2013: 2300 Posts til Christmas

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: 2013: 2300 Posts til Christmas

Postby CandyKane » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:53 am

Enjoying some awesome weather here before the heat comes in a couple days. Dd and I are staying super busy. Summer reading program at the library, garden club, 4-h and girl scout fun days. She has t-ball games and art and craft camp starts next week. And swimming lessons start soon. Its almost time for family vacation too. Today we are just goofing off. Thought we might go to a few yard sales around town. Might find some new Christmas items cheap. Have a fabulous day everybody! :smilecc:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby tinseltown » Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:02 pm

Have a great festive weekend xxxx
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:38 pm

tinseltown wrote:Have a great festive weekend xxxx

You have a super-dee-duper, Christmassy weekend too tinseltown!!!
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby ksrjreed » Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:15 pm

Very busy day at work today, but when you get to come home and watch a Christmas classic like Miracle on 34th street it makes the day that much better.

Also thanks for all the Christmas in July ideas, it is making my planning that much easier. :smilecc:

Some men are Baptists, others Catholics; my father was an Oldsmobile man.
ksrjreed
Bow Maker

Location: Helping the Old Man Change a Tire,,,,,,,OH FUDGE!!!

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:37 pm

ksrjreed wrote:Very busy day at work today, but when you get to come home and watch a Christmas classic like Miracle on 34th street it makes the day that much better.

Also thanks for all the Christmas in July ideas, it is making my planning that much easier. :smilecc:

I love that Christmas movie!!! Image
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby tinseltown » Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:22 pm

Its all go here and getting hotter by the day :snowwow: Dad arrives on wednesday and my friends from a church in Wales arrive the same day . Drinks here thursday night , friday invited to a bbq and then sunday and monday Acroplis and graduation :smilecc: Still working 10 hour days through all this so i need super Christmas stamina to keep going :smilecc: Blessings to you all xx
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:16 pm

tinseltown wrote:Its all go here and getting hotter by the day :snowwow: Dad arrives on wednesday and my friends from a church in Wales arrive the same day . Drinks here thursday night , friday invited to a bbq and then sunday and monday Acroplis and graduation :smilecc: Still working 10 hour days through all this so i need super Christmas stamina to keep going :smilecc: Blessings to you all xx

Yes, you need front-of-the-pack Christmas Reindeer stamina. Have a great time!
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:55 pm

Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:47 pm

CandyKane wrote:Enjoying some awesome weather here before the heat comes in a couple days. Dd and I are staying super busy. Summer reading program at the library, garden club, 4-h and girl scout fun days. She has t-ball games and art and craft camp starts next week. And swimming lessons start soon. Its almost time for family vacation too. Today we are just goofing off. Thought we might go to a few yard sales around town. Might find some new Christmas items cheap. Have a fabulous day everybody! :smilecc:

So glad you are having lovely weather, CK. I know you longed for during the long winter. Your DD is so active! That's great for body & soul. Good luck on your Christmas yard sale hunt! :D

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:48 pm

ksrjreed wrote:Very busy day at work today, but when you get to come home and watch a Christmas classic like Miracle on 34th street it makes the day that much better.

You're watching one of my all-time fave Christmas movies - the original Miracle on 34th Street! All you need is hot cocoa and popcorn! :wink:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:49 pm

tinseltown wrote:Its all go here and getting hotter by the day :snowwow: Dad arrives on wednesday and my friends from a church in Wales arrive the same day . Drinks here thursday night , friday invited to a bbq and then sunday and monday Acroplis and graduation :smilecc: Still working 10 hour days through all this so i need super Christmas stamina to keep going :smilecc: Blessings to you all xx

Just wonderful to feel your excitement, tinseltown, planning on your graduation with family/friends. All praying for "super Christmas stamina" for you all! Treasure each moment and make new beautiful memories! Congrats! again. :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:50 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:Image

Ahhhhhhh that snowy scene makes my heart fill with Christmas cheer! Thanks Christmas Crazy! :scene:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:51 pm

Well, its 111F outside today with 20mph winds. Its like living in a blast furnace! 8-) Just no way it makes you feel Christmasy.

SO.........time for some Christmas cartoons! We're having a cold supper of chicken salad, fruit salad and ice cream with Mickey Mouse! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby tinseltown » Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:22 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:

Yes, you need front-of-the-pack Christmas Reindeer stamina. Have a great time!

Love the reindeers :smilecc:
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby tinseltown » Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:24 pm

Noel+ wrote:

Just wonderful to feel your excitement, tinseltown, planning on your graduation with family/friends. All praying for "super Christmas stamina" for you all! Treasure each moment and make new beautiful memories! Congrats! again. :smilecc:

Thanks Noel i will , we should treasure each moment of times like this , the way we do at christmas :smilecc:
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:32 pm

Only 199 days till Christmas!
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:59 am

Praying for stamina for Tinseltown and that you enjoy your time with family and celebrations.

8 days of school left and hubby has only 5 days of work. Needing a bit of christmas stamina myself as I will not be taking a break this week. with my commute my "work day" is 11 hours and I am trying to finish another module so it can be added to my "competence" in case I actually get a job here. I can do the 11 hour days for about 3 in a row, then I am dead..........so this will be a tough week. Hubby finished up on Friday and reports to the (un)employment office on Monday. Praying for some Christmas miracles and SO looking forward to Christmas in July! (though maybe not the heat)
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:55 am

A friend of mine just posted a picture on Facebook of Christmas decorations on the shelf at Hobby Lobby.
We're definitely getting closer!!!

Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:40 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:A friend of mine just posted a picture on Facebook of Christmas decorations on the shelf at Hobby Lobby.
We're definitely getting closer!!!

Yes, our Hobby Lobby as a section roped off that is almost full of Christmas decorations! WOOT! WOOT! Just a few more weeks til we can start crafting! :shop:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:42 pm

Tomtemor wrote:Praying for stamina for Tinseltown and that you enjoy your time with family and celebrations.

8 days of school left and hubby has only 5 days of work. Needing a bit of christmas stamina myself as I will not be taking a break this week. with my commute my "work day" is 11 hours and I am trying to finish another module so it can be added to my "competence" in case I actually get a job here. I can do the 11 hour days for about 3 in a row, then I am dead..........so this will be a tough week. Hubby finished up on Friday and reports to the (un)employment office on Monday. Praying for some Christmas miracles and SO looking forward to Christmas in July! (though maybe not the heat)

Jennifer, we're continuing to uphold you & your DH in prayers. I worked a 3-day 40 hr week at one time, and it is completely exhausting. Your immune system is weakened by the stress, so please eat healthy! Waiting for your Christmas miralce with you! Hugs! :angelsnow:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter