2013: 2300 Posts til Christmas

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: 2013: 2300 Posts til Christmas

Postby Noel+ » Sat May 18, 2013 7:21 am

Tomtemor wrote:This Sunday is Pentecost. At my former church job, we used to wear red for pentecost. Wearing red for Pentecost reminds me of Christmas!

Happy Christmas Pentacost Jennifer! :D

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sat May 18, 2013 8:58 am

Noel+ wrote:
Tomtemor wrote:This Sunday is Pentecost. At my former church job, we used to wear red for pentecost. Wearing red for Pentecost reminds me of Christmas!

Happy Christmas Pentacost Jennifer! :D

Yes. Happy Christmas Pentacost tomorrow Jennifer. :shop:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sat May 18, 2013 8:59 am

Noel+ wrote:I can't stop singing Holly Jolly Christmas!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5oFfy6jzlk

I love that Christmas tune also. :D
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sat May 18, 2013 9:03 am

tinseltown wrote:Just had a great christmas present , my dad is coming in June for a visit , such a blessing :smilecc: Mum will come in september and my friends from wales will be here in June from the church so yippee , God is good :smilecc: Happy christmas weekend and i love the film Ill be home for christmas xx :scene:

I love early Christmas presents like that!
We also have lots of family and friends coming for a visit the next two weekends.
Have a blessed time with your dad, then your friends, and then your mom.
God is good to us!
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sat May 18, 2013 9:10 am

Noel+ wrote:
Christmas Crazy wrote:Those Texans are doing it right!

House approves ‘Merry Christmas’ bill
The Texas House gave an early Christmas present to those who believe the holiday has come under fire, unanimously approving Rep. Dwayne Bohac’s “Merry Christmas Act” on Wednesday.

The bill clarifies that public school students, teachers and staff may say “Merry Christmas,” “Happy Hanukkah” and offer other traditional winter-holiday greetings, as well as display Christmas trees, nativity scenes and menorahs on school property.

http://www.statesman.com/news/news/hous ... ill/nXkkQ/

NOW that is the type of bill that needs to be passed in every state of the USA. Say it loud & clear: Merry Christmas!!! :scene:

Maybe I will send some emails up to Atlanta and let my congressmen know how I feel. :wink:
And wish them a big MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

And then they will say "This guy is crazy. Christmas Crazy!"
:D
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Sat May 18, 2013 10:12 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:Those Texans are doing it right!

House approves ‘Merry Christmas’ bill
The Texas House gave an early Christmas present to those who believe the holiday has come under fire, unanimously approving Rep. Dwayne Bohac’s “Merry Christmas Act” on Wednesday.

The bill clarifies that public school students, teachers and staff may say “Merry Christmas,” “Happy Hanukkah” and offer other traditional winter-holiday greetings, as well as display Christmas trees, nativity scenes and menorahs on school property.

http://www.statesman.com/news/news/hous ... ill/nXkkQ/

Wow! I don't know how I missed this awesome news. Thanks for sharing it. And Merry Christmas!! :smilecc:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Sat May 18, 2013 10:18 am

Just stopped in to say hello. Got a couponing for Christmas child shopping trip planned for this morning, then me and dd are off to spend the day with my Dad. He has some new kittens and she is dying to get her hands on them. :elfgrin:
Gotta survive one more week of school and then summer starts. Got lots of activities already planned, but they'll be plenty of R and R too. :D
Hubby started the biggest job of his career yesterday. It always makes me nervous when he starts a big job and I don't cheer up until the checks start rolling in. This job will carry him all summer so I am so thankful for it. Gonna be doing most of my Christmas shopping this summer. Woohoo!! :santa: :rudolph1:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sat May 18, 2013 4:08 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:
tinseltown wrote:Just had a great christmas present , my dad is coming in June for a visit , such a blessing :smilecc: Mum will come in september and my friends from wales will be here in June from the church so yippee , God is good :smilecc: Happy christmas weekend and i love the film Ill be home for christmas xx :scene:

I love early Christmas presents like that!
We also have lots of family and friends coming for a visit the next two weekends.
Have a blessed time with your dad, then your friends, and then your mom.
God is good to us!

Christmas Crazy, what fun to have a special Memorial Day weekend with family & friends. Typically so American and wonderful! ENJOY! :D

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat May 18, 2013 4:12 pm

CandyKane wrote:Just stopped in to say hello. Got a couponing for Christmas child shopping trip planned for this morning, then me and dd are off to spend the day with my Dad. He has some new kittens and she is dying to get her hands on them. :elfgrin:
Gotta survive one more week of school and then summer starts. Got lots of activities already planned, but they'll be plenty of R and R too. :D
Hubby started the biggest job of his career yesterday. It always makes me nervous when he starts a big job and I don't cheer up until the checks start rolling in. This job will carry him all summer so I am so thankful for it. Gonna be doing most of my Christmas shopping this summer. Woohoo!! :santa: :rudolph1:

Candy Kane I hope you have fun Christmas shopping today! I love to surprise family/friends with my 'finds' Christmas morning too.

Ah, your sweet DD will give lots of love & hugs to those little kittens! I hope you take pictures! :D

Praying for your DH's big job this summer and for timely payments! :D

WOO! HOO! for Christmas shopping anytime! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat May 18, 2013 4:12 pm

:oops: Last night I stayed up til 5:30AM watching Christmas videos on youtube! :oops:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat May 18, 2013 4:13 pm

Home Alone 1 & 2 are playing on a local station so we had breakfast with Christmas!! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sat May 18, 2013 4:38 pm

Noel+ wrote:Home Alone 1 & 2 are playing on a local station so we had breakfast with Christmas!! :D

I have been craving the movie Home Alone 1 for quite a while now. One of my favorite Christmas time movies.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Sat May 18, 2013 9:22 pm

Dd and I had a girls night in last night. After a nail painting party we snuggled up to watch movies. What movies did she find? Home Alone I and II. I was suprised they were both on last night. Love my little Christmas loving angel. :angelsnow:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Sat May 18, 2013 9:26 pm

I really enjoyed my visit with my Dad today. I helped him finish planting his garden and we got all his yard work done. I'm pretty tired tonight but so thankful for every minute I have him. Dd had so much fun with 5 fuzzy little balls of energy.
No good Christmas shows on TV tonight so we are watching Titanic. Love spending time with my family. :thumbs:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sun May 19, 2013 5:59 am

Noel+ wrote: :oops: Last night I stayed up til 5:30AM watching Christmas videos on youtube! :oops:

We had a horrible night, that is what we should have done. Christmas videos are always good.
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sun May 19, 2013 7:54 am

Tomtemor wrote:
Noel+ wrote: :oops: Last night I stayed up til 5:30AM watching Christmas videos on youtube! :oops:

We had a horrible night, that is what we should have done. Christmas videos are always good.

Yes, Christmas movies warm your heart and can take your mind back to a better time. :D
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sun May 19, 2013 8:02 am

CandyKane wrote:I really enjoyed my visit with my Dad today. I helped him finish planting his garden and we got all his yard work done. I'm pretty tired tonight but so thankful for every minute I have him. Dd had so much fun with 5 fuzzy little balls of energy.
No good Christmas shows on TV tonight so we are watching Titanic. Love spending time with my family. :thumbs:

You're a good daughter CK, a huge blessing to your dad, and a great role model for Dd to follow.

With no Christmas movies on, titanic is a good one to watch.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sun May 19, 2013 2:36 pm

Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sun May 19, 2013 2:45 pm

My wife and I are watching Women's college softball today.
I know it's not Christmasy, but we really enjoy watching them play.
I root for Georgia and my wife likes to root for Alabama.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sun May 19, 2013 2:46 pm

1100 Christmas posts!

Keep posting!
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter