2013: 2300 Posts til Christmas

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: 2013: 2300 Posts til Christmas

Postby Noel+ » Tue May 28, 2013 9:34 pm

Still counting down to Christmas in July! Yearning for some Christmas lights, christmas candle glow and movies! Until July 25, my plans continue! :holly1:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed May 29, 2013 11:30 am

Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Wed May 29, 2013 11:51 am

Noel+ wrote:Still counting down to Christmas in July! Yearning for some Christmas lights, christmas candle glow and movies! Until July 25, my plans continue! :holly1:

I have been so focused on the probably move to the US that I have not even thought about Christmas in July. We will be in the throws if slinging and slanging (swedish word meaning the same thing) stuff away and packing. It might be nice for a little break. :gbhouse:
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Wed May 29, 2013 2:24 pm

Happy Belated Birthday Christmas Crazy! So glad you could enjoy your special day! :smilecc:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Wed May 29, 2013 2:29 pm

Today is the first 'official' day of dd's summer vacation. We've enjoyed a girls day doing a little shopping together. Had a great Memorial Day with family and friends and of course way too much fantastik food. Loving those summertime barbeques. Hubby finished mowing and baling our hay. With any luck will get enough rain to produce a second cutting for the winter. I love getting out in the snow and checking and feeding our cows and horses. :flake: Definitely feeling all Christmasy today! :smilecc:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Wed May 29, 2013 2:32 pm

If you would like to do something charitable but don't have the $$$$ to spend, here's two great sites to help animals. You donate kibble to shelter animals by answering a trivia question. Quick and easy! Help spread some Christmas Cheer. :elfgrin:

www.freekibble.com
www.freekibblekat.com

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed May 29, 2013 3:34 pm

CandyKane wrote:Happy Belated Birthday Christmas Crazy! So glad you could enjoy your special day! :smilecc:

Thank you my Christmas friend.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby tinseltown » Wed May 29, 2013 4:01 pm

CandyKane wrote:If you would like to do something charitable but don't have the $$$$ to spend, here's two great sites to help animals. You donate kibble to shelter animals by answering a trivia question. Quick and easy! Help spread some Christmas Cheer. :elfgrin:

http://www.freekibble.com
http://www.freekibblekat.com

This is a great way to help animals ,thanks Candycane for this christmas tip :smilecc:
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby Noel+ » Wed May 29, 2013 9:25 pm

Tomtemor wrote:
Noel+ wrote:Still counting down to Christmas in July! Yearning for some Christmas lights, christmas candle glow and movies! Until July 25, my plans continue! :holly1:

I have been so focused on the probably move to the US that I have not even thought about Christmas in July. We will be in the throws if slinging and slanging (swedish word meaning the same thing) stuff away and packing. It might be nice for a little break. :gbhouse:

I like your new Christmas avatar, Tomtemor!!

And yes, if you're sorting/packing then a day of Christmas would make your July 25 brighter! :D

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed May 29, 2013 9:26 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:Image

Ahhh.........that beautiful picture, Christmas Crazy, has me dreaming again of a White Christmas this year! :snowwow:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed May 29, 2013 9:28 pm

CandyKane wrote:Today is the first 'official' day of dd's summer vacation. We've enjoyed a girls day doing a little shopping together. Had a great Memorial Day with family and friends and of course way too much fantastik food. Loving those summertime barbeques. Hubby finished mowing and baling our hay. With any luck will get enough rain to produce a second cutting for the winter. I love getting out in the snow and checking and feeding our cows and horses. :flake: Definitely feeling all Christmasy today! :smilecc:

Nothing better than a 'girls day' with Mom & DD! :D

So glad your Memorial Day weekend was a wonderful one too!

Your DH has certainly been busy! Haying is hard work!

You know, I miss trudging out in the snowy landscape to feed the animals. Share some pictures this year with us please! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed May 29, 2013 9:29 pm

CandyKane wrote:If you would like to do something charitable but don't have the $$$$ to spend, here's two great sites to help animals. You donate kibble to shelter animals by answering a trivia question. Quick and easy! Help spread some Christmas Cheer. :elfgrin:

http://www.freekibble.com
http://www.freekibblekat.com

What a great family Christmas project to care for animals. Thanks, CK! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed May 29, 2013 9:30 pm

Singing Fa-la-la-la because we now have 1192 Christmas posts!! :carolbells:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu May 30, 2013 5:38 am

Well, my Christmas hopes were dashed today at the rheumatologist. The usual " we do no know what is wrong with you, so we are going to send you to a research hospital" where they will forget you are a person and turn you into a guinea pig because we cannot treat you without a proper diagnosis. Needless to say, we are beyond caring about a "proper" diagnosis and would like for them to treat the swollen hand joints that will no longer make a fists, etc. Hubby is the stoic swede and I am the mushroom cloud american who cannot wait to get out of here. I told him we may pay a fortune for medical in the US, but at least you (usually) get something for it. It is hard to keep the Christmas spirit up but Christmas in July will be July 21-28 at the Lundgren Lägenhet. Not sure what form the celebration will take, but we shall see. Continued prayers requested for hubby so he can finish his current jobs.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu May 30, 2013 5:47 am

Tomtemor is also quite ready to change her Christmas handle if someone would kindly remind her how. :-)
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Thu May 30, 2013 12:23 pm

Tomtemor wrote:Tomtemor is also quite ready to change her Christmas handle if someone would kindly remind her how. :-)

I think only Mrs. Claus can change our Christmas handles.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Thu May 30, 2013 12:30 pm

Noel+ wrote:
Tomtemor wrote:

I like your new Christmas avatar, Tomtemor!!

And yes, if you're sorting/packing then a day of Christmas would make your July 25 brighter! :D

I like your avatar also.
Christmas,
Texas style!!!
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby tinseltown » Thu May 30, 2013 1:03 pm

Tomtemor wrote:Well, my Christmas hopes were dashed today at the rheumatologist. The usual " we do no know what is wrong with you, so we are going to send you to a research hospital" where they will forget you are a person and turn you into a guinea pig because we cannot treat you without a proper diagnosis. Needless to say, we are beyond caring about a "proper" diagnosis and would like for them to treat the swollen hand joints that will no longer make a fists, etc. Hubby is the stoic swede and I am the mushroom cloud american who cannot wait to get out of here. I told him we may pay a fortune for medical in the US, but at least you (usually) get something for it. It is hard to keep the Christmas spirit up but Christmas in July will be July 21-28 at the Lundgren Lägenhet. Not sure what form the celebration will take, but we shall see. Continued prayers requested for hubby so he can finish his current jobs.

Fibromyalgia ??? Has he been checked ? its hard to diagnose but ... Praying for a christmas miracle x
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu May 30, 2013 1:24 pm

tinseltown wrote:
Tomtemor wrote:Well, my Christmas hopes were dashed today at the rheumatologist. The usual " we do no know what is wrong with you, so we are going to send you to a research hospital" where they will forget you are a person and turn you into a guinea pig because we cannot treat you without a proper diagnosis. Needless to say, we are beyond caring about a "proper" diagnosis and would like for them to treat the swollen hand joints that will no longer make a fists, etc. Hubby is the stoic swede and I am the mushroom cloud american who cannot wait to get out of here. I told him we may pay a fortune for medical in the US, but at least you (usually) get something for it. It is hard to keep the Christmas spirit up but Christmas in July will be July 21-28 at the Lundgren Lägenhet. Not sure what form the celebration will take, but we shall see. Continued prayers requested for hubby so he can finish his current jobs.

Fibromyalgia ??? Has he been checked ? its hard to diagnose but ... Praying for a christmas miracle x

Of course I am not a dr, but I have done alot of reading on alot of diseases over the last 5 years and the symptoms do not track. The pain areas are totally different than what is shown on Web, MD. The dr said the blood work showed no diabetes (Dr Jennifer did not think so), rheumatism, inflammation (no suprise, but I am not sure how they know that from blood work) and something is up with the kidneys (that is not good news). Aside from body aches, the major problems are the hands which cannnot make fists any more, swollen joints in the hands and painful feet at the end of the day. He says the bottoms of the feet. Dr. Jennifer thinks it is more of a connective tissue disease but no one listens. The eye infection is another factor and then there is the skin rash, T virus as I call it. The rheumatologist thinks all are tied together but he does not know how. I do not care how, I still think it had something to do with the rennovations at a previous job. He went to work one day in October 2009 fine and has not been fine since, but I am also beyond caring about what he was exposed to.

Ok, time to put on some Christmas music and pray for quick immigration processing to the US. :scene:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Thu May 30, 2013 3:40 pm

1200 Christmas Posts!!!
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter