2013: 2300 Posts til Christmas

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: 2013: 2300 Posts til Christmas

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:22 am

Noel+ wrote:Just received a belated Christmas gift - :lol: . My DH had ordered an android app for my Kindle, but I just saw the redemption coupon in my account. Time to play some Christmas fun! :lol:

I am behind the times due to school. What did you get? Is it a christmas app? Hubby just got me yet another smart phone..........ugh. I miss my old phone but this one is an android. :shop:
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:23 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:
ksrjreed wrote:I have found myself to have a problem, a good problem in my eyes, and the problem is that I can only clean my house with Christmas music playing. Listening to Christmas music just gives me the energy I need to get things done around the house. :smilecc:

ksrjreed, it sure makes it a lot more fun. Since we gotta clean the house anyway, we might as well tickle the ears and touch the heart with some Christmas music. :D

My swedish hubby said his mother used to play christmas music while housecleaning. She was deceased long before I met him, but I bet she was a great lady and a christmas lover too. :gbhouse:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:25 am

Noel+ wrote:On my way to a family dinner for my brother on his last night at home. He leaves about 4am tomorrow morning for Mynamar. It's 3 days of flights, transfers, and custom check-ins - oh, joy. I told him to keep Christmas in his heart while waiting in those long dreary lines! :D

Christmas travel music is definitely in order. have to remember that if we go to the States, either for visiting or staying.............hope all my christmas friends are doing well, this is my first chance to catch up on the news in awhile.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:28 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:
kiwidogy_max wrote:It was a sad day yesterday as I finally took down the Christmas kissing balls and wreath from the front porch. That's ok though, the snow keeps falling in Vermont.

Even though we have taken down the Christmas decorations, I am SO ready for spring.

That brings up a good question. When do you put up the easter decorations? especially this year when it is so early? IN the US I decorated for valentine´s day and st patrick´s day (my birthday) as well, but here don´t have the time, space or stuff..........Easter is almost as much fun as christmas.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:30 am

Noel+ wrote:
kiwidogy_max wrote:I will be cleaning the basement tomorrow, so Christmas carols are in order.

Aha, that's how I clean the house on Fridays or Saturdays! Christmas music lifts my spirit doing any chore! :D

I tried cleaning the house last thursday without christmas music, it was not the same..........so now I need hubby to make me a Christmas Housecleaning CD mix to put on anytime........... :scene:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:23 pm

Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:49 pm

I hope all my Christmas friends had a great day today.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:51 pm

Tomtemor wrote:
Noel+ wrote:
kiwidogy_max wrote:I will be cleaning the basement tomorrow, so Christmas carols are in order.

Aha, that's how I clean the house on Fridays or Saturdays! Christmas music lifts my spirit doing any chore! :D

I tried cleaning the house last thursday without christmas music, it was not the same..........so now I need hubby to make me a Christmas Housecleaning CD mix to put on anytime........... :scene:

I need to create a couple of new mixes also. I've listened to the same songs in the car for past several years. Time to freshen it up.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:48 pm

Hello?
Where did all my Christmas friends go?
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:42 am

Tomtemor wrote:
Noel+ wrote:Just received a belated Christmas gift - :lol: . My DH had ordered an android app for my Kindle, but I just saw the redemption coupon in my account. Time to play some Christmas fun! :lol:

I am behind the times due to school. What did you get? Is it a christmas app? Hubby just got me yet another smart phone..........ugh. I miss my old phone but this one is an android. :shop:

Oh, an android app for my tablet.......like your phone used. It enables me to use certain programs! :D

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:43 am

Tomtemor wrote:
Noel+ wrote:On my way to a family dinner for my brother on his last night at home. He leaves about 4am tomorrow morning for Mynamar. It's 3 days of flights, transfers, and custom check-ins - oh, joy. I told him to keep Christmas in his heart while waiting in those long dreary lines! :D

Christmas travel music is definitely in order. have to remember that if we go to the States, either for visiting or staying.............hope all my christmas friends are doing well, this is my first chance to catch up on the news in awhile.

We've missed you Tomtemor! So glad you have posting with us again. And yes Christmas carols make traveling easier! :smilecc:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:44 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:I hope all my Christmas friends had a great day today.

Mine was a Christmas Friday of R&R and I enjoyed it emensly. Tomorrow, time to work.

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:45 am

This Irish lass is excited that we're celebrating St Patty's Day this month. So you'll notice a new avatar & siggie. They help me pass the days - holiday by holiday - until Christmas! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:37 pm

Noel+ wrote:This Irish lass is excited that we're celebrating St Patty's Day this month. So you'll notice a new avatar & siggie. They help me pass the days - holiday by holiday - until Christmas! :smilecc:

I have wondered how you create your beautiful signatures. Is it a computer program? I have not tried today, but last time I tried, I was still unable to change my avatar again. Will try again after this session to see if the christmas magic has returned.

Spent friday listening to the christmas mp3 OTR programs, Jack Benny this time, and for a little while Live365.com´s Winterscapes channel at school. When working in Swedish, I need instrumental music rather than english. It is tough to listen in english and think in swedish. I also created an alternate facebook account in the name of Jolly O´Leary /my elf name to see if facebook really is keeping me from getting a job. It has been a busy week, but one more week closer to Christmas! :elfgrin: :scene:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:32 pm

Yes, Jennifer, I use photoshop and HP image maker. Any program like that will do - it just takes practice. Practice, practice and more practice! :wink: Plus I save mine so they're ready for next year if I do not have time to make a new one.

I understand your need for instrumental Christmas music when working in Swedish. Your play list sounded great! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:55 pm

We woke up to a dusting of snow this morning that has all melted off this afternoon thanks to some glorious sunshine. 8-)

Our dollar store has a great selection of half price toys. I was able to combine a $5 off coupon to make a great shopping trip which stocked up on toys for Operation Christmas Child. :shop:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:20 am

CandyKane wrote:We woke up to a dusting of snow this morning that has all melted off this afternoon thanks to some glorious sunshine. 8-)

Our dollar store has a great selection of half price toys. I was able to combine a $5 off coupon to make a great shopping trip which stocked up on toys for Operation Christmas Child. :shop:

I'm happy to hear you've had some sunshine, which I know you've longed for lately.

And what a great way to find bargains for Operation Christmas Child - kudos! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:21 am

Our temperatures reached 84F yesterday, and it was hot in the sunshine! Hard to think about Christmas when you're sweltering as you spray weed killer around the yards! :lol:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:52 pm

Noel+ wrote:Our temperatures reached 84F yesterday, and it was hot in the sunshine! Hard to think about Christmas when you're sweltering as you spray weed killer around the yards! :lol:

I love Christmas time, but I'm ready for some warm weather now.
Looks like we might warm up this weekend. :smilecc:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:23 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:
Noel+ wrote:Our temperatures reached 84F yesterday, and it was hot in the sunshine! Hard to think about Christmas when you're sweltering as you spray weed killer around the yards! :lol:

I love Christmas time, but I'm ready for some warm weather now.
Looks like we might warm up this weekend. :smilecc:

Enjoy your post-Christmas warmer weather Christmas Crazy. I know Candy Kane & Tomtemor have posted wishes for warmer weather too. I'd be happy to exchange our warmer temps -- if only I could! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter