2013: 2300 Posts til Christmas

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: 2013: 2300 Posts til Christmas

Postby Noel+ » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:31 pm

tinseltown wrote:Same here. We have high winds and rain but it still feels like christmas weather :smilecc: Was calculating what i can save this summer for my christmas fund but its going to be hard as the crisis is really hitting us in Greece . Also the lovely English shop where i get all my christmas goodies may close ,again due to the crisis . But i know whatever, :smilecc: my christmas spirit will carry me through as the true meaning of christmas is not in fancy food or lots of gifts but in our lord Jesus . :snowwow: So glad i have you guys to share my christmas thoughts, even in April. Love it :smilecc:

Agreed tinseltown! Our last 2 Christmases have been meager, but the joy is our Lord not the 'things'. Believing you'll have a wondrous Christmas this year! :smilecc:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:32 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:Hello Christmas friends. Sorry I've been away for a while. Life sometimes gets a little crazy here.
Extra hours at work (but no extra pay), getting my second child ready for college with tests and scholarship auditions, we had family come to visit right after Easter, and now I'm coaching my wife's softball team.

I hope your job opportunity pans out Jennifer.Image

I sure am loving these warmer temps. I got my pool pump running, now just need to uncover it. 8-)

You've been missed Christmas Crazy, but we figured you were busy. It's great you have to post a little now.! :smilecc:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:32 pm

Jennifer praying for your interviews and believing for your miracle! And your new Christmas avatar is so cute! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:43 am

Happy Birthday lilnoelelf! You've been missed!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:50 am

Noel+ wrote:Jennifer praying for your interviews and believing for your miracle! And your new Christmas avatar is so cute! :D

I was trying to show Perky how they do not work and what I thought was the problem, when poof it was there.........hubby´s Christmas magic has returned. Now that I have a "tomtemor" up, I will not try to change it again.
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby tinseltown » Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:24 pm

Tomtemor wrote:
Noel+ wrote:Jennifer praying for your interviews and believing for your miracle! And your new Christmas avatar is so cute! :D

I was trying to show Perky how they do not work and what I thought was the problem, when poof it was there.........hubby´s Christmas magic has returned. Now that I have a "tomtemor" up, I will not try to change it again.

So cute and christmasy :smilecc:
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby Noel+ » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:32 pm

Thinking of all of you today as I reviewed items for the Christmas boxes this season. How each of us are saving to touch other's lives despite having our own family needs. Now that's the Spirit of Christmas! Wishing each of you much joy tonight! :D :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:15 am

Noel+ wrote:Last night I just couldn't sleep in this heat so I decided to take a short drive. I was surprised to see one house, in another neighborhood, all lit up for Christmas! I decided to drive by closer and found a sign welcoming home one of our brave Afghanistan soldiers! Merry Christmas I sang! :scene:

I love this!! So glad their soldier could come home to Christmas! :smilecc:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:23 am

It's Springtime in Arkansas..the grass is growing, the flowers are blooming, the trees are budding..and tornado season is here. We had a storm last night. It produced a tornado really close to us and it did a lot of damage. Storms are the only thing I dislike about Spring.

Dd already know what she wants for Christmas. An ipad. She actually wanted one last year but I knew she was way too little to take good care of it. I will be buying her an ipod touch for her birthday in a few months. And I'm saving up for her ipad for Christmas. :shop:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:27 am

On a side note to my last post, if there is one good thing about this economy it's that people know they have to put the credit cards away and save up for the things they really want. Saving money for things really makes you appreciate them more. Christmas has so much more meaning when you have bought little things all year, and scrimped and saved for the big ones. :scene:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:32 pm

CandyKane wrote:On a side note to my last post, if there is one good thing about this economy it's that people know they have to put the credit cards away and save up for the things they really want. Saving money for things really makes you appreciate them more. Christmas has so much more meaning when you have bought little things all year, and scrimped and saved for the big ones. :scene:

Yes, and when you're not stressed because the credit card is maxed out for another year. When that happens people lose sight of the deeper meaning of Christmas and miss all the joy! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby tinseltown » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:36 pm

Noel+ wrote:Thinking of all of you today as I reviewed items for the Christmas boxes this season. How each of us are saving to touch other's lives despite having our own family needs. Now that's the Spirit of Christmas! Wishing each of you much joy tonight! :D :D

So true and so well said :smilecc:
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby Noel+ » Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:33 pm

A big Christmas thanks tinseltown! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:25 am

Wishing all my Christmas friends a good Friday and a great weekend! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:26 pm

Merry Friday Christmas!!!
I just had McDonalds for lunch and now I don't feel so well. I'm sure it will pass. :|

I hope everyone is having a great day!!! Image
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby tinseltown » Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:00 pm

Hope you are better Christmas Crazy and your christmas spirit revived :smilecc: Enjoy your weekend my CAY friends :smilecc:
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby CandyKane » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:28 pm

We're spending a very rare Friday night at home before a super busy Saturday and Sunday. Wishing all my Christmas friends a wonderful weekend! :smilecc:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:25 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:Merry Friday Christmas!!!
I just had McDonalds for lunch and now I don't feel so well. I'm sure it will pass. :|

I hope everyone is having a great day!!! Image

Hope you are feeling better now Christmas Crazy. And have a Merry Christmas weekend! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:26 pm

tinseltown wrote:Hope you are better Christmas Crazy and your christmas spirit revived :smilecc: Enjoy your weekend my CAY friends :smilecc:

Wishing you a lovely Christmasy feeling weekend too tinseltown. :elfgrin:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:27 pm

CandyKane wrote:We're spending a very rare Friday night at home before a super busy Saturday and Sunday. Wishing all my Christmas friends a wonderful weekend! :smilecc:

Glad to see the storms have passed your area Candy Kane, and wishing some post-Christmas fun this weekend. ENJOY! :elf:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter