2013: 2300 Posts til Christmas

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: 2013: 2300 Posts til Christmas

Postby Noel+ » Fri May 31, 2013 9:16 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:
Noel+ wrote:
Christmas Crazy wrote:Noel, have you been up all night my Christmas friend?

Yes, Christmas Crazy, and when Momma doesn't sleep the family wakes up early. Way early!!! LOL! :lol: :lol:

Up all night AND baking Christmas in July cookies.
You must be
SUPERWOMAN!!!

Just so nutty about Christmas it doesn't matter if I am sleep deprived....hahahs. And the smell of cookies baking has us all grinning ear to ear.

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri May 31, 2013 10:19 am

Noel+ wrote:
Tomtemor wrote:
Noel+ wrote:QVC's Christmas in July program airs on 7/20 and 7/21 !!! Just love watching the shows, with the rooms all decorated and carols playing in the background!

I understand about the candles - me too! - so I use battery-operated candles all year long! At Christmas & July I just pull out my red/silver/green/gold ones to decorate! It'll be atleast 110F here on the 20th of July!

Christmas in July decorations are mostly paper, garland, the Merry Christmas sign, a banner with cats in stockings hanging over the kitchen door. The washable table placemats with a snow scene, using the christmas melamine dishes, and the little tree with hawaiian ornaments. Someday I would like to make cloth placemats with a "summer santa" theme, a tree skirt for the little tree and small stockings that say Jolly and Perky. Maybe in Texas where there is AC indoors!
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Fri May 31, 2013 12:16 pm

u]
Tomtemor wrote:
Noel+ wrote:
Tomtemor wrote:
Noel+ wrote:QVC's Christmas in July program airs on 7/20 and 7/21 !!! Just love watching the shows, with the rooms all decorated and carols playing in the background!

I understand about the candles - me too! - so I use battery-operated candles all year long! At Christmas & July I just pull out my red/silver/green/gold ones to decorate! It'll be atleast 110F here on the 20th of July!

Christmas in July decorations are mostly paper, garland, the Merry Christmas sign, a banner with cats in stockings hanging over the kitchen door. The washable table placemats with a snow scene, using the christmas melamine dishes, and the little tree with hawaiian ornaments. Someday I would like to make cloth placemats with a "summer santa" theme, a tree skirt for the little tree and small stockings that say Jolly and Perky. Maybe in Texas where there is AC indoors!

That sounds Christmas awesome! :D

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri May 31, 2013 2:58 pm

Cute Christmas site. Especially if you have kids.

http://xmasfun.com
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby tinseltown » Fri May 31, 2013 3:00 pm

Noel+ wrote:
Tomtemor wrote:Merry Friday Christmas! Another Friday closer to Christmas in July!

Merry Friday Christmas to:

Tomtemor
Christmas Crazy
Tinseltown
CandyKane

and all our CAY friends! :scene:

Merry Christmas friday x
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby tinseltown » Fri May 31, 2013 3:09 pm

Praise the lord . Found cheap tickets and a cheap hotel which a dear friend paid for until i get paid so truly a christmas miracle !!!! :smilecc: Going to Athens with dad 16th of june and staying at the Acroplis view hotel which is , you guessed it , next to the acroplis :smilecc: Theres a big flea market as well at a place called Monastaraki which is a short walk from where we are staying . My daughter will join us there and then mum in law will fly up monday morning and we;ll meet at the college for the graduation . Many thanks for your prayers CAY friends . I just joined The Santa Express page on Facebook which looks a great site . If anyone wants to friend me on Facebook im Tina Anton in Rhodes and im pictured wearing a Santa hat !!! :smilecc: Blessings to you all and have a festive fun weekend x :snowwow:
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:58 am

tinseltown wrote:Praise the lord . Found cheap tickets and a cheap hotel which a dear friend paid for until i get paid so truly a christmas miracle !!!! :smilecc: Going to Athens with dad 16th of june and staying at the Acroplis view hotel which is , you guessed it , next to the acroplis :smilecc: Theres a big flea market as well at a place called Monastaraki which is a short walk from where we are staying . My daughter will join us there and then mum in law will fly up monday morning and we;ll meet at the college for the graduation . Many thanks for your prayers CAY friends . I just joined The Santa Express page on Facebook which looks a great site . If anyone wants to friend me on Facebook im Tina Anton in Rhodes and im pictured wearing a Santa hat !!! :smilecc: Blessings to you all and have a festive fun weekend x :snowwow:

Congratulations on your daughter´s graduation and Praise for God´s provision for you to attend! Christmas blessings to you and your family! :elfgrin:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:31 am

tinseltown wrote:Praise the lord . Found cheap tickets and a cheap hotel which a dear friend paid for until i get paid so truly a christmas miracle !!!! :smilecc: Going to Athens with dad 16th of june and staying at the Acroplis view hotel which is , you guessed it , next to the acroplis :smilecc: Theres a big flea market as well at a place called Monastaraki which is a short walk from where we are staying . My daughter will join us there and then mum in law will fly up monday morning and we;ll meet at the college for the graduation . Many thanks for your prayers CAY friends . I just joined The Santa Express page on Facebook which looks a great site . If anyone wants to friend me on Facebook im Tina Anton in Rhodes and im pictured wearing a Santa hat !!! :smilecc: Blessings to you all and have a festive fun weekend x :snowwow:

Rejoicing with you, and your family, Tinseltown at God's provision! Very excited for you to be so blessed! What a beautiful weekend you're having! :D

DH has a facebook account, so I'll check out The Santa Express! Thanks!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:33 am

It's a busy Saturday, June 1 already at 1:32am. Home from temp work assignment and much to do today!

My brother is driving up to pick up his large appliances, bed, and remaining furniture that will fit his tiny place. So we'll be helping him load. Nice change to see him.......maybe the only time til Christmas. :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:39 am

55 Days til Christmas in July ! :rockettes: :carolbells: :rockettes:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:55 am

hm...seem to be having problems here. No christmas fun
Last edited by Jolly O'Leary on Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:55 am

Tomtemor wrote:
Noel+ wrote:55 Days til Christmas in July ! :rockettes: :carolbells: :rockettes:

We were talking about the Christmas in July decorations this morning and how most of them are cheap and disposable. We will celebrate and then dump all but the hawaiian ornaments and garland. They too were cheap but I do not want to have to hunt for them again. They can be the basis of our new celebrations in years to come and we can use the Christmas in July storage bag for other things we plan to take. For Christmas in August, we just put up the merry christmas sign and banner. Those we are keeping. :gbhouse: :elf: :scene:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:36 pm

Sounds like a fantasik trip you have planned Tinseltown. You couldn't be getting a better early Christmas gift. :smilecc:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:42 pm

Rain, rain, rain. We got over 6 inches of rain Thursday and it's pouring down again today. Lots of flooding problems in Arkansas and deaths have been caused. We have been in a few tornado watches but thankfully those haven't developed for us. The tornado footage from Oklahoma last night was really incredible. So sad for more damage and loss of life. This time last year we were in a Severe drought with little pasture or hay for they livestock. What a difference a year makes. Everything is lush and green. One good thing about the rain is I've gotten lots of housecleaning and organizing done. I took a huge load of stuff to our local charity thrift shop. Such a good feeling. Kinda like Christmas. :scene:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:06 pm

Noticed in my Christmas in July browsing that Christmas in July with Preston Sturges is now on DVD and not to expensive. Will get that for our Christmas in July present this year!
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:21 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:
Noel+ wrote:A little Christmas trivia:

We all know that Rudolph has a red nose, but does Rudolph have antlers? :reindeersmile:

Yes. He had little "buds" on top of his head.
Robert L. May created Rudolph for Montgomery Ward in 1939.

It was so great to see this post because we just checked this book out of the children's library last week. I don't recall ever reading the original story. Dd liked it, but she thought it was too long. :lol: I love the original illustrations. Who could have guessed this book would be such a big part of our Christmas celebrations. Love me some Rudolph! :rudolph1: :rudolph1: :rudolph1:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:20 pm

CandyKane wrote:Rain, rain, rain. We got over 6 inches of rain Thursday and it's pouring down again today. Lots of flooding problems in Arkansas and deaths have been caused. We have been in a few tornado watches but thankfully those haven't developed for us. The tornado footage from Oklahoma last night was really incredible. So sad for more damage and loss of life. This time last year we were in a Severe drought with little pasture or hay for they livestock. What a difference a year makes. Everything is lush and green. One good thing about the rain is I've gotten lots of housecleaning and organizing done. I took a huge load of stuff to our local charity thrift shop. Such a good feeling. Kinda like Christmas. :scene:

Weather is so unpredictable: tornados in the midwest alley, rain in Arkansas, fires in California and extreme heat in the southwest. Hang in there, CK, we're all struggling with weather woes.

Congrats! on all your organizing work! Your local thrift shop is blessed by you every year!! :D You make it Christmas for them every summer.

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:21 pm

Tomtemor wrote:Noticed in my Christmas in July browsing that Christmas in July with Preston Sturges is now on DVD and not to expensive. Will get that for our Christmas in July present this year!

That's a great idea Tomtemor! Christmas movies/specials are the best all year long.

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:22 pm

CandyKane wrote:
Christmas Crazy wrote:
Noel+ wrote:A little Christmas trivia:

We all know that Rudolph has a red nose, but does Rudolph have antlers? :reindeersmile:

Yes. He had little "buds" on top of his head.
Robert L. May created Rudolph for Montgomery Ward in 1939.

It was so great to see this post because we just checked this book out of the children's library last week. I don't recall ever reading the original story. Dd liked it, but she thought it was too long. :lol: I love the original illustrations. Who could have guessed this book would be such a big part of our Christmas celebrations. Love me some Rudolph! :rudolph1: :rudolph1: :rudolph1:

I chuckled that your DD thinks the story is too long! My kiddos want the stories longer! And this is a fave Christmas book for all time! :rudolph1:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:23 pm

My brother is driving home with a fully loaded truck bed and pulling a U-Haul trailer. WOW! It was 108F today and exhausting work for all involved. We just had to quit at one point -- next time he's in town, we need to help him load again.

The family is watching Empire Strikes Back.........I'm about to fall asleep!.........my precious DH bought Burger King for dinner. Works for me! The snow in the movie makes me think of White Christmas! :snowwow:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter