2013: 2300 Posts til Christmas

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: 2013: 2300 Posts til Christmas

Postby Christmas Crazy » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:10 am

Tomtemor wrote:just stopping by for my thursday "hi". It is my work at home day. I miss my Friday Christmases.......but the christmas loaded mp3 player will be going to school with me tomorrow. Applying for a church admin job in NJ. It´s not Texas, but you can see it from there..........and hubby says we would have a white christmas.

New Jersey? No way!
I think I'd rather live under a bridge in Texas than work in a liberal state like New Jersey.
No offense to my east coast friends, but you just can't beat Texas. I wish I lived there.

Although, a White Christmas does sound very nice. :D
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:13 am

Noel+ wrote:
Tomtemor wrote:just stopping by for my thursday "hi". It is my work at home day. I miss my Friday Christmases.......but the christmas loaded mp3 player will be going to school with me tomorrow. Applying for a church admin job in NJ. It´s not Texas, but you can see it from there..........and hubby says we would have a white christmas.

We continue to pray for your Christmas miracle job, Temtemor. And you can still have Friday Christmases by singing carols!

The board is so quiet. Do you celebrate St. Patty's Day on Sunday? :D

We do not celebrate St. Patricks Day. Don't know why. Just never have.
Christmas is way more fun!
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:53 am

Does anyone use the 3m command strips for hanging Christmas decorations around the house? I was on amazon today and ordered dd a wii game. I needed a little something to qualify for free shipping and I couldn't think of anything I really needed. Then I remembered the command strips. I see the commercials every year and have always wanted to try them. I bought the large hooks. Wondering if they will be strong enough to hold stockings?? :think:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:42 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:
Noel+ wrote:

We continue to pray for your Christmas miracle job, Temtemor. And you can still have Friday Christmases by singing carols!

The board is so quiet. Do you celebrate St. Patty's Day on Sunday? :D

We do not celebrate St. Patricks Day. Don't know why. Just never have.
Christmas is way more fun!

Absolutely Christmas & Easter are the best holidays! While I'm Irish its imperative to my family not to miss a little celebration that day! :wink:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:44 am

CandyKane wrote:Does anyone use the 3m command strips for hanging Christmas decorations around the house? I was on amazon today and ordered dd a wii game. I needed a little something to qualify for free shipping and I couldn't think of anything I really needed. Then I remembered the command strips. I see the commercials every year and have always wanted to try them. I bought the large hooks. Wondering if they will be strong enough to hold stockings?? :think:

YES! I use them all year -- right now they're holding up an Easter cross! They really do work - I use them for garlands, wreaths, wall art ........ they leave no marks on the walls! Great choice, CK! And at Christmas, you'll love them! :D :D

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:18 am

Merry Friday Christmas. I sat on the train on the way home listening to Glenn Miller´s rendition of Rudolph the REd Nosed Reindeer and looking at the snowy swedish countryside. You could almost believe it is christmas.

Just out of curiosity, when do my christmas friends start decorating for Easter and wearing "easter clothing". I do not mean the sunday best of easter sunday but rather things with bunnies, eggs, etc, sweaters, jewelry, etc. I have tons of it, but no one wears it here. Liturgically, it is Lent until Holy Saturday, but if one waits until then to decorate, there is just too much to do, like the day before Christams. And, liturgically, "Easter" last until Pentecost, but if you wear "bunny stuff" that long, people think you are weird, and they think I am weird enough as it is.............. :oops: :elfgrin:

When I grew up, my family did not "do" Lent and my mother would decorate for Easter after my birthday (St. Patrick´s Day). We will start cleaning and changing the linens this week (swedish thing).
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:58 pm

Merry Friday Christmas!
I hope everyone had a great day. :elfgrin:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:20 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:

New Jersey? No way!
I think I'd rather live under a bridge in Texas than work in a liberal state like New Jersey.
No offense to my east coast friends, but you just can't beat Texas. I wish I lived there.

Although, a White Christmas does sound very nice. :D

well, it IS at least on the "right" side of the ocean.................beggars cannot be choosers. living under a bridge is what we might be facing soon if hubby does not have a job and my unemployment runs out in September...............besides I probably have a greater chance at getting hit by lightening or being Santa´s next Christmas elf than getting a job "there" from "here". But, nothing ventured nothing gained. It is always easy to say what jobs one will have and not have when one has a job.......
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby tinseltown » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:51 pm

Hi everyone happy christmas Friday . Praying for your job jennifer :smilecc: Went to a mini bible study tonight and my friend still had up her christmas cards :smilecc: Said with all the work that people put in sending them and making them its a shame to take tem down :smilecc: Told her she must join this site :snowwow: Blessings to you all , happy st Patricks day and have a great weekend x :smilecc:
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby Noel+ » Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:56 am

Tomtemor wrote:Merry Friday Christmas. I sat on the train on the way home listening to Glenn Miller´s rendition of Rudolph the REd Nosed Reindeer and looking at the snowy swedish countryside. You could almost believe it is christmas.

Just out of curiosity, when do my christmas friends start decorating for Easter and wearing "easter clothing". I do not mean the sunday best of easter sunday but rather things with bunnies, eggs, etc, sweaters, jewelry, etc. I have tons of it, but no one wears it here. Liturgically, it is Lent until Holy Saturday, but if one waits until then to decorate, there is just too much to do, like the day before Christams. And, liturgically, "Easter" last until Pentecost, but if you wear "bunny stuff" that long, people think you are weird, and they think I am weird enough as it is.............. :oops: :elfgrin:

When I grew up, my family did not "do" Lent and my mother would decorate for Easter after my birthday (St. Patrick´s Day). We will start cleaning and changing the linens this week (swedish thing).

Well, your train ride sounded blissful with a snowy countryside and Glen Miller tunes!

As for Easter decorating..........we keep it simple. I decorate for Spring [its 95F here so we started in February]. Then add some green for St. Paddy's day as I'm Irish descendant. Take down the green and place the cross on the dining room table. The cross is empty because Jesus has risen. Then some sparkly eggs amdst wreaths & garlands. I would do chicks & bunnies, but my DH gets a bit overwhelmed when you add in the kiddos stuffed animals! LOL! I try to keep it simple, meaningful, and keep the focus on our Lord.

I hope that is helpful.

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:57 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:Merry Friday Christmas!
I hope everyone had a great day. :elfgrin:

Yes, it was a great Friday and I hope yours was too Christmas Crazy! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:58 am

tinseltown wrote:Hi everyone happy christmas Friday . Praying for your job jennifer :smilecc: Went to a mini bible study tonight and my friend still had up her christmas cards :smilecc: Said with all the work that people put in sending them and making them its a shame to take tem down :smilecc: Told her she must join this site :snowwow: Blessings to you all , happy st Patricks day and have a great weekend x :smilecc:

Hi Tinseltown,

Happy you had such a wonderful mini-Bible study with your friends. And I hope she does join our Christmas-loving site too!

Blessings to you and a great St Paddy's Day! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:17 pm

Enjoying an absolutely perfect, sunshiny, 80 degree day! 8-) I took dd to a community egg hunt this morning, and all afternoon we have been working outside, cleaning and getting our garden ready. And playing of course. The beautiful weather has much improved my mood. Enjoying the change of seasons...and still dreaming of Christmas! :smilecc:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:03 am

Hello CK. I'll gladly send you 20 of our extra degrees in exchange for some moderate Spring temperatures! That'll keep a smile on your face........and you dreaming of next Christmas! Enjoy your beautiful Spring weather! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:03 am

Happy St. Patrick's Day all my Christmas friends! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:08 am

Wishing Tomtemor a very Happy Birthday! We're so happy you're a part of our Christmas All Year Family! Wishing you much love, joy, and great surprises on this YOUR day!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:13 am

Noel+ wrote:Wishing Tomtemor a very Happy Birthday! We're so happy you're a part of our Christmas All Year Family! Wishing you much love, joy, and great surprises on this YOUR day!

aw.........you made my day! Thanks to my 11 hour week days, there has not been much relaxing at home. However, we did manage to have some green eggs and ham for breakfast and I am about to start a beef stew (no lamb at the grocery store) for dinner. I did not have time to make a cake but made some lucky charms bars. they turned out "okay".....not as much fun as Christmas, but I will take it.

Back to Easter, my mother decorated the whole house for Easter the same as Christmas. I did more in the US when I had more stuff (and space). Here, we usually have these wooden stems that everyone buys and you take them home and they bloom for easter (dogwood, maybe??) They are decorated with feathers, but between the cold winter and the early Easter, the stores have not carried them this year. We have some nice linens, but clearning the table is one of those things that did not happen this weekend. The traditional Swedish easter dinner is roasted chicken with "yellow" rice (tumeric) with the traditional swedish smörgåsbord the night before. I think this year we will go to midnight mass since it is also our time change weekend.........I do not fancy getting up at the equivalent of 4:30 a.m. for the "åtta" (which ironically means 8, but usually happens at 6 or 7 a.m. )

Happy St Patrick´s day to all my Christmas friends! :elfgrin:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:49 pm

Well my beautiful Spring weather didn't last very long. Today it's back to Winter with cold and rain. We're getting some lightening and thunder now, but the severe weather will stay south of us. We've been watching 'The Bible' on the History channel. Very well done. Dd is off on Spring Break this week. Have a lot of fun planned for us. Hoping all my Christmas friends have a great Monday! :smilecc:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:36 am

CandyKane wrote:Well my beautiful Spring weather didn't last very long. Today it's back to Winter with cold and rain. We're getting some lightening and thunder now, but the severe weather will stay south of us. We've been watching 'The Bible' on the History channel. Very well done. Dd is off on Spring Break this week. Have a lot of fun planned for us. Hoping all my Christmas friends have a great Monday! :smilecc:

The weather here has turned rainy as well. But the temps will still be in the mid 70's.
We also have been watching "The Bible". And yes, very well done.
They should make a full movie out of each story. That would be nice.
Especially the Christmas Story. :D
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:41 am

We pulled the Easter decorations out of the attic this weekend.
That's when I saw all the Christmas decorations. I asked if it was too early to decorate for Christmas.
My wife said "Way too early!". So I pouted briefly. Image
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter