2013: 2300 Posts til Christmas

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: 2013: 2300 Posts til Christmas

Postby Noel+ » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:24 am

:D You just have to love children. Very early this morning, at their suggestion, we made a batch of bell shaped Christmas cookies. They are now all gone -- with smiling faces! :wink:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:39 am

Noel+ wrote:
Christmas Crazy wrote:
Noel+ wrote:Our temperatures reached 84F yesterday, and it was hot in the sunshine! Hard to think about Christmas when you're sweltering as you spray weed killer around the yards! :lol:

I love Christmas time, but I'm ready for some warm weather now.
Looks like we might warm up this weekend. :smilecc:

Enjoy your post-Christmas warmer weather Christmas Crazy. I know Candy Kane & Tomtemor have posted wishes for warmer weather too. I'd be happy to exchange our warmer temps -- if only I could! :D

Not me! The very short swedish spring is followed by the very hot swedish summer (no AC in Europe!) I do not mind the cold but the darkness I could do without. Perky (hubby´s new elf name) says that "spring is like winter without snow". But I say "spring" is temps in the 60´s and 70´s and that we only have for about two weeks. I wish it could be Christmas weather all the time! :snowwow:
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:20 pm

I'll toast to Christmas winter with snow all the time! :snowwow:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:11 pm

Noel+ wrote:I'll toast to Christmas winter with snow all the time! :snowwow:

Here we are having "vårvinter" literally spring/winter sort of the reverse of indian summer. The snow is melting but it is still cold. The next Christmas is SO VERY FAR AWAY............ :snowwow:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:17 pm

Tomtemor wrote:
Noel+ wrote:I'll toast to Christmas winter with snow all the time! :snowwow:

Here we are having "vårvinter" literally spring/winter sort of the reverse of indian summer. The snow is melting but it is still cold. The next Christmas is SO VERY FAR AWAY............ :snowwow:

8-) That's very interesting non-christmas weather. I focus on each new holiday yo help time pass more quickly tl Christmas.

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:37 pm

I don't like the cold weather.
Santa needs to have his elves create "Warm Snow" with freezing point of 60 degrees.
That would be nice. Then almost everyone could have a white Christmas.
:snowwow: :snowwow: :snowwow: :snowwow: :snowwow: :snowwow:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:39 pm

I listened to some of my Mariah Carey Christmas CD on the way home last night and back to work this morning. Made my heart glad.
Last edited by Christmas Crazy on Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:57 pm

My daughter(16) and I finished a new Christmas puzzle last night.
The best part is we had a great time laughing and talking with each other.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:40 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:My daughter(16) and I finished a new Christmas puzzle last night.

too christmas cute!
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:19 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:I don't like the cold weather.
Santa needs to have his elves create "Warm Snow" with freezing point of 60 degrees.
That would be nice. Then almost everyone could have a white Christmas.
:snowwow: :snowwow: :snowwow: :snowwow: :snowwow: :snowwow:

:lol: You're a funny elf Christmas Crazy! Santa loves snow!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:19 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:I listened to some of my Mariah Carey Christmas CD on the way home last night and back to work this morning. Made my heart glad.

Yes her Christmas album is beautiful all year round! :singing:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:20 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:My daughter(16) and I finished a new Christmas puzzle last night.

Who doesn't love Peanuts? And you were creating life-long Christmas memories with your precious daughter! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby tinseltown » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:41 am

Hi everyone im back from my travels in the Uk :smilecc: It was snowing when i arrived so that was fun :snowwow: My sister lives in a small village in the peak district so it was like something from a christmas card , snow covered fields with little stone walls and sheep stomping around and horses with shaggy coats playing in the snow . I thought of all my CAY friends how much you would have enjoyed it there :snowwow: Got some lovely discount christmas cards ,the tartan ones are lovely , with80% off !!! fFound a lovely rocking horse tree dec in the sale in a place called Whitby which incidentally inspired Bram Stokers Dracula when he saw the abbey there but i was more into the lovely knicknack shops :holly1: Also got a lovely Christmas cook book and found in a second hand shop a book about christmas traditions in country Chesire in days gone by so i will enjoy reading that . :smilecc: Love to all and hope you are all keeping the christmas spirit alive in your lives :smilecc: :snowwow: Blessings :snowwow:
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby Christmas Crazy » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:58 am

tinseltown wrote:Hi everyone im back from my travels in the Uk :smilecc: It was snowing when i arrived so that was fun :snowwow: My sister lives in a small village in the peak district so it was like something from a christmas card , snow covered fields with little stone walls and sheep stomping around and horses with shaggy coats playing in the snow . I thought of all my CAY friends how much you would have enjoyed it there :snowwow: Got some lovely discount christmas cards ,the tartan ones are lovely , with80% off !!! fFound a lovely rocking horse tree dec in the sale in a place called Whitby which incidentally inspired Bram Stokers Dracula when he saw the abbey there but i was more into the lovely knicknack shops :holly1: Also got a lovely Christmas cook book and found in a second hand shop a book about christmas traditions in country Chesire in days gone by so i will enjoy reading that . :smilecc: Love to all and hope you are all keeping the christmas spirit alive in your lives :smilecc: :snowwow: Blessings :snowwow:

tinseltown,
I'm so glad you had a great time. Your Christmas friends have missed you.
The area you went to sounds so beautiful. Maybe some day I can visit places like that. :D

I'm glad your back.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:32 am

Hi tinseltown - you've been missed and its lovely to hear from you!

Your description of the lovely snowy English countryside sounds like a Dicken's Christmas! Just beautiful.........and so happy you've been richly blessed!

Enjoy your cookbook reading! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:33 am

It's another Christmas Friday! As I cannot sleep, I'm doing some quiet cleaning to be ahead of schedule tomorrow. Thank goodness for mp3 players so I can dance to my Christmas rock tunes! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:14 am

Noel+ wrote:It's another Christmas Friday! As I cannot sleep, I'm doing some quiet cleaning to be ahead of schedule tomorrow. Thank goodness for mp3 players so I can dance to my Christmas rock tunes! :D

Merry Friday Christmas! I listened to my christmas mp3 on the train to and from school and to Winterscapes on Live365 for a bit at school before others came in. Now I am listening to one of the more lively christmas channels before hubby comes home and we go into friday night pub and shopping mode........I so want to stay home, but we have a meeting in downtown stockholm and I need a new train ticket to get to school. Busses and trains are not my idea of fun way to spend a saturday. Christmas is so much more fun.......... :scene:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:18 pm

Tomtemor wrote:
Noel+ wrote:It's another Christmas Friday! As I cannot sleep, I'm doing some quiet cleaning to be ahead of schedule tomorrow. Thank goodness for mp3 players so I can dance to my Christmas rock tunes! :D

Merry Friday Christmas! I listened to my christmas mp3 on the train to and from school and to Winterscapes on Live365 for a bit at school before others came in. Now I am listening to one of the more lively christmas channels before hubby comes home and we go into friday night pub and shopping mode........I so want to stay home, but we have a meeting in downtown stockholm and I need a new train ticket to get to school. Busses and trains are not my idea of fun way to spend a saturday. Christmas is so much more fun.......... :scene:

Wishing you, Tomtemor, a lovely weekend invoking Christmas memories of the past! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:20 pm

I broke my own rule today: I quit before my 'to do' list was done. You may ask why? It's raining and cloudy and my windchimes are calling my heart to distant green Spring memories in Indiana! I plan to enjoy every moment it lasts! It evokes that anticipation of Christmas feeling. :D :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby tinseltown » Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:25 pm

Hope everyone is having a great weekend :smilecc: time change here at the end of March so its countdown to October again which is back to winter and then CHRISTMAS :smilecc: :snowwow: :holly1: :shop:
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter