2013: 2300 Posts til Christmas

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: 2013: 2300 Posts til Christmas

Postby Noel+ » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:55 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:
Noel+ wrote:Received my daily Kindle bargain update and ordered a couple of Christmas presents! YAY! :smilecc:

I love that you start your Christmas shopping early. I'm always looking for something to buy my wife. She is so hard to shop for. All she likes is clothes, shoes, and jewelry. She has to pick out her shoes and clothes. And I can't afford the jewelry right now. But maybe something else will catch her eye that I can go get and then surprise her this Christmas.
:D

A hint: check the brand name of the jewelry she likes and pick out a piece she doesn't have yet. Most women love surprise gifts........especially at Christmas! I love your heart towards your wife! :D

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:57 am

CandyKane wrote:Winter isn't quite finished with us yet. Wednesday morning I was jolted out of bed at 4am by the cell phone screeching about an ice storm warning. Ugh! The sleet moved in early afternoon with the rain the next day. We actually had a thunder ice storm with lots of rain and lightening. It was neat but scary. Fortunately we didn't get the amount of ice buildup that was forecast so the trees didn't break and the power stayed on. The roads were horrible though. It's really melted today so I hope this is our last bout with winter precipation. It's no fair having winter weather without Christmas. I'm ready for Spring. :elfgrin:

So glad to hear you & family are all safe with no major home damage Candy Kane. As a child I loved ice storms because it was so beautiful when the trees were all covered with ice. Still like the look just understand how dangerous it can be! Spring is just around the corner CK! :smilecc:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:58 am

Hope this finds all my CAY friends healthy, happy & prosperous and filled with Christmas cheer!

This morning I'm taking my brother, and a friend out to breakfast. Then we are having a 'sibling day' with my sister. My brother wants to tour the WWII aircraft at a local base and my sister wants a fabulous meal. I'm in for both! This type of outing is my favorite when it is not Christmas. :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:03 am

Noel+ wrote:
Christmas Crazy wrote:
kiwidogy_max wrote:I am just starting to get into Pinterest. I am following photography, DIY Projects, cooking, and of course, Christmas. It's pretty cool! :think:

Search for "Christmas Cr8zy" on Pintrest and see if you can find me. Not sure if that will work.
Let me know.

It didn't come up for me Christmas Crazy?

Search for "Rich Hanni" under people. That will find me. :D
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby kiwidogy_max » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:51 am

As I lay dozing on the couch this evening, I thought it was Christmas once again as Saturday Night Live was playing their Christmas 2012 episode. I DVR'd it as I couldn't keep myself awake. I can't wait to watch tomorrow!!
Love and Joy Come to You!
Santa's coming Santa's coming! I know him!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby kiwidogy_max » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:52 am

A late Christmas present for me... It's school break this coming week! I am going to take some time and go to The Christmas Loft store. It has been too long!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby kiwidogy_max » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:16 pm

It's a snowy Sunday afternoon in Vt! I can't help but think about Christmas!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby Noel+ » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:16 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:
Noel+ wrote:
Christmas Crazy wrote:
kiwidogy_max wrote:I am just starting to get into Pinterest. I am following photography, DIY Projects, cooking, and of course, Christmas. It's pretty cool! :think:

Search for "Christmas Cr8zy" on Pintrest and see if you can find me. Not sure if that will work.
Let me know.

It didn't come up for me Christmas Crazy?

Search for "Rich Hanni" under people. That will find me. :D

Thanks Christmas Crazy. My computer crashed last night -- thanks goodness DH has a laptop! I can use my tablet but I'm slow typing. Your page looks great!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:16 pm

kiwidogy_max wrote:As I lay dozing on the couch this evening, I thought it was Christmas once again as Saturday Night Live was playing their Christmas 2012 episode. I DVR'd it as I couldn't keep myself awake. I can't wait to watch tomorrow!!

Sure made it feel like Christmas didn't it? Good show......... :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:17 pm

kiwidogy_max wrote:A late Christmas present for me... It's school break this coming week! I am going to take some time and go to The Christmas Loft store. It has been too long!

If I could find a Christmas shop here I'd be there every month! ENJOY!!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:19 pm

My brother and I did some Christmas shopping today for our friends in Mynamar. He leaves Thursday for Mynamar. I found a watch, he found a necklace, and then it took 15 minutes to find a card our friends would understand. American humor doesn't translate well in an oppressed country. THEN they still had some Christmas items on sale! and one Christmas decoration is going to Mynamar! :D :D :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:34 am

Noel+ wrote:My brother and I did some Christmas shopping today for our friends in Mynamar. He leaves Thursday for Mynamar. I found a watch, he found a necklace, and then it took 15 minutes to find a card our friends would understand. American humor doesn't translate well in an oppressed country. THEN they still had some Christmas items on sale! and one Christmas decoration is going to Mynamar! :D :D :D

Sending a little bit of Christmas half way around the world. NICE!
Are your friends originally from there?
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:08 am

We only need 7 more Christmas posts to reach 600. Let's do it today!
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:08 pm

We got a thunderstorm yesterday afternoon that dumped enough small hail to cover the ground, another storm last night with well over an inch of rain, snow flurries this morning, enough wind to knock you down, and the sun has been out about 2 minutes all day. Yuck! Really wish this Winter was over. Once Christmas is over, it should be Spring! :elfgrin:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:03 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:
Noel+ wrote:My brother and I did some Christmas shopping today for our friends in Mynamar. He leaves Thursday for Mynamar. I found a watch, he found a necklace, and then it took 15 minutes to find a card our friends would understand. American humor doesn't translate well in an oppressed country. THEN they still had some Christmas items on sale! and one Christmas decoration is going to Mynamar! :D :D :D

Sending a little bit of Christmas half way around the world. NICE!
Are your friends originally from there?

No, they are nationals. My brother does missions work. We have 2 other friends in country. They are all devastatingly poor, and risk their lives for worshipping Christ. They are the true definition of courage to my heart. They are not allowing to celebrate Christmas and if caught, are imprisoned. One of my heroes!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:04 am

CandyKane wrote:We got a thunderstorm yesterday afternoon that dumped enough small hail to cover the ground, another storm last night with well over an inch of rain, snow flurries this morning, enough wind to knock you down, and the sun has been out about 2 minutes all day. Yuck! Really wish this Winter was over. Once Christmas is over, it should be Spring! :elfgrin:

Oh, CK, your last post was about bad weather [ice storm]. I can hear the weariness in your post. If I could I'd send you our 85F temperatures with full sun, and no clouds. Our nice weather is over but Spring is coming to you soon. And in July? Christmas in July - yay! Sending your sunshine! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:05 am

My brother started my car and laughed out loud as the Christmas rock bloasted his ear drums. He said I'm a Christmas 'nut'! [with a smile] :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:06 am

My nephew gave me a request for a Christmas present this year! Little does he know he'll receive the gift on Easter.........but I love his little Christmasy heart! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:06 am

My brother picked up a Christmas mailbox cover in Snowman design as a surprise for me today! YAY! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:07 am

This is Christmas post #@ 600!!!!!!!!!!! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter