What did you do today?

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: What did you do today?

Postby Merry Sage » Tue May 13, 2008 6:42 am

Got the grocery order in. That comes tomorrow. Mt. Laundry has been scaled and conquered. I've assigned myself the task of writing up a business plan for Kevan's company. I'm hoping to have a draft ready by the end of the week.

Mrs C, your an Avon lady? Whats your view on the new one-handed lipsticks they're doing? I love the ads with Reese Witherspoon. She's a perfect ambassador for Avon.
:flake:
Merry Sage
Head Baker

Postby Noel+ » Tue May 13, 2008 1:35 pm

Yesterday, I had fierce stomach cramps but made it through work all day.

Today I became ill -- so did another colleague -- and they sent us home. Preemies have weak immune systems so we leave to protect them but its hard to know staff are shorthanded.

So before I climb into bed with my bucket [LOL! :lol: ] I came by CAY to catch up!

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Merry Sage » Thu May 15, 2008 9:00 am

Ive just spent the last hour looking for 2008 Christmas catalogues to order. I found three so far, one being a Fair Trade, so I'm looking forward to getting them! :flake:
Merry Sage
Head Baker

Postby Noel+ » Thu May 15, 2008 8:47 pm

Oh, Merry, please post the links if you ordered online! THANKS!

I worked and then enjoyed 20 minutes of delicious rain! :scene:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jodie » Thu May 15, 2008 11:39 pm

Early out of bed today. I have done most of the washing and drying. I organised number 2 son and got him to the bus for school. Collected the mail from the post office. Did the grocery shopping, came home and unpacked it and put it all away. Played with the pooch.
Took some pics of the cockatoos in the tree next door.
Went to OHs factory and did his bookkeeping and paid the wages.
Came home, had some toast and a cup of tea.
Played with the pooch.
Decided to jump on line and check out CAY.

I still have plenty of housework to do:
dusting
bed making (stripping and remake)
tidy up (though not much of this left to do)
sweep through, then mop
organise dinner.

Jodie
Toy Maker

Postby Merry Sage » Fri May 16, 2008 5:14 am

Noel+ wrote:Oh, Merry, please post the links if you ordered online! THANKS!

I worked and then enjoyed 20 minutes of delicious rain! :scene:

I'm in England remember, but I ordered from this link;

Catalink
Merry Sage
Head Baker

Postby Noel+ » Sat May 17, 2008 9:41 pm

WORK :rudolph1:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jodie » Mon May 19, 2008 9:44 am

I worked all day and then went to my photography course tonight.

Jodie
Toy Maker

Postby Merry Sage » Mon May 19, 2008 9:56 am

Lovely photo Jodie!

Well its been eventful the past couple of days. Kev's Canadian visa application is now going through and he got the authorisation to have his medical done. Once that's in, we just wait for the actual visa, which we understand won't take more than a few weeks. It's all moving a lot faster than we had expected! There's every possibility,finances allowing, we could be in a position to move back to Canada in time for Christmas this year, this time in 2008 at the very latest. I'm excited! :shop:

I got good news today on from some tests I had to have done (no relation to the visa stuff) and all's well. I knew it was just Creeping Old Age and my inability to accept the fact I can't maintain the same pace I used to. Ironic thing is though, I don't have half the juggling act I once did. Never mind. :flake:

I found a dress over the weekend which will be perfect for my son David's wedding this Summer. I'm not a dress person and I'd looked at I don't know how many before I came across this one, totally by accident. I was in a store I haven't shopped in in ages, looking for an unrelated item. And it was on sale too. :reindeersmile:

Its couple time tonight for us, something we've been neglecting with all thats been going on, which means a light supper and total ban on technology. Should be an lovely evening! :snowkiss:
Merry Sage
Head Baker

Postby Jodie » Fri May 23, 2008 8:11 pm

It is only the start of today and I have so many things on the to do list - I really should make an effort but it is cold and sitting on the PC with a hot cup of tea is a better idea.

Todays to do list:
Go to office works and get some new shelving for my office (it will stack the archive boxes much neater than them all sitting on top of each other).
Number two son also needs a new monitor, so I will have a look at them while I am over there.
Come back and put together new shelves for office and pack away archive boxes.
Finish the washing off (only one load and some towels to go)
Dust the house again - the ducted gas heating puts so much dust around.
Sweep through again (OH helped with this yesterday and as much as he tries, it is not the job that I do) and then mop through.
I have already done the kitchen and the main bathroom - all clean and tidy. But still have the lounge, bedroom and second bathroom to go.

Then we are off to a BBQ birthday party for a friend in the cold - I must remember to take a blanket with me.

Jodie
Toy Maker

Postby Noel+ » Sat May 24, 2008 1:21 am

:| 5AM The alarm grudingly awoke me to a new busy day!
:shock: 6AM The children bound into the kitchen with sheer joy and hungry tummies!
:cry: 7AM A new 12 hour work day begins with new infants in NICU and overwhelmingly stressed parents in the waiting room!
:wink: 10PM I kiss the children while they sleep, eat left overs while checking in at CAY
:oops: 11PM Hubby kisses me while at the computer and reminds me I can sleep as long as I want in the morning!

Night all! :snowwow:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Merry Sage » Sat May 24, 2008 11:50 am

Lots of paperwork cleared up. Housekeeping done. I wanted to combine two blogs on one site into one blog on another. Got that done. I've post the update in the thread we have here on CAY. At the moment I'm watching Superman 2 and listening to hubby curse a blue streak while he tries to get some difficult software done that due on Monday. :flake:
Merry Sage
Head Baker

Postby Noel+ » Sat May 24, 2008 9:55 pm

i slept, rested, ate one tiny meal, and were now going to watch a flick before bedtime! I am rested and revivedf!!! :singing:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby lilnoelelf » Mon May 26, 2008 11:44 pm

got up,did some cleaning of the house, helped the kids with there rooms and then went outside and filled there pool and let tham have some fun. ate supper watched a bit of tv put kids to bed and now here I am to unwind LOL :lol:
Remember the TRUE reason for the season!!!!Image!
lilnoelelf
Bulb Tester

Postby Noel+ » Tue May 27, 2008 10:27 pm

work - 14 hrs

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Merry Sage » Wed May 28, 2008 5:13 am

I wasted the entire day in yesterday, waiting for a cable installation that never showed up. Not surprising in the Land of We Take Your Cash Quick Enough, But You Can Chase Your Tail For Goods & Services Promised. :roll:
Merry Sage
Head Baker

Postby Mrs.Claus » Wed May 28, 2008 9:15 am

Merry Sage wrote:Mrs C, your an Avon lady? Whats your view on the new one-handed lipsticks they're doing? I love the ads with Reese Witherspoon. She's a perfect ambassador for Avon. :flake:

Yep I'm an Avon Lady and I really do like the one-handed lipsticks, I bought several different colours. I agree about Reese Witherspoon, she's perfect for Avon.

Today I'm at home, should be doing laundry and searching for the cheque book (I've set it down somewhere with my school ID and now I can't find either), but I'm here for now. I'm sure my laundry and cheque book will still be there later. :wink:
~ Mrs. Claus ~

Mrs.Claus
The Mrs.

Postby Merry Sage » Wed May 28, 2008 9:25 am

I couldn't spend another minute stuck inside, watching the perpetually wet weather. So I've got out, ran some errands, stopped at the library and got two bios to read, then went for a walk.

I feel much better.
:flake:
Merry Sage
Head Baker

Postby Noel+ » Wed May 28, 2008 10:32 pm

work - 14 hrs :x

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jodie » Fri May 30, 2008 1:04 am

I love Fridays.

I stayed in bed for a bit longer this morning, then up at 7am to organise breakfast.

I put the washing on then went to OHs factory to pay his wages and do the bookkeeping for him.

Back home to finish off a couple of tax returns and post them out to clients.

Then another load of washing.

Then off to do the grocery shopping - this gets more expensive each week!

Home an unpack the groceries, clean the kitchen, bathrooms, change sheets, dust, sweep through and then mop the floors later tonight.

But mostly my day is pretty casual because I can do all of this in my own time (the housework).

I do try to make sure it is done on Fridays because the rest of the week is so busy that we just do the essentials on Monday/Wednesday/Thursday.

Weekends are for relaxing, not housework - I decided this a long time ago.

Jodie
Toy Maker

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter