2013: 2300 Posts til Christmas

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: 2013: 2300 Posts til Christmas

Postby Noel+ » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:53 am

It's so quiet in the house this early in the morning, which gives me time to reflect upon the true meaning of Christmas, and Good Friday & Easter. The soft Christmas carols in my memory flood my memories as I begin a new day. We never know what life will bring, even though our routines become normalized. And I am grateful for a few minutes of quiet to meditate.

WIshing each of you a safe, peaceful and joyful [despite circumstances] day.

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:07 am

Noel+ wrote:
Tomtemor wrote:
kiwidogy_max wrote:It was the first official day of spring and I shoveled at least a foot of snow. I should build a big snow bunny in honor of upcoming Easter. Christmas and Easter coming together!

Hee Hee, snow bunny...............wasn´t there a movie recently about all the mythical creatures joining forces...............what a great Easter/Christmas crossover. :snowwow:

Oh, the Guardians movie? It's out on dvd and they are planning a sequel in time for Christmas next year. :smilecc:

hm...have to look for that. I looked too Christmas cute.
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:21 am

Tomtemor wrote:
Noel+ wrote:
Tomtemor wrote:
kiwidogy_max wrote:It was the first official day of spring and I shoveled at least a foot of snow. I should build a big snow bunny in honor of upcoming Easter. Christmas and Easter coming together!

Hee Hee, snow bunny...............wasn´t there a movie recently about all the mythical creatures joining forces...............what a great Easter/Christmas crossover. :snowwow:

Oh, the Guardians movie? It's out on dvd and they are planning a sequel in time for Christmas next year. :smilecc:

hm...have to look for that. I looked too Christmas cute.

Here is the link to Rise of the Guardians on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Rise-of-the-Guardians/dp/B00BBQXQFI/ref=sr_1_1?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1363879232&sr=1-1&keywords=guardians

It does look Christmasy cute! :D

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby tinseltown » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:22 pm

Noel+ wrote:It's so quiet in the house this early in the morning, which gives me time to reflect upon the true meaning of Christmas, and Good Friday & Easter. The soft Christmas carols in my memory flood my memories as I begin a new day. We never know what life will bring, even though our routines become normalized. And I am grateful for a few minutes of quiet to meditate.

WIshing each of you a safe, peaceful and joyful [despite circumstances] day.

Amen to that Noel :smilecc:
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby tinseltown » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:28 pm

Hi everyone got two new christmas dvds as a late christmas present from my Dad to my daughter . Mrs Christmas and a christmas wish ? with Olivia Newton John , think thats the title . Love adding to the collection and that my daughter seems to be in the christmas spirit as well :smilecc: Hope you are all well and healthly and prosperous wherever you are :smilecc: :snowwow:
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby Christmas Crazy » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:32 pm

tinseltown wrote:Hi everyone got two new christmas dvds as a late christmas present from my Dad to my daughter . Mrs Christmas and a christmas wish ? with Olivia Newton John , think thats the title . Love adding to the collection and that my daughter seems to be in the christmas spirit as well :smilecc: Hope you are all well and healthly and prosperous wherever you are :smilecc: :snowwow:

Hooray! It's great to get new Christmas movies!!!
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:14 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:
tinseltown wrote:Hi everyone got two new christmas dvds as a late christmas present from my Dad to my daughter . Mrs Christmas and a christmas wish ? with Olivia Newton John , think thats the title . Love adding to the collection and that my daughter seems to be in the christmas spirit as well :smilecc: Hope you are all well and healthly and prosperous wherever you are :smilecc: :snowwow:

Hooray! It's great to get new Christmas movies!!!

Double hooray for more Christmas movies all year long!! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:24 pm

Here's a list of new Christmas movies scheduled for release this November/December!

FROZEN:

A prophecy traps a kingdom in eternal winter, so Anna (voice of Kirsten Bell) must team up with Kristoff, a daring mountain man, on the grandest of journeys to find the Snow Queen (voice of Idina Menzel) and put an end to the icy spell. Encountering Everest-like extremes, mystical creatures and magic at every turn, Anna and Kristoff battle the elements in a race to save the kingdom from destruction.

A MaDEA CHRISTMAS:

Madea gets coaxed into helping a friend pay her daughter a surprise visit in the country for Christmas, but the biggest surprise is what they'll find when they arrive. As the small, rural town prepares for its annual Christmas Carnival, new secrets are revealed and old relationships are tested while Madea dishes her own brand of Christmas Spirit to all.

Let's hope there are some more surprises before Christmas! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:46 pm

Thanks for the heads up on the new Christmas movies Noel! I love Madea. Can't wait to see it! :smilecc:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:47 pm

We got about 3 inches of the white, fluffy stuff. :flake: :flake: It looks like a beautiful Christmas card outside. :snowwow:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:50 pm

I add my deposits to the 52 week money challenge on Fridays, so as of this morning I have $78 in my fund. This is gonna help make a very bright Christmas! :smilecc:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:48 pm

Merry Friday Christmas!!!
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:31 pm

CandyKane wrote:We got about 3 inches of the white, fluffy stuff. :flake: :flake: It looks like a beautiful Christmas card outside. :snowwow:

Ahh what a beautiful memory of Christmas. Share a photo if you have the time please. :D :snowwow:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:32 pm

CandyKane wrote:I add my deposits to the 52 week money challenge on Fridays, so as of this morning I have $78 in my fund. This is gonna help make a very bright Christmas! :smilecc:

WOOT! WOOT! CK! You're a real Christmas saver! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:32 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:Merry Friday Christmas!!!

Yes, and Merry Christmas Friday to you too Christmas Crazy! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:26 am

http://www.factmonster.com/spot/easter1.html

Interesting article on the orthodox easter calculations. I vote for the fixed date solution like Christmas. In the secular world, easter has very little to do with Passover and those of us who celebrate a spiritual easter know that Christ was the fulfillment of passover so we do not need the date to coincide.

I hope everyone had a Merry Friday Christmas. I was listening to Fibber McGee and Molly on the train!
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:41 pm

Thanks, Tomtemor, for the interesting article link. Whatever the date of Christmas, Good Friday or Easter, it is the remembrance that matters.

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby tinseltown » Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:56 pm

Noel+ wrote:Here's a list of new Christmas movies scheduled for release this November/December!

FROZEN:

A prophecy traps a kingdom in eternal winter, so Anna (voice of Kirsten Bell) must team up with Kristoff, a daring mountain man, on the grandest of journeys to find the Snow Queen (voice of Idina Menzel) and put an end to the icy spell. Encountering Everest-like extremes, mystical creatures and magic at every turn, Anna and Kristoff battle the elements in a race to save the kingdom from destruction.

A MaDEA CHRISTMAS:

Madea gets coaxed into helping a friend pay her daughter a surprise visit in the country for Christmas, but the biggest surprise is what they'll find when they arrive. As the small, rural town prepares for its annual Christmas Carnival, new secrets are revealed and old relationships are tested while Madea dishes her own brand of Christmas Spirit to all.

Let's hope there are some more surprises before Christmas! :D

Will check these out Noel , always love to hear about new christmas releases
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby tinseltown » Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:58 pm

CandyKane wrote:I add my deposits to the 52 week money challenge on Fridays, so as of this morning I have $78 in my fund. This is gonna help make a very bright Christmas! :smilecc:

I going to start a christmas fund as well . Cant wait to be able to spend it though , roll on Christmas :smilecc:
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby kiwidogy_max » Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:09 pm

I am currently at a sleep study, trying to determine how I am going to fall asleep with a bunch of wires Coming out of my nose and attached all over my head, legs and face. Should be an interesting night! Maybe some Christmas music will help me.
Love and Joy Come to You!
Santa's coming Santa's coming! I know him!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter