2013: 2300 Posts til Christmas

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: 2013: 2300 Posts til Christmas

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:40 pm

Tomtemor wrote:
CandyKane wrote:The temps only got up to 29 degrees F yesterday but the wind chill was down in the teens. Brrr We literally had snow flurries all day and at times it looked like a mini blizzard out there. Still cold today but at least the sun is shining. Crazy weather. My Christmas thoughts have been temporarily replaced by Easter. Dd has been to three egg hunts with 3 more to go. I've been filling eggs for church, school, and girl scouts. I'm a little tired. Saw on the news where they have a big flap this year with schools having 'Spring' egg hunts instead of Easter egg hunts. Blessed to live in an area where thankfully we have so far been immune to all this nonsense. :smilecc:

oh Lord, that is the first I have heard of that. But I guess you had to expect it sooner or later. What are we going to have next "Spring Sunday"? or as Rabbit says in Winnie the Pooh, "Spring Cleaning Day!" "Easter break" has been "spring break" and divorced from easter for many decades now. In Sweden, easter is a skiing holiday for most. The last one before the snow disappears. Here in Stockholm, the snow is melting and it looks like they have been scraping gravel off the streets, a sign they do not expect any more snow. It starts getting light at around 4 am now with the sun fully up and blazing as I wait for the bus at 6:15 a.m. With the EU enforced time change on us on Sunday, the sun will appear at 3 am. The eternal day is soon upon us. I miss Christmas! :snowwow:

NO!
We should not expect it. We should be demanding a change back to the way it was. As Christians, we are commanded to be bold in our faith and not sit back quietly let the world change our surroundings and beliefs. Everyone thinks Christianity is dead in the U.S. and around the world. But it's not. Look at the most popular shows on TV right now. "The Bible Series", "The Bible Challenge", and "Duck Dynasty". They all reference God and Jesus. And people by the millions are watching. Why? Because they also know that God and Jesus live. And are alive and active on earth right now. We are the majority. We cannot be silent. We must stand together in faith and not let the world run us over.
Traditions can change. Our faith and fortitude cannot.

God's blessings to my Christmas friends. :D
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:57 pm

I stand corrected. Duck Dynasty?

Wishing all my Christmas friends a blessed Easter.
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:03 pm

Tomtemor wrote:I stand corrected. Duck Dynasty?

Yep. Duck Dynasty.
Phil and Willie both travel around and give their testimony as well as encouraging others to follow Christ.

#1 unscripted reality show on TV.

I wish Si would do a Christmas Special. :D
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby kiwidogy_max » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:14 am

It is a good week to be a cat in my house... in addition to his cat door, he got a new scratch post and perch/ kitty cave. It's like Christmas all over again for him!!
Love and Joy Come to You!
Santa's coming Santa's coming! I know him!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby Noel+ » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:29 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:

Yep. Duck Dynasty.
Phil and Willie both travel around and give their testimony as well as encouraging others to follow Christ.

Thanks for the info, Christmas Crazy. I need to check out this show! And your statement about standing up for our faith is beautiful.

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:29 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:It is a good week to be a cat in my house... in addition to his cat door, he got a new scratch post and perch/ kitty cave. It's like Christmas all over again for him!!

That's one happy kitty! :D And isn't it gracious ofher to allow you to live in HER house? Atleast that's how my cat acts......even at Christmas! :lol:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:12 am

Noel+ wrote:
Christmas Crazy wrote:

Yep. Duck Dynasty.

Thanks for the info, Christmas Crazy. I need to check out this show! And your statement about standing up for our faith is beautiful.

I wasn't trying to jump up on a soap box. I just wanted to encourage my fellow Christian Christmas friends. You all are the best!!! :D
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:14 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:It is a good week to be a cat in my house... in addition to his cat door, he got a new scratch post and perch/ kitty cave. It's like Christmas all over again for him!!

Your cat has to be very excited with all the new things in his environment.
Merry March Christmas kitty!!!
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:27 pm

aw.........too Christmas cute.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:29 pm

Noel+ wrote:

That's one happy kitty! :D And isn't it gracious ofher to allow you to live in HER house? Atleast that's how my cat acts......even at Christmas! :lol:

That is what we say. It is their apartment, we just pay the bills. Too bad the cats never give US christmas presents............ :shop:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby tinseltown » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:00 pm

Tomtemor wrote:
tinseltown wrote:Feel in a christmas mood :smilecc: After the party on friday when i went dressed as Barry White :smilecc: I thought "what about a christmas mystery murder game ? Dont know if anyone has hosted or attended a murder game . Its kind of a Agatha Christie type plot and you have to dress in the character that you;re given and follow a story line . So im now looking into a ....Christmas murder mystery game . Found a couple on the net but they are quiet expensive so i will see if i get get a bargain and start planning from now :smilecc: :snowwow: Blessings to you all :scene: :smilecc: :smilecc:

That sounds like great fun for either Christmas or Christmas in July! I have seen murder mystery cruises offered in the UK, that would be a blast.

I know ,they also offer murder mystery weekends at olde worldly hotels in the UK which id love but a christmas one would be extra special :smilecc:
Last edited by tinseltown on Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby tinseltown » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:13 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:
Tomtemor wrote:
CandyKane wrote:The temps only got up to 29 degrees F yesterday but the wind chill was down in the teens. Brrr We literally had snow flurries all day and at times it looked like a mini blizzard out there. Still cold today but at least the sun is shining. Crazy weather. My Christmas thoughts have been temporarily replaced by Easter. Dd has been to three egg hunts with 3 more to go. I've been filling eggs for church, school, and girl scouts. I'm a little tired. Saw on the news where they have a big flap this year with schools having 'Spring' egg hunts instead of Easter egg hunts. Blessed to live in an area where thankfully we have so far been immune to all this nonsense. :smilecc:

oh Lord, that is the first I have heard of that. But I guess you had to expect it sooner or later. What are we going to have next "Spring Sunday"? or as Rabbit says in Winnie the Pooh, "Spring Cleaning Day!" "Easter break" has been "spring break" and divorced from easter for many decades now. In Sweden, easter is a skiing holiday for most. The last one before the snow disappears. Here in Stockholm, the snow is melting and it looks like they have been scraping gravel off the streets, a sign they do not expect any more snow. It starts getting light at around 4 am now with the sun fully up and blazing as I wait for the bus at 6:15 a.m. With the EU enforced time change on us on Sunday, the sun will appear at 3 am. The eternal day is soon upon us. I miss Christmas! :snowwow:

NO!
We should not expect it. We should be demanding a change back to the way it was. As Christians, we are commanded to be bold in our faith and not sit back quietly let the world change our surroundings and beliefs. Everyone thinks Christianity is dead in the U.S. and around the world. But it's not. Look at the most popular shows on TV right now. "The Bible Series", "The Bible Challenge", and "Duck Dynasty". They all reference God and Jesus. And people by the millions are watching. Why? Because they also know that God and Jesus live. And are alive and active on earth right now. We are the majority. We cannot be silent. We must stand together in faith and not let the world run us over.
Traditions can change. Our faith and fortitude cannot.

God's blessings to my Christmas friends. :D

AMEN to that christmas crazy . In the uk alot of areas are not allowed to say merry christmas as its offensive but happy wintersville :cry: is acceptable .Reminds me of the Narnia story where it was always winter but never Christmas ie christ is taken out of the plot .Easter has become a bank holiday with chocolate eggs galore but the true meaning of Easter is ignored by the majority . As believers we need to speak out the truth always . As Easter here is on the 5th May i will start from next week to watch my bible story dvds and as Noel said reflect on what our Lord did for us . Blessings to you all :smilecc:
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby Noel+ » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:10 pm

Tomtemor wrote:
Noel+ wrote:

That is what we say. It is their apartment, we just pay the bills. Too bad the cats never give US christmas presents............ :shop:

:lol: Yes, but I don't like tuna fish plain or mice for meals! Not even at Christmas! And they do purr on Christmas morning while playing with their gifts! :wink:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:51 am

Samaritan's Purse [one of my fave charities] has just finished delivering the Christmas Boxes from 2012. Franklin Graham [Billy Graham's son] stated they will be completed by Easter. They delivered over 9,000 boxes ......... my goal for Christmas 2013 is 10,000 boxes at least! Some of these children have never had a gift, heard about Jesus or Christmas, and are desperately in need of practical items. It is such blessing to be part of this ministry! Check them out if you're interested. :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:01 pm

I just purchased two downloads from Patch the Pirate, a children´s radio program I started following in 2004 during my depression (no drugs for me!). One of them is called Peanut Butter Christmas about a family that gets stuck in a run down motel on Christmas with nothing but peanut butter to eat. It is really cute! They have two other christmas albums available. I highly recommend it.
www.patchthepirate.org
www.majestymusic.com

Happy Easter to all my Christmas friends! The Swedish Easter witches will be out tonight!
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:14 pm

Tomtemor wrote:I just purchased two downloads from Patch the Pirate, a children´s radio program I started following in 2004 during my depression (no drugs for me!). One of them is called Peanut Butter Christmas about a family that gets stuck in a run down motel on Christmas with nothing but peanut butter to eat. It is really cute! They have two other christmas albums available. I highly recommend it.
http://www.patchthepirate.org
http://www.majestymusic.com

Happy Easter to all my Christmas friends! The Swedish Easter witches will be out tonight!

Thanks for the review & referral Tomtemor. I'm going to download it and see if my children like it! :D It's nice to have some new Christmas downloads! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:16 pm

Today Amazon sent me a coupon for 75% off some Christmas items as a reward for Christmas purchases. I definitely took advantage of it because many older Christmas specials/series are quickly disappearing due to lack of interest in young people. I am Christmas happy! :D :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:16 pm

Wishing all my Christmas friends a blessed Passover Thursday -- or Maundy Thursday -- as complete our Lord's sacrifice on Good Friday. Blessings!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby tinseltown » Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:04 pm

Hi Cay friends Easters blessings to all my christmas friends :smilecc:
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:38 pm

Christmas posts!!!
Woohoo! :shop: