2013: 2300 Posts til Christmas

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: 2013: 2300 Posts til Christmas

Postby tinseltown » Sat May 25, 2013 1:32 pm

Noel+ wrote:
ksrjreed wrote:Almost forgot to mention that I hope everyone in the U.S. has a great Memorial Day and take time to remember why we celebrate this day, to remember the fallen soldiers that have fought to give us our freedom to have things like a Christmas forum and all our personal freedoms.

Amen. To those who gave all, and gave much, and protect us daily, we give honor, applause and thanksgiving!

Amen x
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby CandyKane » Sat May 25, 2013 1:44 pm

Enjoying a very peaceful Saturday. I got some yard and garden work done, now I'm working on the inside. I am picking lettuce, radishes, and carrots daily plus all the onions that I need. I can not wait for the tomatoes to be ripe. Nothing tastes better than veggies straight from the garden. Of course I'll be canning and freezing alot. There are always homegrown veggies on our Christmas dinner table. :dinner:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sat May 25, 2013 2:35 pm

Noel+ wrote:
Tomtemor wrote:Welcome back ksrjreed! I would love to do Christmas in July at church, it sounds so fun!

Yes! And Jennifer stay safe in Stockholm. We see reports of the riots on tv and pray for you and DH's family! :angelsnow:

Yes, the riots hit our area on thursday night. I did not check the news today to see if there was anything last night. Today we did some shopping and planted the cemetery garden for Swedish Mother´s Day. Did not see any evidence of recent violence. I pray it calms down. After a few nights, it becomes the "in" thing to do for young people even if they were not the original rioters. At the moment it looks like hubby will have no jobs after June 14, so we will be moving to Texas as soon as his Visa comes through. Whether I go ahead of him in September or not depends on if he gets full unemployment benefits. I am in doubt as he has had only multiple part time jobs, not one single full time job over the last two years. But Christmas miracles come in small doses! Praying the peace of Christmas and a happy memorial day for all my christmas friends!
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sat May 25, 2013 8:49 pm

CandyKane wrote:Enjoying a very peaceful Saturday. I got some yard and garden work done, now I'm working on the inside. I am picking lettuce, radishes, and carrots daily plus all the onions that I need. I can not wait for the tomatoes to be ripe. Nothing tastes better than veggies straight from the garden. Of course I'll be canning and freezing alot. There are always homegrown veggies on our Christmas dinner table. :dinner:

The first 15 years of my life my grandma, aunts, and Mom taught me to can veggies/fruits. We used them through the winter. There is nothing better when compared to canned manufactured vegetables. How I loved beefstake tomatoes with cottage cream in the summer. Here in the southwest we get small pink tomatoes from south america and they never compare! You are so right CK! Nothing better than home grown veggies on the Christmas table! :smilecc:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat May 25, 2013 8:50 pm

Tomtemor wrote:
Noel+ wrote:
Tomtemor wrote:Welcome back ksrjreed! I would love to do Christmas in July at church, it sounds so fun!

Yes! And Jennifer stay safe in Stockholm. We see reports of the riots on tv and pray for you and DH's family! :angelsnow:

Yes, the riots hit our area on thursday night. I did not check the news today to see if there was anything last night. Today we did some shopping and planted the cemetery garden for Swedish Mother´s Day. Did not see any evidence of recent violence. I pray it calms down. After a few nights, it becomes the "in" thing to do for young people even if they were not the original rioters. At the moment it looks like hubby will have no jobs after June 14, so we will be moving to Texas as soon as his Visa comes through. Whether I go ahead of him in September or not depends on if he gets full unemployment benefits. I am in doubt as he has had only multiple part time jobs, not one single full time job over the last two years. But Christmas miracles come in small doses! Praying the peace of Christmas and a happy memorial day for all my christmas friends!

Today I read about the parents of Stockholm patrolling the streets last night to prevent more riots. Amazing! I admire their courage & perseverance. Thats the Christmas spirit in action during difficult times. I am so very happy you are safe from the violent areas.

Maybe your move to Texas IS your Christmas miracle..........leading to more miracles! :D

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat May 25, 2013 8:51 pm

7 Months today til Christmas 2013!!! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby tinseltown » Sun May 26, 2013 1:49 pm

Its differcult times that we live in but we need to keep asking God for those Christmas miracles . Those were the days when everyone had fresh veg in their gardens or allotments ,and youre right ,great on the christmas dinner table :dinner: 7 months today ,CANT WAIT :smilecc:
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby tinseltown » Sun May 26, 2013 1:49 pm

How many post do we have now ? x
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby Noel+ » Sun May 26, 2013 3:11 pm

1170 Christmas posts!!!! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sun May 26, 2013 9:39 pm

Wishing each of you, our service men/women, and all veterans a safe, happy, Memorial Day!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon May 27, 2013 2:42 am

Noel+ wrote:
Tomtemor wrote:
Noel+ wrote:

Today I read about the parents of Stockholm patrolling the streets last night to prevent more riots. Amazing! I admire their courage & perseverance. Thats the Christmas spirit in action during difficult times. I am so very happy you are safe from the violent areas.

Maybe your move to Texas IS your Christmas miracle..........leading to more miracles! :D

Hubby read in the paper that our neighborhood is in dispute between two rival gangs. So "our" violence" has nothing to do with the other riots. However, a local pub we frequent on Friday nights was shot in the windows on a tuesday night. The owner, also an immigrant, said he will vote for the ultra conservatives who want to send offenders "home" whether or not they have become citizens. Hope all my Christmas friends have a very happy memorial day!
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Mon May 27, 2013 4:07 am

Stay safe Jennifer. We are praying for the situation in Sweden, and your community in particular. As we remember those who gave all for America, so we remember you! Keep that Christmas spirit high! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon May 27, 2013 4:49 am

Noel+ wrote:Stay safe Jennifer. We are praying for the situation in Sweden, and your community in particular. As we remember those who gave all for America, so we remember you! Keep that Christmas spirit high! :smilecc:

I was hoping things had stayed out of the news. My parents do not have internet so tv news is the only way they would find out. I did not win many points at school on friday when we were discussing the situation and someone said "what can the police do?" I said " I am american, tear gas works for me..........." I admire those who will walk on patrol, but unfortunately the only ones with guns in Sweden are the criminals. Good intentions do not stop bullets. We had stopped walking because of hubby´s illness and even though we are in the eternal day, I would not start walking again as our "neighborhood" is one big circle street and the source of the problem is actually behind our apartment house.........the really sad thing is that it is not even a religious uprising or the riot situation but a war between two drug gangs. Someone said that the riots have only provided "cover fire" for the other illegal activities. Come, Lord Jesus, come! Let the God of Christmas return and save us from this mess we have made of our world!
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon May 27, 2013 10:53 am

I know this Christmas news made the group, but could not remember if the video did. I think the end of the video is hilarious. The explanation of a religious holiday is prohibited unless the explanation has a secular purpose. One cannot discuss the secular celebration of CHRISTmas without discussing the religious even if one goes on to explain how many of our christmas traditions actually have pagan origins.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMiPJnC9mfA
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Mon May 27, 2013 4:59 pm

Tomtemor wrote:I know this Christmas news made the group, but could not remember if the video did. I think the end of the video is hilarious. The explanation of a religious holiday is prohibited unless the explanation has a secular purpose. One cannot discuss the secular celebration of CHRISTmas without discussing the religious even if one goes on to explain how many of our christmas traditions actually have pagan origins.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMiPJnC9mfA

Sadly, Jennifer, this is happening in America too. Secularism has gained much ground to the point it affects children in school. Even more important that families teach their children about faith & Christmas!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon May 27, 2013 5:01 pm

Happy Birthday, Christmas Crazy!!

Wishing you a birthday filled with love, laughter, joy and surprises from family & friends! We celebrate YOU!.....in the Christmas way!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Tue May 28, 2013 2:23 am

Noel+ wrote:Happy Birthday, Christmas Crazy!!

Wishing you a birthday filled with love, laughter, joy and surprises from family & friends! We celebrate YOU!.....in the Christmas way!

Happy (belated) Birthday Christmas Crazy! and beautiful artwork, Noel, as usual. Hm... I wonder if I will have to change my christmas handle if we move to Texas.........my facebook name is my "elf" name..........Jolly O´Leary.........that could work. :elfgrin:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue May 28, 2013 5:58 am

Tomtemor wrote:
Noel+ wrote:Happy Birthday, Christmas Crazy!!

Happy (belated) Birthday Christmas Crazy! and beautiful artwork, Noel, as usual. Hm... I wonder if I will have to change my christmas handle if we move to Texas.........my facebook name is my "elf" name..........Jolly O´Leary.........that could work. :elfgrin:

Thank you Christmas friends for the birthday wishes. I had a wonderful weekend. All my family came down here for graduation/my birthday. We had such a good time. Wish we could get together more often.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby tinseltown » Tue May 28, 2013 1:36 pm

Happy Birthday Christmas Crazy , have a fun filled festive birthday x
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue May 28, 2013 1:44 pm

tinseltown wrote:Happy Birthday Christmas Crazy , have a fun filled festive birthday x

Thanks Christmas friend!!!
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter