends were ever to celebrate with some delicious lasagna. This new home is wonderful for entertaining. It had started with our Christmas sweater party and I hope it continues many times throughout the year.

A friend at the party tonight mentioned that he wanted to have a Christmas sweater party in the summer, but cut off the sleeves. Ha! I am intrigued!

:D Ha! That's a great idea for Christmas in July! Christmas tanks, tees or just snip off the arms of a sweater. Thanks for passing along such a great idea.

And especially happy to read how wonderful your birthday celebration has been! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:50 pm

It's hard to believe it was snowing yesterday :flake: and today it's almost 60 degrees 8-) . One extreme to the next.

I had a great morning with my kiddos at church. This year we are fundraising for Operation Christmas Child. We have a little over $100 now and I am so excited. Our goal is 100 boxes and I know we can do it!

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:52 pm

kiwidogy_max wrote:Tontemor, thank you for the birthday wishes! Tonight family and friends were ever to celebrate with some delicious lasagna. This new home is wonderful for entertaining. It had started with our Christmas sweater party and I hope it continues many times throughout the year.

A Christmas sweater party in the summer! What a neat idea! But I don't think I could get any takers here with our hot, humid summers. :lol:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby kiwidogy_max » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:41 am

CandyKane, good luck with your Operation Christmas Child campaign. That is a wonderful thing you do.
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby kiwidogy_max » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:52 am

I am just starting to get into Pinterest. I am following photography, DIY Projects, cooking, and of course, Christmas. It's pretty cool! :think:
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby ksrjreed » Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:48 pm

I have found myself to have a problem, a good problem in my eyes, and the problem is that I can only clean my house with Christmas music playing. Listening to Christmas music just gives me the energy I need to get things done around the house. :smilecc:

Some men are Baptists, others Catholics; my father was an Oldsmobile man.
ksrjreed
Bow Maker

Location: Helping the Old Man Change a Tire,,,,,,,OH FUDGE!!!

Postby kiwidogy_max » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:41 am

While my girlfriend may wish Christmas music inspired me to do cleaning, it unfortunately does not. It always seems to relax me on my way to and from work, though.
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby kiwidogy_max » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:43 am

I will have plenty of time to develop my cleaning skills next week during my school winter break. I better get my Christmas playlists ready!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby Noel+ » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:36 am

CandyKane wrote:It's hard to believe it was snowing yesterday :flake: and today it's almost 60 degrees 8-) . One extreme to the next.

I had a great morning with my kiddos at church. This year we are fundraising for Operation Christmas Child. We have a little over $100 now and I am so excited. Our goal is 100 boxes and I know we can do it!

That's wonderful CK. Operation Christmas Child is such a wonderful charity! My church also collects boxes each year and we love buying/making items all year long to fill them.

I believe in your sweet church children and know you'll exceed your goal! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:37 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:I am just starting to get into Pinterest. I am following photography, DIY Projects, cooking, and of course, Christmas. It's pretty cool! :think:

Pinterest is a fave with my family & friends too. I simply just don't have the time with all the schedules. Maybe in the future.......like at Christmas time! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:38 am

ksrjreed wrote:I have found myself to have a problem, a good problem in my eyes, and the problem is that I can only clean my house with Christmas music playing. Listening to Christmas music just gives me the energy I need to get things done around the house. :smilecc:

ksrjreed its so nice to have you posting with us again! I know Christmas Crazy, and I have mentioned we love to play Christmas music while doing chores. So I relate perfectly to what you're doing! And all of us listen to the music all year long! Sing those Christmas carols......... :singing: :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:40 am

We're doing a little closet cleaning to donate items we no longer wear or use. I've lost 2 dress sizes this past year, so my bundle is the biggest! :D Most charities lack food & items during the year, not just Christmas, so it is joy to do this chore! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby kiwidogy_max » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:39 am

Tomtemor- that valentine's day / Christmas tree article was great! If only I could convince my girlfriend to allow me to do that! In the past, when I was single, I left my artificial tree up through February and loved every minute of it!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter