2013: 2300 Posts til Christmas

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: 2013: 2300 Posts til Christmas

Postby Noel+ » Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:57 pm

:wink: Just love your time logic, tinseltown! Anything to shorten the road back to Christmas I'll toast!

It's a lovely quiet cooler day here. Just loving it as we are predicted to have 90F temps in 4 days. The last day of winter.........til close til Christmas! :reindeersmile:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:53 am

tinseltown wrote:Hope everyone is having a great weekend :smilecc: time change here at the end of March so its countdown to October again which is back to winter and then CHRISTMAS :smilecc: :snowwow: :holly1: :shop:

This is the confusing time of year as the EU time change is not until the end of the month. I always forget whether my parents in Texas are one hour further away from us or closer. We had spring like weather for 3 days and now it is clear and cold. Have not checked the long term forcast. I would rather have Christmas weather year round. :snowwow:
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:25 am

Yes, time zone changed at midnight. Just got up and Fox News was an hour earlier than here so I had to change the clock time zones. One way to look at it: another sign Christmas is closer every day! :smilecc:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:56 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8sRpCeocVk
A st patrick´s day and christmas crossover. Also my birthday! I told hubby I like having birthdays, just not getting older when I asked if we were eating "birthday" (st patrick´s day) food all next weekend. ;-)
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby tinseltown » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:38 pm

Glad to see we have Christmas in our sights and heart even if it seems so far away :snowwow: I will be going in to work to prepare the shops at the end of this week . Mixed feelings as we need the cash but i love being at home :scene: Weather here is strong winds and stormy skies but i prefer this to the heat the summer will bring . Ive decided that throughout the summer i will have my christmas books out and research recipies for the holiday season :smilecc: So glad i have my CAY friends to share my christmas thoughts :smilecc: Invited to a party next week and i have to dress up as .... Barry White !!! Will use my Dutch friends makeup that her daughter used at christmas as a black Pete or Santas helper in Holland :smilecc: Love to you all enjoy your week
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby Noel+ » Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:22 pm

Tomtemor wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8sRpCeocVk
A st patrick´s day and christmas crossover. Also my birthday! I told hubby I like having birthdays, just not getting older when I asked if we were eating "birthday" (st patrick´s day) food all next weekend. ;-)

Thanks for the great St Paddy's-Christmas link! And who does like counting birthday candles? Not me!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:24 pm

tinseltown wrote:Glad to see we have Christmas in our sights and heart even if it seems so far away :snowwow: I will be going in to work to prepare the shops at the end of this week . Mixed feelings as we need the cash but i love being at home :scene: Weather here is strong winds and stormy skies but i prefer this to the heat the summer will bring . Ive decided that throughout the summer i will have my christmas books out and research recipies for the holiday season :smilecc: So glad i have my CAY friends to share my christmas thoughts :smilecc: Invited to a party next week and i have to dress up as .... Barry White !!! Will use my Dutch friends makeup that her daughter used at christmas as a black Pete or Santas helper in Holland :smilecc: Love to you all enjoy your week

That's a hoot that you're dressing up as Barry White! :lol: Sounds like a fun party to me!

And, yes, we're here every day of the near to focus our hearts on Christmas and its true meaning. I also research recipes - closer to Christmas in July - and do my menu plans in the sweltering summer heat. We're reach 94F this week! :shock:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:43 am

Good Morning Christmas friends! Where are ya'll?

Hoping this morning finds you healthy, happy and celebrating Christmas in your heart! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:17 am

Just dropping in to say hello to all my Chirstmas friends. :D

Oriental Trading is offering free shipping today. Perfect if you need to stock up on items for Easter. And Christmas!! :smilecc:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:23 am

CandyKane wrote:Just dropping in to say hello to all my Chirstmas friends. :D

Oriental Trading is offering free shipping today. Perfect if you need to stock up on items for Easter. And Christmas!! :smilecc:

Thanks Ck. Good to hear from you. And shopping for Christmas early is always fun.

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:02 pm

Noel+ wrote:

Thanks for the great St Paddy's-Christmas link! And who does like counting birthday candles? Not me!

I changed the birthday on my alternate (fake) facebook acct with my elf name to Dec 25, 1905. It was as far back in time as I could go. Christmas elves are long lived you know. :elfgrin: :shop: :balloons:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby tinseltown » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:23 pm

Tomtemor wrote:
Noel+ wrote:

I changed the birthday on my alternate (fake) facebook acct with my elf name to Dec 25, 1905. It was as far back in time as I could go. Christmas elves are long lived you know. :elfgrin: :shop: :balloons:

Thats a great idea :smilecc:
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby tinseltown » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:23 pm

CandyKane wrote:Just dropping in to say hello to all my Chirstmas friends. :D

Im tempted !!! :snowwow:
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby Noel+ » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:24 pm

Yes, they have some great items for Christmas gifts! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:33 am

Just stopped by kiwidogy's blog to view a beautiful picture of Vermont snow! And his countdown reminded me we're a few days nearer to Christmas! :D :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:07 am

just stopping by for my thursday "hi". It is my work at home day. I miss my Friday Christmases.......but the christmas loaded mp3 player will be going to school with me tomorrow. Applying for a church admin job in NJ. It´s not Texas, but you can see it from there..........and hubby says we would have a white christmas.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:43 am

Tomtemor wrote:just stopping by for my thursday "hi". It is my work at home day. I miss my Friday Christmases.......but the christmas loaded mp3 player will be going to school with me tomorrow. Applying for a church admin job in NJ. It´s not Texas, but you can see it from there..........and hubby says we would have a white christmas.

We continue to pray for your Christmas miracle job, Temtemor. And you can still have Friday Christmases by singing carols!

The board is so quiet. Do you celebrate St. Patty's Day on Sunday? :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:46 am

Noel+ wrote:
Tomtemor wrote:just stopping by for my thursday "hi". It is my work at home day. I miss my Friday Christmases.......but the christmas loaded mp3 player will be going to school with me tomorrow. Applying for a church admin job in NJ. It´s not Texas, but you can see it from there..........and hubby says we would have a white christmas.

We continue to pray for your Christmas miracle job, Temtemor. And you can still have Friday Christmases by singing carols!

The board is so quiet. Do you celebrate St. Patty's Day on Sunday? :D

St Patrick´s day is my birthday, so I am thinking of celebrating all weekend. Check out Mr. Breakfast.com for some great St. Patrick´s day breakfast ideas. I will probably also make lamb stew. Lamb is so much more affordable in europe than Texas, so if I wind up returning home to job hunt, this could be my birthday stew. Hubby is one that gives gifts all year, so I do not expect anything big, but I did ask for some spring "interview" clothes. Presents anytime makes it feel like Christmas! :shop: :balloons:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:00 am

Hello my Christmas friends!

I have not forgotten you. But I have been extremely busy.
Visited a college with my son this past weekend and have been in a training class for work all this week.

It's good to read that y'all still have that wonderful Christmas Spirit in your hearts.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:02 am

I've been listening to Mariah Carey's Christmas CD this week when driving to/from work.

Christmas music always puts me in a great frame of mind when I get to where I'm going.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter