2013: 2300 Posts til Christmas

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: 2013: 2300 Posts til Christmas

Postby kiwidogy_max » Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:12 pm

A great late Christmas present would be some new gutters to replace the ones that were torn down this week because of all of the snow.
Love and Joy Come to You!
Santa's coming Santa's coming! I know him!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby kiwidogy_max » Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:13 pm

I am excited to have graduated to a Toy Maker! Hopefully I can be that handy! I really should practice more before Christmas!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby Noel+ » Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:37 am

tinseltown wrote:
CandyKane wrote:I add my deposits to the 52 week money challenge on Fridays, so as of this morning I have $78 in my fund. This is gonna help make a very bright Christmas! :smilecc:

I going to start a christmas fund as well . Cant wait to be able to spend it though , roll on Christmas :smilecc:

Our Christmas Jar fund is also doing well.......roll on Christmas! :smilecc:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:38 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:I am currently at a sleep study, trying to determine how I am going to fall asleep with a bunch of wires Coming out of my nose and attached all over my head, legs and face. Should be an interesting night! Maybe some Christmas music will help me.

My DH & I did a study like that a couple of years ago. They did allow tv or music..........bummer!.........but I played Christmas music on the way home when the study was completed! Think Christmas thoughts/tunes kiwi! :D

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:39 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:I am excited to have graduated to a Toy Maker! Hopefully I can be that handy! I really should practice more before Christmas!

I have confidence in you kiwi, and by Christmas you just may be a level higher! Onward and upward..........post away! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby tinseltown » Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:14 pm

Feel in a christmas mood :smilecc: After the party on friday when i went dressed as Barry White :smilecc: I thought "what about a christmas mystery murder game ? Dont know if anyone has hosted or attended a murder game . Its kind of a Agatha Christie type plot and you have to dress in the character that you;re given and follow a story line . So im now looking into a ....Christmas murder mystery game . Found a couple on the net but they are quiet expensive so i will see if i get get a bargain and start planning from now :smilecc: :snowwow: Blessings to you all :scene: :smilecc: :smilecc:
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby Noel+ » Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:56 pm

That's a very interesting Christmas idea, tinseltown. Sorry your first finds were expensive, but keep on searching til you find a bargain! Wishing you a lovely Palm Sunday! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:13 pm

tinseltown wrote:Feel in a christmas mood :smilecc: After the party on friday when i went dressed as Barry White :smilecc: I thought "what about a christmas mystery murder game ? Dont know if anyone has hosted or attended a murder game . Its kind of a Agatha Christie type plot and you have to dress in the character that you;re given and follow a story line . So im now looking into a ....Christmas murder mystery game . Found a couple on the net but they are quiet expensive so i will see if i get get a bargain and start planning from now :smilecc: :snowwow: Blessings to you all :scene: :smilecc: :smilecc:

That sounds like great fun for either Christmas or Christmas in July! I have seen murder mystery cruises offered in the UK, that would be a blast.
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:30 pm

Good Morning, all my Christmas-loving friends! Hope your day is a great one! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:32 pm

My mother just sent me pics from Indiana. The snow is still coming down. 4+ inches right now. I asked her if she put her Christmas tree back up. (It is the 25th you know!)
Happy March Christmas!!!
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby kiwidogy_max » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:42 pm

I was pleased to hear the librarian at the school I work at mention today that we were only 9 months away from Christmas!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby kiwidogy_max » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:50 pm

I am rather impressed with myself as I built a cat door for our door to the basement. I initially had purchased a kit for $50, but decided I could harness my newly found DIY skills and give it a whirl. Mission accomplished! Merry belated Christmas kitty cat!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby CandyKane » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:13 am

The temps only got up to 29 degrees F yesterday but the wind chill was down in the teens. Brrr We literally had snow flurries all day and at times it looked like a mini blizzard out there. Still cold today but at least the sun is shining. Crazy weather. My Christmas thoughts have been temporarily replaced by Easter. Dd has been to three egg hunts with 3 more to go. I've been filling eggs for church, school, and girl scouts. I'm a little tired. Saw on the news where they have a big flap this year with schools having 'Spring' egg hunts instead of Easter egg hunts. Blessed to live in an area where thankfully we have so far been immune to all this nonsense. :smilecc:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:38 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:My mother just sent me pics from Indiana. The snow is still coming down. 4+ inches right now. I asked her if she put her Christmas tree back up. (It is the 25th you know!)
Happy March Christmas!!!

Yes, my Indy relations are tired of the snow too. BUT it also reminds them of Christmas. As we chat on the phone, I'm fighting jealousy as it is hot here! :lol:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:38 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:I was pleased to hear the librarian at the school I work at mention today that we were only 9 months away from Christmas!

Here's a toast to keeping track of how many months/days/minutes it is from Christmas! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:39 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:I am rather impressed with myself as I built a cat door for our door to the basement. I initially had purchased a kit for $50, but decided I could harness my newly found DIY skills and give it a whirl. Mission accomplished! Merry belated Christmas kitty cat!

And as cold as it is in Vermont during winter, I am certain your kitty will be purring she wishes you a merry little Christmas! :wink: Kudos!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:42 am

CandyKane wrote:The temps only got up to 29 degrees F yesterday but the wind chill was down in the teens. Brrr We literally had snow flurries all day and at times it looked like a mini blizzard out there. Still cold today but at least the sun is shining. Crazy weather. My Christmas thoughts have been temporarily replaced by Easter. Dd has been to three egg hunts with 3 more to go. I've been filling eggs for church, school, and girl scouts. I'm a little tired. Saw on the news where they have a big flap this year with schools having 'Spring' egg hunts instead of Easter egg hunts. Blessed to live in an area where thankfully we have so far been immune to all this nonsense. :smilecc:

Glad to here you have some sunshine amidst the blizzard-like weather, CK.

You're such a good & busy Mom. It seems being sleep-deprived is a permanent status with children. They are SO so worth it!

Yes, in our area they stopped using anything - even the colors of paper - that go with either Christmas or Easter. My opinion: very very sad. So glad your area has more common sense and sensitivity CK!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:43 am

Today we are 777 Christmas posts! :D :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:45 am

My thoughts are also on Easter. I've decided to 'do' less and 'be' more in contemplative in the deeper meaning of Good Friday & Easter. This past Christmas, I did the same thing, and it meant so much to us all.

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:51 am

CandyKane wrote:The temps only got up to 29 degrees F yesterday but the wind chill was down in the teens. Brrr We literally had snow flurries all day and at times it looked like a mini blizzard out there. Still cold today but at least the sun is shining. Crazy weather. My Christmas thoughts have been temporarily replaced by Easter. Dd has been to three egg hunts with 3 more to go. I've been filling eggs for church, school, and girl scouts. I'm a little tired. Saw on the news where they have a big flap this year with schools having 'Spring' egg hunts instead of Easter egg hunts. Blessed to live in an area where thankfully we have so far been immune to all this nonsense. :smilecc:

oh Lord, that is the first I have heard of that. But I guess you had to expect it sooner or later. What are we going to have next "Spring Sunday"? or as Rabbit says in Winnie the Pooh, "Spring Cleaning Day!" "Easter break" has been "spring break" and divorced from easter for many decades now. In Sweden, easter is a skiing holiday for most. The last one before the snow disappears. Here in Stockholm, the snow is melting and it looks like they have been scraping gravel off the streets, a sign they do not expect any more snow. It starts getting light at around 4 am now with the sun fully up and blazing as I wait for the bus at 6:15 a.m. With the EU enforced time change on us on Sunday, the sun will appear at 3 am. The eternal day is soon upon us. I miss Christmas! :snowwow:
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter