2013: 2300 Posts til Christmas

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: 2013: 2300 Posts til Christmas

Postby Noel+ » Thu May 30, 2013 7:08 pm

Tomtemor wrote:Tomtemor is also quite ready to change her Christmas handle if someone would kindly remind her how. :-)

Just PM Mrs. C and she will change it for you! 8-)

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Thu May 30, 2013 7:09 pm

Tomtemor wrote:Well, my Christmas hopes were dashed today at the rheumatologist. The usual " we do no know what is wrong with you, so we are going to send you to a research hospital" where they will forget you are a person and turn you into a guinea pig because we cannot treat you without a proper diagnosis. Needless to say, we are beyond caring about a "proper" diagnosis and would like for them to treat the swollen hand joints that will no longer make a fists, etc. Hubby is the stoic swede and I am the mushroom cloud american who cannot wait to get out of here. I told him we may pay a fortune for medical in the US, but at least you (usually) get something for it. It is hard to keep the Christmas spirit up but Christmas in July will be July 21-28 at the Lundgren Lägenhet. Not sure what form the celebration will take, but we shall see. Continued prayers requested for hubby so he can finish his current jobs.

Continued prayers for your stoic swede DH! AND for you Jennifer! A Christmas miracle is due! :D

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Thu May 30, 2013 7:10 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:1200 Christmas Posts!!!

Time to do the Christmas 'happy dance' - we need just 1100 posts to make our goal! :snowgirl:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu May 30, 2013 11:59 pm

Merry Friday Christmas! Another Friday closer to Christmas in July!
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Fri May 31, 2013 1:15 am

Tomtemor wrote:Merry Friday Christmas! Another Friday closer to Christmas in July!

Merry Friday Christmas to:

Tomtemor
Christmas Crazy
Tinseltown
CandyKane

and all our CAY friends! :scene:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri May 31, 2013 1:45 am

QVC's Christmas in July program airs on 7/20 and 7/21 !!! Just love watching the shows, with the rooms all decorated and carols playing in the background!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri May 31, 2013 2:06 am

Noel+ wrote:
Tomtemor wrote:Tomtemor is also quite ready to change her Christmas handle if someone would kindly remind her how. :-)

Just PM Mrs. C and she will change it for you! 8-)

OK, thanks! I will be sure I make up my mind first so she does not have to change it too often. :elfgrin:

Merry Friday Christmas!
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri May 31, 2013 2:15 am

Noel+ wrote:QVC's Christmas in July program airs on 7/20 and 7/21 !!! Just love watching the shows, with the rooms all decorated and carols playing in the background!

Calendar is marked. I can see why they put it on a weekend, but I used to so enjoy watching it when I got off work during the week. I have a file of Advent devotions called "The Colors of Advent!" that are a bit different than the usual Advent theme. Since lighting candles in July seems a bit ...redundant?.... I am working on the idea of using flowers but have not gotten further with that idea....Christmas in jUlyused to just be about fun, but in recent years we have tried to add a spiritual component. OH, and to the person who said they were doing Christmas in July at church, I saw a church online one year who had a Christmas in July VBS. They talked about the Christmas tradition s on each of the five continents. One continent per day. I thought that was cool. Did you know that they have Christmas in July at the research facility on Antarctica? :snowwow:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Fri May 31, 2013 2:18 am

Tomtemor wrote:
Noel+ wrote:QVC's Christmas in July program airs on 7/20 and 7/21 !!! Just love watching the shows, with the rooms all decorated and carols playing in the background!

Calendar is marked. I can see why they put it on a weekend, but I used to so enjoy watching it when I got off work during the week. I have a file of Advent devotions called "The Colors of Advent!" that are a bit different than the usual Advent theme. Since lighting candles in July seems a bit ...redundant?.... I am working on the idea of using flowers but have not gotten further with that idea....Christmas in jUlyused to just be about fun, but in recent years we have tried to add a spiritual component. OH, and to the person who said they were doing Christmas in July at church, I saw a church online one year who had a Christmas in July VBS. They talked about the Christmas tradition s on each of the five continents. One continent per day. I thought that was cool. Did you know that they have Christmas in July at the research facility on Antarctica? :snowwow:

I understand about the candles - me too! - so I use battery-operated candles all year long! At Christmas & July I just pull out my red/silver/green/gold ones to decorate! It'll be atleast 110F here on the 20th of July!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri May 31, 2013 5:09 am

A little Christmas trivia:

We all know that Rudolph has a red nose, but does Rudolph have antlers? :reindeersmile:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri May 31, 2013 7:03 am

ImageMerry Friday Christmas!!!Image
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri May 31, 2013 7:14 am

Noel+ wrote:A little Christmas trivia:

We all know that Rudolph has a red nose, but does Rudolph have antlers? :reindeersmile:

Yes. He had little "buds" on top of his head.
Robert L. May created Rudolph for Montgomery Ward in 1939.

Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Fri May 31, 2013 7:48 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:
Noel+ wrote:A little Christmas trivia:

Yes. He had little "buds" on top of his head.
Robert L. May created Rudolph for Montgomery Ward in 1939.

That was fast & correct Christmas Crazy! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri May 31, 2013 7:49 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:ImageMerry Friday Christmas!!!Image

The bell icons are beautiful, Christmas Crazy, and Merry Christmas Friday back at ya! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri May 31, 2013 7:50 am

My children have decided I should "practice" the chocolate-peanut butter- butterscotch chip cookies today. Just to be sure the recipe is good enough for Christmas in July. Um-hum - lol! Works for me! :lol:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri May 31, 2013 8:21 am

Well..........my Dh just chimed in on the cookies and stated I needed to put a Reeces mini-cup between the layers of cookie dough. So now to grease the muffin pans! Nothing like Reese's to make you think of Christmas cookies! :lol:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri May 31, 2013 8:24 am

Noel+ wrote:My children have decided I should "practice" the chocolate-peanut butter- butterscotch chip cookies today. Just to be sure the recipe is good enough for Christmas in July. Um-hum - lol! Works for me! :lol:

Practicing Christmas baking. Now that's a great idea.Image
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri May 31, 2013 8:26 am

Noel, have you been up all night my Christmas friend?
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Fri May 31, 2013 8:37 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:Noel, have you been up all night my Christmas friend?

Yes, Christmas Crazy, and when Momma doesn't sleep the family wakes up early. Way early!!! LOL! :lol: :lol:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri May 31, 2013 8:56 am

Noel+ wrote:
Christmas Crazy wrote:Noel, have you been up all night my Christmas friend?

Yes, Christmas Crazy, and when Momma doesn't sleep the family wakes up early. Way early!!! LOL! :lol: :lol:

Up all night AND baking Christmas in July cookies.
You must be
SUPERWOMAN!!!
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter