2013: 2300 Posts til Christmas

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: 2013: 2300 Posts til Christmas

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon May 20, 2013 12:02 am

Sweden won the gold in the IHL Hockey Championships (don´t know official name, I am just the hockey widow), USA won third. Hubby is as happy as a kid on Christmas morning. :opengifts:
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Mon May 20, 2013 1:21 am

Good for Sweden! My hubby is as sad as an empty stocking on Christmas morning [USA in 3rd]. :D :lol:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon May 20, 2013 1:21 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:Image

Keep on counting down til Christmas!! :D

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon May 20, 2013 1:22 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:My wife and I are watching Women's college softball today.
I know it's not Christmasy, but we really enjoy watching them play.
I root for Georgia and my wife likes to root for Alabama.

It doesn't have to be Christmas movies to evoke a happy Christmasy feeling. We watched Star Trek again...........and loved it! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon May 20, 2013 2:31 am

Noel+ wrote:Good for Sweden! My hubby is as sad as an empty stocking on Christmas morning [USA in 3rd]. :D :lol:

Coming in third against Scandinavian teams is an accomplishment in and of itself. One must remember that most scandinavian children are born with hockey sticks in their hands and spend many a Christmas day on the ice! I am new to hockey watching, but hubby tells me that the US and Canada are the best of the non-scandinavian teams. He looks forward to watching NHL on a regular basis once we move to the US. Happy as a kid at Christmas. :shop:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon May 20, 2013 2:32 am

Noel+ wrote:
Christmas Crazy wrote:My wife and I are watching Women's college softball today.
I know it's not Christmasy, but we really enjoy watching them play.
I root for Georgia and my wife likes to root for Alabama.

It doesn't have to be Christmas movies to evoke a happy Christmasy feeling. We watched Star Trek again...........and loved it! :D

When I was growing up and even into adulthood, if there was a Star Trek or Star Wars movie showing at Christmas, I went to see it with my dad over christmas vacation. So, for me, they are in a sense Christmas movies. We usually watch them November-January to give hubby a break from my 24/7 Christmas viewing.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Mon May 20, 2013 3:05 am

Tomtemor wrote:
Noel+ wrote:Good for Sweden! My hubby is as sad as an empty stocking on Christmas morning [USA in 3rd]. :D :lol:

Coming in third against Scandinavian teams is an accomplishment in and of itself. One must remember that most scandinavian children are born with hockey sticks in their hands and spend many a Christmas day on the ice! I am new to hockey watching, but hubby tells me that the US and Canada are the best of the non-scandinavian teams. He looks forward to watching NHL on a regular basis once we move to the US. Happy as a kid at Christmas. :shop:

Thanks for sharing your DH's assessment. Just passed it on to my DH and he's feeling proud a Swede likes the US team. He's grinning like a kid on Christmas morning! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon May 20, 2013 3:14 am

Noel+ wrote:
Tomtemor wrote:

Thanks for sharing your DH's assessment. Just passed it on to my DH and he's feeling proud a Swede likes the US team. He's grinning like a kid on Christmas morning! :D

Interesting to be discussing hockey on a Christmas site, but it is fun. Actually, what Swedes note most about Canadians and American hockey players is the "never give up" attitude and that they will play until the last second even if they have no hope of winning. I tell him, it is in our pioneer blood. We may lose, but we go down fighting! :scene:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Mon May 20, 2013 3:42 am

Tomtemor wrote:
Noel+ wrote:
Tomtemor wrote:

Interesting to be discussing hockey on a Christmas site, but it is fun. Actually, what Swedes note most about Canadians and American hockey players is the "never give up" attitude and that they will play until the last second even if they have no hope of winning. I tell him, it is in our pioneer blood. We may lose, but we go down fighting! :scene:

It's definitely our pioneer blood and Christmas spirit! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon May 20, 2013 5:52 am

Noel+ wrote:
Tomtemor wrote:
Noel+ wrote:
Tomtemor wrote:

It's definitely our pioneer blood and Christmas spirit! :smilecc:

I also got to watch the last half of the Boston Bruins vs. New York Rangers hockey game last night. Boston is trying to bring home the cup for an early Christmas present. :D
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby tinseltown » Mon May 20, 2013 1:17 pm

Hi everyone hope you all have a fun filled christmas week :smilecc: Sounds like it especially with Home Alone being shown , these are my favourites :snowwow: Best wishes from hot Greece and im watching the countdown with christmas joy :smilecc:
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon May 20, 2013 10:11 pm

Pray for Christmas size miracles in Oklahoma.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby tinseltown » Tue May 21, 2013 1:48 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote: Pray for Christmas size miracles in Oklahoma.

God bless them , yes a christmas miracle is needed for that state x
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby Noel+ » Tue May 21, 2013 4:17 pm

tinseltown wrote:Hi everyone hope you all have a fun filled christmas week :smilecc: Sounds like it especially with Home Alone being shown , these are my favourites :snowwow: Best wishes from hot Greece and im watching the countdown with christmas joy :smilecc:

We celerbate Memorial Day weekend and I need to do some shopping! You know: hot dogs, hamburgers, fries, and too many desserts! :lol: That part reminds me of Christmas Eve! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue May 21, 2013 4:19 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote: Pray for Christmas size miracles in Oklahoma.

Yes, it is just heartbreaking! This morning we were relieved to know there were more saved than estimated last night. The God of Christmas will heal their broken hearts & restore their lives as we pray.

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed May 22, 2013 9:07 am

217 days till Christmas!!!
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Wed May 22, 2013 9:34 am

We are enjoying a bright sunshiny day 8-) after 2 days of heavy rains and storms. Monday nights storm was pretty scary but thankfully no real damage here. Praying for the folks in Oklahoma. We have been watching all the storm coverage and it is so heartbreaking. It was pretty tough to send dd to school yesterday with severe watches still in the forecast.

:elfgrin: I have to brag on my savvy shopping trips yesteday. I did some thrift store shopping and I bought my dd 2 swimsuits, 1 skirt, 1 denim shorts, and a two piece short set, all name brand with tags for $15 total! :D Then I stopped by another store to buy her a new pair of pajamas. They were suppossed to be 40% off but when I checked out they rang up 1 penny. Yup. Obviously a glitch in the system but that's what they rang up and that's what I paid. Yippee! :D Now if I could just find some Christmas bargains like that. :shop:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Wed May 22, 2013 9:36 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:217 days till Christmas!!!

I can't believe how close we are to the 200 days until Christmas mark. Time is flying by at reindeer speed. :rudolph1: :rudolph1: :rudolph1:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed May 22, 2013 12:57 pm

CandyKane wrote:We are enjoying a bright sunshiny day 8-) after 2 days of heavy rains and storms. Monday nights storm was pretty scary but thankfully no real damage here. Praying for the folks in Oklahoma. We have been watching all the storm coverage and it is so heartbreaking. It was pretty tough to send dd to school yesterday with severe watches still in the forecast.

:elfgrin: I have to brag on my savvy shopping trips yesteday. I did some thrift store shopping and I bought my dd 2 swimsuits, 1 skirt, 1 denim shorts, and a two piece short set, all name brand with tags for $15 total! :D Then I stopped by another store to buy her a new pair of pajamas. They were suppossed to be 40% off but when I checked out they rang up 1 penny. Yup. Obviously a glitch in the system but that's what they rang up and that's what I paid. Yippee! :D Now if I could just find some Christmas bargains like that. :shop:

Those are some great bargains!
I hope we can find them this Christmas.

Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Thu May 23, 2013 12:37 pm

to you
tinseltown
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter