2013: 2300 Posts til Christmas

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: 2013: 2300 Posts til Christmas

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:59 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:Snow day today! 12-18 inches of snow coming. Already a good amount out there. A little late Christmas present!

Have fun playing in the new snow my Christmas friend.
I'm a little jealous. I love a good snow storm.Image

We had severe thunderstorms last night in GA, but most of it went around our town.
A lot of people were without power.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:17 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:
kiwidogy_max wrote:Snow day today! 12-18 inches of snow coming. Already a good amount out there. A little late Christmas present!

Have fun playing in the new snow my Christmas friend.
I'm a little jealous. I love a good snow storm.Image

We had severe thunderstorms last night in GA, but most of it went around our town.
A lot of people were without power.

I love a good snow storm too, Christmas Crazy. Glad to know the storm left you with power. :D

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:20 am

Noel+ wrote:
Tomtemor wrote:I keep forgetting to mention that most Ikea stores are having a Swedish easter buffet on March 22 for $9.99 (in the US). Check out your local Ikea stores. I have read reviews on personal blogs and it seems people really enjoy it and it sounds rather authentic. Hubby calls Ikea the Outpost for Displaced Swedes.............he is too christmas cute. :dinner:

Thanks for the tip Tomtemor. Sounds like a fun way to indulge in some Swedish culture and would be a new experience for the kiddos. A little like pre-Christmas buffet! :D

the christmas smörgåsbord is pretty much the same as all the other holidays, and even weddings and funerals from what I hear. The "standard" buffet. The differences would be at Christmas, there is the "julskinka" (christmas ham), WE have christmas dinner on christmas day but most swedes just eat leftovers. Easter tradition is Chicken with yellow rice on Easter Sunday with the buffet the night before. I am thinking that is a good idea this year as we are going to midnight mass. You can set up the buffet and nibble all evening long. Very little has to go in the fridge over night. (especially in Sweden). The other "smärgåsbord" time is Midsummer when the main dish is salmon. OH, and we eat salmon for Good Friday as well. :gbhouse:
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:22 am

Hubby just told me we are having another 10 days of snow as well. It's beginning to look alot like..............Christmas..............(I mean Easter).........everywhere you go........... :whistle:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby tinseltown » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:54 pm

Noel+ wrote:
tinseltown wrote:Hi Cay friends , hope you all have a super week . Was in bed today with a migraine then hubby told me we had 8 guests arriving for lunch :cry: Couldnt believe it !! Managed to soldier through with their help and my lovely daughter cleared and mopped up after so it wasnt so bad . :dinner: Its a holiday here today called clean monday which is the start of lent as the orthodox Easter is late this year , 5th of may . Everyone eats seafood and picnics but as we have a lovely veranda they all descended on us !! Ive given up chocolate till Easter which i do every year so hope i get rid of some christmas kilos as well :smilecc: Ill be back at work tomorrow so feel like the seasons started already :roll: Will be a differcult year with the crisis AGAIN but as im starting early at least ill be able to start my christmas fund early . Whilst taking down my decs this year 3 sets of lights fused off the tree and the attic mantle piece lights fused so i need to buy 5 sets !!! Going to ask my friend if she can get me some pot pourri oil from the uk as well as put away my christmas dinning table centerpiece today and always like to scent the pot pourri in a closed bag in readiness for when i decorate again ! Got a few Easter decs to put up nearer the time . Love to you all :smilecc: :snowwow:

Migraines can be so disabilitating.........hope you are feeling much better now tinseltown.

You certainly are a busy hostess!

The new cooler LED Christmas lights last much longer than the older types, so hopefully when you replace your strands they'll last a decade of Christmas decorating!

Thanks for the tip dear friend , cant wait to decorate :smilecc:
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:30 pm

Christmas tunes are ringing in my head today.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:00 pm

I stopped by the Post Office today to pick up some postage stamps and they had the cutest Disney stamps. When I saw them I thought that I would love to see Disney or other animated characters on Christmas stamps. :D

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:10 am

Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:16 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:Christmas tunes are ringing in my head today.

:singing: That's great Christmas Crazy. I find even in my sleep I sometimes have carols ringing! :D

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:17 am

CandyKane wrote:I stopped by the Post Office today to pick up some postage stamps and they had the cutest Disney stamps. When I saw them I thought that I would love to see Disney or other animated characters on Christmas stamps. :D

Yes, I'd love Disney Christmas stamps too! The USPS needs to tap into icons on their stamps! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:18 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:Image

:D and 730 Christmasy posts!!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:32 am

And what's in our forecast for the first few days of Spring?!? Snow of course! :flake: :flake: :flake: Oh well. At least we are one season closer to Christmas! :scene:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby tinseltown » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:55 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:Image

Yeah !!! :smilecc:
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby Noel+ » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:21 pm

CandyKane wrote:And what's in our forecast for the first few days of Spring?!? Snow of course! :flake: :flake: :flake: Oh well. At least we are one season closer to Christmas! :scene:

Thats the Christmas attitude, CK. Countdown through Spring.......Summer.........Autumn.........then CHRISTMAS! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby kiwidogy_max » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:11 pm

It was the first official day of spring and I shoveled at least a foot of snow. I should build a big snow bunny in honor of upcoming Easter. Christmas and Easter coming together!
Love and Joy Come to You!
Santa's coming Santa's coming! I know him!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby kiwidogy_max » Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:17 am

This week is flying by! It's already Thursday! Basketball tonight will be fun and a half day at work tomorrow. You know what that means... Charlie Brown Christmas music while cleaning tomorrow afternoon.
Love and Joy Come to You!
Santa's coming Santa's coming! I know him!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:32 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:It was the first official day of spring and I shoveled at least a foot of snow. I should build a big snow bunny in honor of upcoming Easter. Christmas and Easter coming together!

Hee Hee, snow bunny...............wasn´t there a movie recently about all the mythical creatures joining forces...............what a great Easter/Christmas crossover. :snowwow:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:49 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:It was the first official day of spring and I shoveled at least a foot of snow. I should build a big snow bunny in honor of upcoming Easter. Christmas and Easter coming together!

To me that words because Christmas is the birth of Jesus and Easter is his resurrection! :wink:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:51 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:This week is flying by! It's already Thursday! Basketball tonight will be fun and a half day at work tomorrow. You know what that means... Charlie Brown Christmas music while cleaning tomorrow afternoon.

Yes, we're into basketball [I am a Hoosier born lady]!
And Charlie Brown is good company anytime as Christmas memories flood the heart! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:51 am

Tomtemor wrote:

Hee Hee, snow bunny...............wasn´t there a movie recently about all the mythical creatures joining forces...............what a great Easter/Christmas crossover. :snowwow:

Oh, the Guardians movie? It's out on dvd and they are planning a sequel in time for Christmas next year. :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter