2013: 2300 Posts til Christmas

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: 2013: 2300 Posts til Christmas

Postby Noel+ » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:34 am

CandyKane wrote:Well my beautiful Spring weather didn't last very long. Today it's back to Winter with cold and rain. We're getting some lightening and thunder now, but the severe weather will stay south of us. We've been watching 'The Bible' on the History channel. Very well done. Dd is off on Spring Break this week. Have a lot of fun planned for us. Hoping all my Christmas friends have a great Monday! :smilecc:

As I stated before, CK, I wish I could send you some of this hot sunny weather in exchange for the clouds & rain. Funny how the weather can affect our moods.

Enjoy your Spring break time with your DD. Now that's the sunshine of your life!

Yes, The Bible, series is excellent!! Hoping History channel will offer the producers a chance at a regular series. There is so much wealth in The Bible to draw upon! :D

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:36 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:
CandyKane wrote:Well my beautiful Spring weather didn't last very long. Today it's back to Winter with cold and rain. We're getting some lightening and thunder now, but the severe weather will stay south of us. We've been watching 'The Bible' on the History channel. Very well done. Dd is off on Spring Break this week. Have a lot of fun planned for us. Hoping all my Christmas friends have a great Monday! :smilecc:

The weather here has turned rainy as well. But the temps will still be in the mid 70's.
We also have been watching "The Bible". And yes, very well done.
They should make a full movie out of each story. That would be nice.
Especially the Christmas Story. :D

Yes, next week The Bible features Jesus. This mini-series is wonderfully done and very powerful to see these stories sans 'stars' of Hollywood. For me, it makes it more believable. Let's hope they offer the producers a chance for more stories or a series! And I hope they rerun part of it at Christmas! :D

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:37 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:We pulled the Easter decorations out of the attic this weekend.
That's when I saw all the Christmas decorations. I asked if it was too early to decorate for Christmas.
My wife said "Way too early!". So I pouted briefly. Image

My children were pouting right along with you Christmas Crazy! For me, its nice to have some pastel Spring colors around the house. If I count the days, its very very far from Christmas........but if I count the holidays, it's closer than I think! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:02 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:We pulled the Easter decorations out of the attic this weekend.
That's when I saw all the Christmas decorations. I asked if it was too early to decorate for Christmas.

We still have the nativity set up in the kitchen. It is NEVER too early to decorate for Christmas. :scene:
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:08 pm

BIRTHDAY?!
Was there a birthday? Did I miss it? Was there cake?
Oh, I feel so bad. I almost feel like I missed Christmas. :cry:

Happy Belated Birthday Jennifer!!!
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:16 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:BIRTHDAY?!
Was there a birthday? Did I miss it? Was there cake?
Oh, I feel so bad. I almost feel like I missed Christmas. :cry:

Happy Belated Birthday Jennifer!!!

yes, technically there was an anniversary of my birth but not much celebration. Too much time lost in the week with school and the commute that we have to get all the household things done on the weekend. I made lucky charms bars instead of a cake and had beef stew for dinner last night. That was about it. Of course, there were presents, that made it feel like Christmas. :shop:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby tinseltown » Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:04 pm

Tomtemor wrote:
Noel+ wrote:Wishing Tomtemor a very Happy Birthday! We're so happy you're a part of our Christmas All Year Family! Wishing you much love, joy, and great surprises on this YOUR day!

aw.........you made my day! Thanks to my 11 hour week days, there has not been much relaxing at home. However, we did manage to have some green eggs and ham for breakfast and I am about to start a beef stew (no lamb at the grocery store) for dinner. I did not have time to make a cake but made some lucky charms bars. they turned out "okay".....not as much fun as Christmas, but I will take it.

Back to Easter, my mother decorated the whole house for Easter the same as Christmas. I did more in the US when I had more stuff (and space). Here, we usually have these wooden stems that everyone buys and you take them home and they bloom for easter (dogwood, maybe??) They are decorated with feathers, but between the cold winter and the early Easter, the stores have not carried them this year. We have some nice linens, but clearning the table is one of those things that did not happen this weekend. The traditional Swedish easter dinner is roasted chicken with "yellow" rice (tumeric) with the traditional swedish smörgåsbord the night before. I think this year we will go to midnight mass since it is also our time change weekend.........I do not fancy getting up at the equivalent of 4:30 a.m. for the "åtta" (which ironically means 8, but usually happens at 6 or 7 a.m. )

Happy St Patrick´s day to all my Christmas friends! :elfgrin:

Happy belated birthday Jennifer :smilecc:
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby tinseltown » Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:06 pm

Tomtemor wrote:

We still have the nativity set up in the kitchen. It is NEVER too early to decorate for Christmas. :scene:

I still have up my Christmas gingerbread house in the kitchen . Wont be able to eat it now but havent the heart to throw it away . A little piece of christmas still :smilecc:
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby tinseltown » Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:22 pm

Hi Cay friends , hope you all have a super week . Was in bed today with a migraine then hubby told me we had 8 guests arriving for lunch :cry: Couldnt believe it !! Managed to soldier through with their help and my lovely daughter cleared and mopped up after so it wasnt so bad . :dinner: Its a holiday here today called clean monday which is the start of lent as the orthodox Easter is late this year , 5th of may . Everyone eats seafood and picnics but as we have a lovely veranda they all descended on us !! Ive given up chocolate till Easter which i do every year so hope i get rid of some christmas kilos as well :smilecc: Ill be back at work tomorrow so feel like the seasons started already :roll: Will be a differcult year with the crisis AGAIN but as im starting early at least ill be able to start my christmas fund early . Whilst taking down my decs this year 3 sets of lights fused off the tree and the attic mantle piece lights fused so i need to buy 5 sets !!! Going to ask my friend if she can get me some pot pourri oil from the uk as well as put away my christmas dinning table centerpiece today and always like to scent the pot pourri in a closed bag in readiness for when i decorate again ! Got a few Easter decs to put up nearer the time . Love to you all :smilecc: :snowwow:
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby Noel+ » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:30 pm

tinseltown wrote:Hi Cay friends , hope you all have a super week . Was in bed today with a migraine then hubby told me we had 8 guests arriving for lunch :cry: Couldnt believe it !! Managed to soldier through with their help and my lovely daughter cleared and mopped up after so it wasnt so bad . :dinner: Its a holiday here today called clean monday which is the start of lent as the orthodox Easter is late this year , 5th of may . Everyone eats seafood and picnics but as we have a lovely veranda they all descended on us !! Ive given up chocolate till Easter which i do every year so hope i get rid of some christmas kilos as well :smilecc: Ill be back at work tomorrow so feel like the seasons started already :roll: Will be a differcult year with the crisis AGAIN but as im starting early at least ill be able to start my christmas fund early . Whilst taking down my decs this year 3 sets of lights fused off the tree and the attic mantle piece lights fused so i need to buy 5 sets !!! Going to ask my friend if she can get me some pot pourri oil from the uk as well as put away my christmas dinning table centerpiece today and always like to scent the pot pourri in a closed bag in readiness for when i decorate again ! Got a few Easter decs to put up nearer the time . Love to you all :smilecc: :snowwow:

Migraines can be so disabilitating.........hope you are feeling much better now tinseltown.

You certainly are a busy hostess!

The new cooler LED Christmas lights last much longer than the older types, so hopefully when you replace your strands they'll last a decade of Christmas decorating!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:21 am

tinseltown wrote:Hi Cay friends , hope you all have a super week . Was in bed today with a migraine then hubby told me we had 8 guests arriving for lunch :cry: Couldnt believe it !! Managed to soldier through with their help and my lovely daughter cleared and mopped up after so it wasnt so bad . :dinner: Its a holiday here today called clean monday which is the start of lent as the orthodox Easter is late this year , 5th of may . Love to you all :smilecc: :snowwow:

Interesting the non-orthodox easter is early this year and the orthodox one is late. Have to read up on the difference. I also try to give up chocolote and we usually try to go back to meatless mondays and wheatless wednesdays but this year, with me in school, it is whatever is fast and comes to hand for dinner. Most Swedes do not fast even though the name of the season is "Fast". it is just a word on the calendar. Swedish tradition is to eat some sort of bean dish on tuesdays followed by a dessert called semla(or-plural). It is a cardamum bun hollowed out and filled with marzipan and whipped cream and then the top of the bun put back on. I can stand about one a season, but hubby loves them. If I run into them at the store today, he will think it is Christmas! :dinner:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:50 am

I keep forgetting to mention that most Ikea stores are having a Swedish easter buffet on March 22 for $9.99 (in the US). Check out your local Ikea stores. I have read reviews on personal blogs and it seems people really enjoy it and it sounds rather authentic. Hubby calls Ikea the Outpost for Displaced Swedes.............he is too christmas cute. :dinner:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby kiwidogy_max » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:53 am

Snow day today! 12-18 inches of snow coming. Already a good amount out there. A little late Christmas present!
Love and Joy Come to You!
Santa's coming Santa's coming! I know him!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby kiwidogy_max » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:58 am

Jennifer, I wish you luck on your job prospects in NJ. It would be great having you on this side of the Atlantic again! Sending Christmas wishes your way.
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby kiwidogy_max » Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:01 am

I hope everyone had a happy and safe St. Patrick's Day! I did partake in the green beer. As I sipped mine at a friend's house, I looked outside and saw a Christmas door mat on their deck. It must have been a sign of the oncoming snow storm.
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:18 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:Snow day today! 12-18 inches of snow coming. Already a good amount out there. A little late Christmas present!

We had more snow yesterday. It looks like Christmas again. Correction, just checked the window, it is snowing now.............we often have snow for Easter and that is when Easter is in April. :snowwow:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:37 am

Tomtemor wrote:I keep forgetting to mention that most Ikea stores are having a Swedish easter buffet on March 22 for $9.99 (in the US). Check out your local Ikea stores. I have read reviews on personal blogs and it seems people really enjoy it and it sounds rather authentic. Hubby calls Ikea the Outpost for Displaced Swedes.............he is too christmas cute. :dinner:

Thanks for the tip Tomtemor. Sounds like a fun way to indulge in some Swedish culture and would be a new experience for the kiddos. A little like pre-Christmas buffet! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:37 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:Snow day today! 12-18 inches of snow coming. Already a good amount out there. A little late Christmas present!

Kiwi - you've been missed! Hope the snow brings warm Christmas memories to your mind! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:38 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:I hope everyone had a happy and safe St. Patrick's Day! I did partake in the green beer. As I sipped mine at a friend's house, I looked outside and saw a Christmas door mat on their deck. It must have been a sign of the oncoming snow storm.

:lol: Christmas wishes on St Patty's Day -- just love it!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:39 am

Tomtemor wrote:

We had more snow yesterday. It looks like Christmas again. Correction, just checked the window, it is snowing now.............we often have snow for Easter and that is when Easter is in April. :snowwow:

Just the thought of snow brings Christmas memories to me as the A/C runs because were near 90F again today. :snowwow: :snowwow:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter